So They've Relaxed Mask Mandates.....But Only For Vaccinated Folks

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
How can you prevent the spread of a deadly infectious disease on the honor system?

I went to Home Depot Monday and noticed that none of the employees were wearing masks anymore. Same thing yesterday in Walmart. Then I went outside and noticed that the "You must wear a mask to enter the store" has been replaced with "Fully vaccinated can enter without a mask".

So who checks to see if everyone without a mask is fully vaccinated? Is there a sensor on the door that goes off if someone cheats?

This just proves to me that this disease wasn't as much of a threat as they made it out to be. If it was a real pandemic you wouldn't have been allowed to go back to business as usual on the honor system. You wouldn't have had people rioting in the streets last year and this year without having them herded into isolation facilities to keep them from spreading the disease. You wouldn't have states opening up when their governors are caught slamming pizza with more than 6 of their friends in confined spaces...or the president changing mask and social distancing guidelines conveniently because he wants to change the subject from his horrible handling of the economy, the Southern Border, or because he's causing wars in the Middle-East.

The fact remains that most people can't be trusted to do the right thing. (Some more than others) You cannot leave an issue like this to the honor system because the disease is supposedly so deadly. I'm not advocating a vaccine pass or anything like that, but I am stating what should be obvious. Either everyone wears masks or nobody does unless they want to. A mask has never prevented anyone from catching COVID (just ask those who caught it). I just figure that if you know you are sick...wear a mask. If you're not sick....you shouldn't have to wear one. They've been doing it like this in every Asian country I've been to. If they have a cold or the flu many of them still go to work....but they wear a mask.

Links

How can you prevent the spread of a deadly infectious disease on the honor system?

I went to Home Depot Monday and noticed that none of the employees were wearing masks anymore. Same thing yesterday in Walmart. Then I went outside and noticed that the "You must wear a mask to enter the store" has been replaced with "Fully vaccinated can enter without a mask".

So who checks to see if everyone without a mask is fully vaccinated? Is there a sensor on the door that goes off if someone cheats?

This just proves to me that this disease wasn't as much of a threat as they made it out to be. If it was a real pandemic you wouldn't have been allowed to go back to business as usual on the honor system. You wouldn't have had people rioting in the streets last year and this year without having them herded into isolation facilities to keep them from spreading the disease. You wouldn't have states opening up when their governors are caught slamming pizza with more than 6 of their friends in confined spaces...or the president changing mask and social distancing guidelines conveniently because he wants to change the subject from his horrible handling of the economy, the Southern Border, or because he's causing wars in the Middle-Eas
The fact remains that most people can't be trusted to do the right thing. (Some more than others) You cannot leave an issue like this to the honor system because the disease is supposedly so deadly. I'm not advocating a vaccine pass or anything like that, but I am stating what should be obvious. Either everyone wears masks or nobody does unless they want to. A mask has never prevented anyone from catching COVID (just ask those who caught it). I just figure that if you know you are sick...wear a mask. If you're not sick....you shouldn't have to wear one. They've been doing it like this in every Asian country I've been to. If they have a cold or the flu many of them still go to work....but they wear a mask.

Links

I went to United Dairy Farmers (convenience/gasoline store) and they canceled the mask mandate. Nobody behind the counter asked if I got vaccinated and no sign. I refuse to get poisoned.

This just proves to me that this disease wasn't as much of a threat as they made it out to be. If it was a real pandemic you wouldn't have been allowed to go back to business as usual on the honor system. You wouldn't have had people rioting in the streets last year and this year without having them herded into isolation facilities to keep them from spreading the disease. You wouldn't have states opening up when their governors are caught slamming pizza with more than 6 of their friends in confined spaces...or the president changing mask and social distancing guidelines conveniently because he wants to change the subject from his horrible handling of the economy, the Southern Border, or because he's causing wars in the Middle-East.

Links

I'm just a 150 miles away from you, in the same state. Been in HD and Lowes, mostly employees wearing, with many non-employees still honoring the company mandate, (like myself, though vaccinated), though very true, you do not know who is vaccinated or just skipping the mask thing for personal comfort. I will go along, where asked, respecting company's rights to set policy in places of business they own/operate as well as community support of the fight against Covid as a positive support for the community I live in by aiding in setting the example.
Still agree with you. The honor system is not effective, as many dishonorable self interested out there, still open to just taking their chances, some as a political statement.

Links

I'm just a 150 miles away from you, in the same state. Been in HD and Lowes, mostly employees wearing, with many non-employees still honoring the company mandate, (like myself, though vaccinated), though very true, you do not know who is vaccinated or just skipping the mask thing for personal comfort. I will go along, where asked, respecting company's rights to set policy in places of business they own/operate as well as community support of the fight against Covid as a positive support for the community I live in by aiding in setting the example.
Still agree with you. The honor system is not effective, as many dishonorable self interested out there, still open to just taking their chances, some as a political statement.
If the vax works, you have nothing to worry about,....So MYOB, Karen.

Links

You let your body get used as a human Guinea Pig. Are you sane?

Links

If the vax works, you have nothing to worry about,....So MYOB, Karen.
Roger that, just doing it in support of community and business standards where requested. We are wide open here and have been for a couple of months, at least.

It is so pathetic that this has been passed all the way down to the fears and virtue catering of individual business
“To protect our mentally frail fact absent employees a diaper on you face is required for entry”

Links

I must be. I let the army pump crap into me for 20 years, often not usually seen in the civilian medical side. Not very paranoid and always worked out without negative effects lasting more the a few hours or a day. I am healthy as a horse for 67 and often very active in the outdoors in strenuous and/or back country situations, cause that is how my favorite hobbies and pass-times have always leaned. In everything I do and have done I take the best available professional advice and make maximum use of safety equipment and practices. My judgement and evaluative practices have always worked out for me. Back in the day, they worked out best for my troops. Suit yourself.

It is so pathetic that this has been passed all the way down to the fears and virtue catering of individual business
“To protect our mentally frail fact absent employees a diaper on you face is required for entry”
I guess you could just take over private business, change to a command economy and make the rules from the top, although it would be totally UN-American. If you don't want to shop at a store requiring a mask, why don't you just shop somewhere else? Your choice, and far better than whining because you don't like private enterprise business deciding what they want or need to support in their own stores and businesses.

I guess you could just take over private business, change to a command economy and make the rules from the top, although it would be totally UN-American. If you don't want to shop at a store requiring a mask, why don't you just shop somewhere else? Your choice, and far better than whining because you don't like private enterprise business deciding what they want or need to support in their own stores and businesses.
No I dont run away and hide so that lefty lunacy can continue. I identify it and try to change it
We know sheep prefer to be told where they can go and what they can do in order for Others to feel comfortable
I’m a wolf.

No I dont run away and hide so that lefty lunacy can continue. I identify it and try to change it
We know sheep prefer to be told where they can go and what they can do in order for Others to feel comfortable
I’m a wolf.
Sound like an outcast to me. Take it up with those vendors. I like the products I buy from many of them and got no intention of dropping them from my personal supply chain. You do as you want. I don't care where you get the crap you like. Maybe you should buy some stock and take it up at a shareholders meeting. Proclaiming yourself a stakeholder do not give you the same voice and certainly not the same control, especially if vastly outnumbered by people like me, just want what we want, and are willing to put our dollars in the door to get it, regardless of your personal political stance. Guess that means I not only support the constitution, but free enterprise and limited government control, also. I remember when Republicans supported those things. Really wasn't that long ago, definitely within the last 12 years. Ya'll just the new kids on the block. For the record, we're keeping the constitution and free enterprise under private control, whether you like it or not.

Links

I must be. I let the army pump crap into me for 20 years, often not usually seen in the civilian medical side. Not very paranoid and always worked out without negative effects lasting more the a few hours or a day. I am healthy as a horse for 67 and often very active in the outdoors in strenuous and/or back country situations, cause that is how my favorite hobbies and pass-times have always leaned. In everything I do and have done I take the best available professional advice and make maximum use of safety equipment and practices. My judgement and evaluative practices have always worked out for me. Back in the day, they worked out best for my troops. Suit yourself.
You will kill tens of millions and tens of millions more by the time you are done.

Links

You will kill tens of millions and tens of millions more by the time you are done.
I have seen no evidence to suggest that. Wild eyed unfounded claims roll off me like water off a duck.

Links

First of all the masks are nothing but a feel-good measure that prevent nothing and save no one. Secondly I am not vaccinated I am not going to get vaccinated and I walk around with my face showing all over the place proudly.. it's actually good to go into stores and see people's faces again.
I realize that the control freaks are sad to see so many falling out of the control pattern but such is life.

Links

What the anti vax/anti-mask people are risking is poverty.
That can be successfully sued for damages by everyone if they contract Covid and spread it by not wearing a mask.

And all their social media posts can be used against them....

Since most of those sorts of posts are clearly showing a pattern of behavior without regard for their fellow man...the judge is likely to add punitive damages on top of any real damages and possibly directing the DA to include criminal negligence/assault charges on top of all that.

That can be successfully sued for damages by everyone if they contract Covid and spread it by not wearing a mask.

Since most of those sorts of posts are clearly showing a pattern of behavior without regard for their fellow man...the judge is likely to add punitive damages on top of any real damages and possibly directing the DA to include criminal negligence/assault charges on top of all that.
Masks don’t provide protection.
Vaccinated people are still just as susceptible to be infected and to spread the virus. How can anyone be charged or sued?

Masks don’t provide protection.
Vaccinated people are still just as susceptible to be infected and to spread the virus. How can anyone be charged or sued?
And you can have the judge direct your lawyer to explain it to you as you lose your cases in court with that defense.

Or.... maybe just ask a prison guard about the prisoners with HIV attacking them with bodily fluids....and what then happens to the prisoners afterwards.

Can we sue Biden for opening the floodgates at the border allowing thousands of COVID infected illegals to surge thru?

New Topics

Forum List

Back