So the liberals believe the scientists, before they disagree with the scientists, until they agree.

Came across an interesting video clip on the anti-vaccination issue. One thing especially interesting:

Finding support among liberal, well educated communities, despite science showing over and over there's no link between autism and vaccines....so why don't parents believe the scientists? Some of them are convince the government is working with the pharmaceutical industry and just want to sell vaccines.

Interesting, isn't it? Liberals who are ignoring the fact that the science is settled and instead attribute the science to scientists following the money.

Why do liberals reject science in this case, but they rant and scream at the suggestion that funding money could also be influencing the science on global warming? I guess it's that time honored liberal tradition. They were for it before they were against it.

Following which money? Is the global warming money part of a general fund that gets distributed throughout the world? Is that why so many governments are making contingency plans and preparations for global climate change? Everyone is evidently following some imagined money from somewhere.
You dont think scientists get research grants?

Are scientists in Europe and Asia getting research funds from the US government?
Go look at the budgets of all the countries that have institutions that promote research on global warming.

Don't be naive. The people who promote the notion that mankind is forcing climate change are the ones who are getting funds directly from their governments. They will not allow the well to run dry as long as they can keep their governments (and people like you) afraid of what will happen if the temperature goes up a half degree in the next 75 years.

When a politician needs a issue to scare people, they throw dollars around until they find some research discipline willing to manipulate their findings for $$.

Follow the money. Always.

Came across an interesting video clip on the anti-vaccination issue. One thing especially interesting:

Finding support among liberal, well educated communities, despite science showing over and over there's no link between autism and vaccines....so why don't parents believe the scientists? Some of them are convince the government is working with the pharmaceutical industry and just want to sell vaccines.

Interesting, isn't it? Liberals who are ignoring the fact that the science is settled and instead attribute the science to scientists following the money.

Why do liberals reject science in this case, but they rant and scream at the suggestion that funding money could also be influencing the science on global warming? I guess it's that time honored liberal tradition. They were for it before they were against it.

Following which money? Is the global warming money part of a general fund that gets distributed throughout the world? Is that why so many governments are making contingency plans and preparations for global climate change? Everyone is evidently following some imagined money from somewhere.

From Big Oil, yeah, all the time...

Are scientists in Europe and Asia getting research funds from the US government?
Go look at the budgets of all the countries that have institutions that promote research on global warming.

Don't be naive. The people who promote the notion that mankind is forcing climate change are the ones who are getting funds directly from their governments. They will not allow the well to run dry as long as they can keep their governments (and people like you) afraid of what will happen if the temperature goes up a half degree in the next 75 years.

When a politician needs a issue to scare people, they throw dollars around until they find some research discipline willing to manipulate their findings for $$.

So then your theory is that there is some kind of coordinated global conspiracy of scientists and governments. Is that what I'm supposed to believe?

So then your theory is that there is some kind of coordinated global conspiracy of scientists and governments. Is that what I'm supposed to believe?
Oh good god. HAvent you had your ass handed to you enough times today?

I'm sure you'd know more about that than I would.

Handing your ass to you? Yes, I've been doing it all day.
Now STFU.

Handing your ass to you? Yes, I've been doing it all day.
Now STFU.

Thanks for pointing that out, I wouldn't have realized otherwise.

When you learn about human nature, come back and talk to Me. It doesn't have to be coordinated (although if you bother to even read the talking points from YOUR side of the debate, you know, science by consensus?) to be true.

Did you go look up where the funding comes from for all the climate scientists who make these statements? Did you even go look?

When you learn about human nature, come back and talk to Me. It doesn't have to be coordinated (although if you bother to even read the talking points from YOUR side of the debate, you know, science by consensus?) to be true.

Did you go look up where the funding comes from for all the climate scientists who make these statements? Did you even go look?
He was so badly pummelled he had to deflect to something else. In this case doubling down on stupid.
The evidence is pretty clear that scientists adjusted their "research" with the idea of getting grant money, telliing their patrons what they thought they wanted to hear.

I pay as attention to them as The Farmers Almanac..

He was so badly pummelled he had to deflect to something else. In this case doubling down on stupid.
The evidence is pretty clear that scientists adjusted their "research" with the idea of getting grant money, telliing their patrons what they thought they wanted to hear.

It's so hard to tell with all your ill considered arguments being so heavily dependent on personal remarks, shallow platitudes, and childish theories.

I didn't know I had a side. Wow, I feel really important now. As if my opinions of science actually matter.

I didn't know I had a side. Wow, I feel really important now. As if my opinions of science actually matter.
Dont fool yourself. They dont.

Well I'm certainly glad this forum has someone of your qualifications on hand to clarify issues like this. You're doing a real public service, keep up the good work.

Your opinion doesn't matter to anyone but yourself. However, if you wish to denigrate others for having different opinions, it is a good idea to understand what your own opinion is based upon before making statements that can be easily shot down.

Tell Me, will you accept as fact that oil companies do more to protect the environment than any other group? They have science backing them up, and every environmental scientist employed by big oil have a consensus that oil companies ARE doing more for environmental protection than anyone else.

If you don't agree with that, give Me your valid reason why you don't.

So, your opinion on this is based upon nothing more than it makes you feel good, or what harm can there be in trying to change the climate for the good.

Well I'm certainly glad this forum has someone of your qualifications on hand to clarify issues like this. You're doing a real public service, keep up the good work.
Squashing ignorant two bit assholes like you is all in a day's work for me. Thanks.

So, your opinion on this is based upon nothing more than it makes you feel good, or what harm can there be in trying to change the climate for the good.
We humans need to do a better job with controlling our pollution, but the climate of the Earth is a radical

Your opinion doesn't matter to anyone but yourself. However, if you wish to denigrate others for having different opinions, it is a good idea to understand what your own opinion is based upon before making statements that can be easily shot down.

Tell Me, will you accept as fact that oil companies do more to protect the environment than any other group? They have science backing them up, and every environmental scientist employed by big oil have a consensus that oil companies ARE doing more for environmental protection than anyone else.

What will BP do about the oil found at the bottom of the Gulf from their oil spill?

What will BP do about the oil found at the bottom of the Gulf from their oil spill?
Start a thread. Not the question I asked.

Forum List

Back