So We're Sending Biden?

Bloodrock44

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2012
Buzzard Gulch, NC
So Obama can go to Mandela's funeral but he is sending Biden to Sharon's funeral? Another slap in the face to our closet ally.

Obama honors Sharon's dedication to Israel, Biden to go to funeral | Reuters

(Reuters) - President Barack Obama on Saturday lauded the late Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's dedication to the Jewish state and reaffirmed an "unshakable commitment" to Israel's security as Vice President Joe Biden prepared to attend the funeral.

Obama called Sharon - who died at age 85 on Saturday and had been in a coma for the entirety of Obama's presidency - "a leader who dedicated his life to the state of Israel." He said he sent his "deepest condolences" to Sharon's family.

So Obama can go to Mandela's funeral but he is sending Biden to Sharon's funeral? Another slap in the face to our closet ally.

(Reuters) - President Barack Obama on Saturday lauded the late Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's dedication to the Jewish state and reaffirmed an "unshakable commitment" to Israel's security as Vice President Joe Biden prepared to attend the funeral.

Obama called Sharon - who died at age 85 on Saturday and had been in a coma for the entirety of Obama's presidency - "a leader who dedicated his life to the state of Israel." He said he sent his "deepest condolences" to Sharon's family.
They don't need Obmama there anyhow.

Seeing as how Biden knew Sharon, and Obama has likely never met him, this doesn't seem that strange to me.

I am always quite amused at people taking offense by proxy for other people, though.

Seeing as how Biden knew Sharon, and Obama has likely never met him, this doesn't seem that strange to me.

I am always quite amused at people taking offense by proxy for other people, though.

That's not an excuse. I'd like to see how many other leaders will be doing this same thing because it's Israel.

That's not an excuse. I'd like to see how many other leaders will be doing this same thing because it's Israel.
I also am curious as to how many leaders blatantly show their anti-Semitism by sending a flunky.

If Sharon were Deputy Prime Minister I could understand sending Biden. And Obama only met Mandela one time. Israel is our closest ally in the Middle East. IMHO the president should attend. I am not offended, but I'm glad I could amuse you.

And if Obama was going, they'd be bitching about how much the trip is going to cost us.

But only for a short time.

Within minutes He'd make an ass of Himself (and incidentally all Americans) by pulling some school-kid stunt. But maybe His Danish playmate wouldn't sit next to Him this time? I'm sure Moochelle might have a little something to say on the subject.

Nelson Mandela had a world wide impact, and was pivatol in ending one of the last enduring racist regimes. He was also instrumental in taking his country successfully through the aftermath without bloodshed. He was deeply respected and admired around the world.

Ariel Sharon is not Nelson Mandela.

The only slap in the face is the insult in making such a comparison. Men like Mandela are a tiny handful of Great Men. Like Ghandi, Martin Luther King, Abraham Lincoln (in my opinion). Sharon is not in that category and that in no way diminishes what he did for Israel.

Nelson Mandela had a world wide impact, and was pivatol in ending one of the last enduring racist regimes. He was also instrumental in taking his country successfully through the aftermath without bloodshed. He was deeply respected and admired around the world.

The only slap in the face is the insult in making such a comparison. Men like Mandela are a tiny handful of Great Men. Like Ghandi, Martin Luther King, Abraham Lincoln (in my opinion). Sharon is not in that category and that in no way diminishes what he did for Israel.

Ariel Sharon was the head of state of our closest ally in the middle east. Just my opinion, but I believe our president should have gone.

I also am curious as to how many leaders blatantly show their anti-Semitism by sending a flunky.
So Obama not attending the funeral of a jew he never meet is anti-semitism?? ... :cool:

Ariel Sharon was the head of state of our closest ally in the middle east. Just my opinion, but I believe our president should have gone.

For once I think Mr Obama is correct. A lot of friends of the US die - well all of them -and the president can't spend all of his time attending funerals. At least a senior member of the administration is going to Sharon's. Which is more than can be said for Lady Thatcher's, when the Obama administration was not represented at any level.

Does Biden even know how to take a selfie? And will Mrs. Biden be attending?

Does Biden even know how to take a selfie? And will Mrs. Biden be attending?

Mr Biden does not need to know - selfies are Mrs Thorning Schmidt's ( aka the Danish Delight) job.

We don't expect it to be like Nelson Mandela.

But Ariel Sharon was a symbol to the saying that the hand carres is also the hand that hits. And like that he will remembered.

A great man who owned respect. But also a leader who caused much pain and sorrow to the people. The builder and the destroyer of his nation.

He should be remembered and respected as such.

Forum List

Back