So Trumpkins.

which trump promise will be kept

Well, therein is a problem I've had with Trump from "day one." I have no damn idea which of his promises he'll actually act to effect.
The history of political campaign promises says that you should expect that NONE of his campaign promises will be fulfilled, which means that:

a.) You won't have to be disappointed when your expectations are met
b.) If he actually does manage to follow through on one you can be pleasantly surprised and use it as an excuse to go out and party.

:D

Sure, but thinking that way, one has no good reason to choose any candidate based on what they say they want to do. Accordingly, that viewpoint, while it may save one's sanity, is of no use in informing the decision making process.

Well, therein is a problem I've had with Trump from "day one." I have no damn idea which of his promises he'll actually act to effect.
The history of political campaign promises says that you should expect that NONE of his campaign promises will be fulfilled, which means that:

b.) If he actually does manage to follow through on one you can be pleasantly surprised and use it as an excuse to go out and party.

Honestly , I want to hear more about tariffs, what products they will be on, and the Obama care, when will we not have to deal with thay? I mean it's is the law of the land for now, I think open enrollment is coming up and folks will need to go on, but what about those who don't and diddnt. will the "tax" be applied or forgiven? That leads to another campaign promise, to reform the IRS. He switched to red meat only stuff when he thought he was losing and has not gotten back to the other stuff yet. I don't get why everyone is all excited about what we were stuck with as a candidate and it's looking like we are right. but your right. he aint even in yet so we shall see iguess.

Red:
The time to have heard more about anything is long gone. The man's won the election. Whatever he says now will be nothing other than whatever way he wants to spin how what he said ambiguously before is consistent with he is doing at any given moment.

Sure, but thinking that way, one has no good reason to choose any candidate based on what they say they want to do. Accordingly, that viewpoint, while it may save one's sanity, is of no use in informing the decision making process.
I know what you're saying but it's not a "viewpoint" it's reality, all one need do is look at the history of Presidential Campaign Promises to see that.

just some recent examples:

Bill Clinton promised that the "Era of Big Government" was over ... OOPS
George W. Bush promised no nation building ... OOPS
Barak Obama promised to make health care affordable for all Americans....OOPS

....and on and on and on it goes.

You have to remember that votes are non-binding and that the American Partisan spin-machines have become so effective that even when office holders blatantly disregard the promises they made on the campaign trail they can still convince their partisan drones (aka the party "base") that the office holder is doing exactly what he/she said he/she would do, nobody in government is accountable anymore thus they don't feel the need to follow through on any of the bullshit promises they make while fooling voters in voting for them again and again.

The only promises they ever keep are to their well-moneyed, well connected cronies and special interest groups, since they're the ones that provide the fuel (money) needed to keep selling their snake oil to the general public.

"The owners of this country know the truth: It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it" -- George Carlin

I voted NOT Hillary with a hope, not an expectation. So it's on record, we already know Trump will not be going after anyone. that leaves his agenda. It's looking like he is favoring RINO's through the fat body from new Jersey who hjmself, is a massive (literally) lib. it's also rumored he (crispy cream) is bringing Boosh and Romney washout in. that being the case, which trump promise will be kept and which will end up like Obama gitmo promise ? I think he will mess with ACA but not kill it, he will pass on Messing with NAFTA, and the wall will end up like dubyas border fence. approved, but never funded. I know it's only a day after, but looking at Trumps staff picks, I'm not to optimistic.
I certainly trust the Bush and Romney people more than the Russian influence agents and alt-right types he had during the campaign.

I voted NOT Hillary with a hope, not an expectation. So it's on record, we already know Trump will not be going after anyone. that leaves his agenda. It's looking like he is favoring RINO's through the fat body from new Jersey who hjmself, is a massive (literally) lib. it's also rumored he (crispy cream) is bringing Boosh and Romney washout in. that being the case, which trump promise will be kept and which will end up like Obama gitmo promise ? I think he will mess with ACA but not kill it, he will pass on Messing with NAFTA, and the wall will end up like dubyas border fence. approved, but never funded. I know it's only a day after, but looking at Trumps staff picks, I'm not to optimistic.
Why don't you wait until his first day in office before you report on what a dismal failure his administration is?

Why don't you wait until his first day in office before you report on what a dismal failure his administration is?

Not saying he will fail. just saying I'm not encouraged by who he is trusting to do all the hireing. I agree, it would be dumb to assume anything about Trump because he will always end up making a person look dumb. but check out potential cabnet guys. It's pretty spooky.

Not saying he will fail. just saying I'm not encouraged by who he is trusting to do all the hireing. I agree, it would be dumb to assume anything about Trump because he will always end up making a person look dumb. but check out potential cabnet guys. It's pretty spooky.
I'm not crazy about the cabinet in office now but you realize he will have to have some experienced people on board who know how it all works.

I'm not crazy about the cabinet in office now but you realize he will have to have some experienced people on board who know how it all works.

I do, and not only how it works, but the whole thing behind trump was that he would drain the swamp and do it different. He campaigned on Hillary killing the 2nd, yet he has Crispy Cream Christy running his transition team. that guy wants an assault weapons ban. His potential AG pick ran his city as a sanctuary city as did Christy. We also have experience Sen. Corker helping with transition, one doesn't get anymore Boosh establishment then that. I do believe all the folks mentioned supported amisty recently or in the past in one for or another. just looking hinky is all.

I think the rule of thumb is , you have to give him 6 months in office before you start making fun of him and pointing out that all his campaign promises were nothing but a load of bullshit.

In the meantime just enjoy watching all the "I'm with Her" Drones lose their fuckin' minds.

Besides as clowntastic as Trump is , he does deserve thanks for :

1. Slaying the aspirations of the Bush Dynasty by beating Jeb in the primaries.
2. Obliterating the Queen of Corruptions hopes of turning the White House into the nexus of the Her and Bills Global Crime Syndicate.

Meh, the Clintons and Bush family will still be power players long after Trump is that mistake we'd all just as soon forget.

I do, and not only how it works, but the whole thing behind trump was that he would drain the swamp and do it different. He campaigned on Hillary killing the 2nd, yet he has Crispy Cream Christy running his transition team. that guy wants an assault weapons ban. His potential AG pick ran his city as a sanctuary city as did Christy. We also have experience Sen. Corker helping with transition, one doesn't get anymore Boosh establishment then that. I do believe all the folks mentioned supported amisty recently or in the past in one for or another. just looking hinky is all.

"amisty" Snicker....

It's too late to realize after the election you got scammed. But there might be hope for you.

I think you are going to see Trump walk back all his racist nonsense... Notice no one is talking about a Wall anymore.

It's fun to watch the Media Talking Heads go rampant with speculation on anything pertaining to the next administration.

Just sit in the back and don't do a lot of talking lib while we clean up your mess not needing one damn vote from Democrats. We have total and complete control, Dem's in congress can suck it!

Payback is a bitch, this is precisely the attitude Obama took in 2008 so reap what you have sewn, what goes around comes around. OMG its been the best November ever

Wow... that "Ride in the back" thing still has you upset. Even though Obama did everything he could to try to get even ONE Republican vote for his plans. He said something that hurt your feelings once.

You see, the thing is, the mess was created by you guys, not us. Obama didn't clean up the mess fast enough and TrumpenFuhrer is going to make it worse.

"amisty" Snicker....

It's too late to realize after the election you got scammed. But there might be hope for you.

I think you are going to see Trump walk back all his racist nonsense... Notice no one is talking about a Wall anymore.
Why is a wall racist?

Just sit in the back and don't do a lot of talking lib while we clean up your mess not needing one damn vote from Democrats. We have total and complete control, Dem's in congress can suck it!

Payback is a bitch, this is precisely the attitude Obama took in 2008 so reap what you have sewn, what goes around comes around. OMG its been the best November ever

Wow... that "Ride in the back" thing still has you upset. Even though Obama did everything he could to try to get even ONE Republican vote for his plans. He said something that hurt your feelings once.

You see, the thing is, the mess was created by you guys, not us. Obama didn't clean up the mess fast enough and TrumpenFuhrer is going to make it worse.

Ahaha we own the House, the Senate, and the White House I think you are very confused over who is upset. :laugh:

Trade and Immigration have been the focus of his campaign, imo.

imo, that is what he will focus his time, energy and political capital on.

Unless the political class unites to stop him AND the people do not support him, I expect that he will follow up nicely on those issues.

Also, NOT fucking with Russia will be easy. THat requires INACTION. No approval from anyone else in government. That will be easy peasy.

THe rest, depends on how hard getting his primary goals met. THe harder that is the less time and energy and political capital he will have to achieve his "lesser" priorities.

Get a clue.

Had one a looooong time ago. Just because you retards were sold on "wall with Mexico" no one else in America did. That's why El Trump was sitting g his pants and saying things like "I'll push for term limets" yet he is already hiring people who scoff at the idea. So how 'bout you get a clue. One that is not supplied to you by Hannity and go head and fuck your self.

You do realize that we already HAVE long stretches of walls and fences along the border NOW, right?

The belief that the US is incapable of extending that, and/or securing the border is a idea who acceptance is based primarily on the vast self interest of the LEft in allowing unchecked illegal immigration.

The "logic" of that argument, has been nothing but the volume at which the various mouth pieces of the LEft have been screaming that out over and over again.

A wall/fence is literally STONE AGE TECHNOLOGY. To say, or even worse to believe that we can't do it, is insane.

Forum List

Back