So We're Sending Biden?

Pres. Obama didn't attend Margret Thatcher's funeral and no one is called him anti-british.

Yet, for not going to Sharon's funeral people are accusing Obama of anti-semitism.

Go figure......... :cool:

Yep. The only people calling Mr Obama anti-British are the British and what do they know?

Pres. Obama didn't attend Margret Thatcher's funeral and no one is called him anti-british.

Yet, for not going to Sharon's funeral people are accusing Obama of anti-semitism.

Yep. The only people calling Mr Obama anti-British are the British and what do they know?

Don't remember any British people complaining about it, actually.

Just American conservatives.

There is me, actually, so now you know at least one.

If you read the serious UK press you would know that it is widely believed that Mr Obama hates Britain, mostly because of what he perceives to be the injustices wrought by the colonial power on his father's land. Particularly the way in which the Mau Mau rebellion was suppressed.

The British are not wont to complain about dud US presidents, seeing them as something of a natural hazard.

Seeing as how Biden knew Sharon, and Obama has likely never met him, this doesn't seem that strange to me.

I am always quite amused at people taking offense by proxy for other people, though.

If Sharon were Deputy Prime Minister I could understand sending Biden. And Obama only met Mandela one time. Israel is our closest ally in the Middle East. IMHO the president should attend. I am not offended, but I'm glad I could amuse you.

I believe the major problem is what action the filastin terrorists will take against the leaders of the worlds super powers. The leftist elements of government will not want to place the elected leader in the line of fire, and after the debacle at mandela's funeral they will be extra careful. It would only take one rocket to hit the front ranks and the world would be in turmoil, and WW3 would be on the cards almost immediately. The UN would meet and turn their might on the filastins, NATO would mobilise and send troops to Israel. Then the Russians would get involved along with the Chinese and Saudis making for one hell of a mess. Then everyone would get their wish for a single state, only problem would be it would be an Israeli one claiming the land from the sea to the river.

Nelson Mandela had a world wide impact, and was pivatol in ending one of the last enduring racist regimes. He was also instrumental in taking his country successfully through the aftermath without bloodshed. He was deeply respected and admired around the world.

Ariel Sharon is not Nelson Mandela.

The only slap in the face is the insult in making such a comparison. Men like Mandela are a tiny handful of Great Men. Like Ghandi, Martin Luther King, Abraham Lincoln (in my opinion). Sharon is not in that category and that in no way diminishes what he did for Israel.

Mandela was a convicted Marxist traitor and terrorist, with the blood of thousands on his hands

And if Obama was going, they'd be bitching about how much the trip is going to cost us.

It's not a vacation. Just common courtesy from one head of state to another.
Sharon isn't a head of state.......in fact he has been in a comma the whole time Obama has been in office. ... :cool:

Niether was Mandela, Ghandi, Queen mother or Maggie Thatcher when they died. But you being a RACIST ANTI SEMITIC JEW HATING NAZI only single out Sharron for this treatment

That's not an excuse. I'd like to see how many other leaders will be doing this same thing because it's Israel.
I also am curious as to how many leaders blatantly show their anti-Semitism by sending a flunky.
So Obama not attending the funeral of a jew he never meet is anti-semitism?? ... :cool:

Correct, just as sending a flunkie to the funeral of say Arafat would be seen as islamophobia by you

Nelson Mandela had a world wide impact, and was pivatol in ending one of the last enduring racist regimes. He was also instrumental in taking his country successfully through the aftermath without bloodshed. He was deeply respected and admired around the world.

The only slap in the face is the insult in making such a comparison. Men like Mandela are a tiny handful of Great Men. Like Ghandi, Martin Luther King, Abraham Lincoln (in my opinion). Sharon is not in that category and that in no way diminishes what he did for Israel.

We don't expect it to be like Nelson Mandela.

But Ariel Sharon was a symbol to the saying that the hand carres is also the hand that hits. And like that he will remembered.

A great man who owned respect. But also a leader who caused much pain and sorrow to the people. The builder and the destroyer of his nation.

He should be remembered and respected as such.

I agree - but the comparison is being made with Nelson Mandela's funeral, and I think it's an inaccurate comparison. National leaders do not go to the funeral of every national leader. The expectation that he should have because he went to Mandela's is shoddy (imo) :)

Don't forget the filastins will see it as a opportunity to strike a blow for Islamic world conquest, so wont be able to guarantee the safety of the worlds leaders. Or more precisely they will refuse to stop all belligerence for that small period of time. No doubt the White House has already been in touch with the filistan leaders and been appraised of the situation.

I am glad our President is not attending the funeral of the Butcher of Beirut.

So Obama can go to Mandela's funeral but he is sending Biden to Sharon's funeral? Another slap in the face to our closet ally.

Obama honors Sharon's dedication to Israel, Biden to go to funeral | Reuters

(Reuters) - President Barack Obama on Saturday lauded the late Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's dedication to the Jewish state and reaffirmed an "unshakable commitment" to Israel's security as Vice President Joe Biden prepared to attend the funeral.

Obama called Sharon - who died at age 85 on Saturday and had been in a coma for the entirety of Obama's presidency - "a leader who dedicated his life to the state of Israel." He said he sent his "deepest condolences" to Sharon's family.

I wonder if the imminent attack on the Funeral will make you change your mind on the situation. Or if you will claim that it was a Mossad attack.

10 will get you 1 that the muslims will try something during the funeral

We all did over here, but then we also have a large head of Islamic terrorists who would claim the bounty on obamas head placed there by the clerics of islam.

How is not going to a funeral for a guy who was in a coma three years before you became president news?

Last edited:
Ariel Sharon was the head of state of our closest ally in the middle east. Just my opinion, but I believe our president should have gone.

I guess as I see it - not every former prime minister of our allies necessarily requires a president attending...:dunno:

Obama is two for two in that regard. He didn't even bother to send Biden to Thatcher's funeral.

Yes America lost not just anally but also a special friendship due to Obama and his views. This is why he is courting Sarkozy so he still has a toe in Europe. A long way for even modern planes to fly from the USA to the M.E

British press, at the time (no link available now so don't even try to deflect), said He had been asked not to attend so decorum might prevail.
Maybe Obama's returning of the Churchill bust statue had something to do with it.......... :cool:

In fairness, that may have shown Obama to have a little class. I'm sure, had He left it up Moochelle, she'd have just put it in the trash.

Which Is were I heard the boxed set of DVD's ended up when Brown lost his town house

Are you perchance British, or were you over here on holiday at the time. Was that you smoking the cigar and wearing the baggy shorts and complaining about the beer

Mandela was a convicted Marxist traitor and terrorist, with the blood of thousands on his hands
I wonder why people forget that.

The Americans should un-retire their best terrorist-spy and send him to the funeral. Osama bin Laden, that is.

Forum List

Back