SO the guy that burned down the FOX Christmas tree

Was let out without bail. He has an arrest record and his family has said he is a danger.

So should the Judge who let him out be held accountable if this guy hurts someone? You cant possibly say the parents of the Kid who shot up a school should be held liable and NOT think this judge should be!!!!

Should the last judge that let him out be held accountable?

Who burns down a tree?

He probably isn't of sound mind. I know in Canada we have a serious issue with mental health and lack of resources (since the Creepy Ones take the brunt of local budgets).

Society has to choose their priorities. I would bet that mental health costs are lower than prison costs. That's just me always assessing cost/benefit.
You are wrong. Canada's all levels gov't is burning money on these homeless/mental health issues, but the money is just not flowing in the affected area.

Anyway, don't get me wrong, I believe some gov't officials encourage social issues than fix social issues.

You haven't been able to incarcerate a homeless person for several decades now. Vagrancy laws are a thing of the past.
If they had Vagrancy laws you would have to deal with Mental Health issues... Mental Health is very expensive...

Was let out without bail. He has an arrest record and his family has said he is a danger.

So should the Judge who let him out be held accountable if this guy hurts someone? You cant possibly say the parents of the Kid who shot up a school should be held liable and NOT think this judge should be!!!!

The judge complied with the fairly new bail laws of NY State.

These new laws are very much pro defendant in the sense that they were supposed to make sure that even poorer people could be free pending trial (on most misdemeanor and some felony cases). That is honestly not a terrible idea. The implementation of the goal is not well thought out, however.

Also, the entire discussion of bail ought to make us confront something. Do we believe in preventive detention? Because If we bemoan some idiot arsonist being free on bail, the bail issue appears to be one of stopping him from doing it again. But bail is supposed to be about the likelihood of a defendant returning to court until the case is decided.

Maybe we need to consider whether or not a judge ought to be given discretion to consider public safety, too. That could be a bad road to travel (like if judges make decisions on factors other than that). Here’s the thing. If the alleged Fox Christmas Tree arsonist does now commit another (maybe more serious) crime, maybe it’s the new bail laws that are to blame.

All part of the Lefts agenda to create violence and chaos.

Forum List

Back