So NY says their cost go down with Obamacare. Ohio says it goes up 55-85 percent.

Don't forget Washington and California. Even the decrease in New York will keep premiums higher than these places.

I am just tho confuthsed

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OCuziBm9Wks]Obama warns of 'glitches' in Obamacare implementation: 'It's hard' - YouTube[/ame]

Those that say it is down only do so when taking in HANDOUTS into account.. those handouts are paid by someone.. namely taxpayers.. and it comes at a great cost.. there is no cost savings in Obamalamacare

Um.. check the date on your link, and the author. It's an op-ed from a year ago, written by a consultant to Romney's campaign.

Here's a disclaimer from your link:
DISCLOSURE: I am an outside adviser to the Romney campaign on health care issues. The opinions contained herein are mine alone, and do not necessarily correspond to those of the campaign.

Um.. check the date on your link, and the author. It's an op-ed from a year ago, written by a consultant to Romney's campaign.

DISCLOSURE: I am an outside adviser to the Romney campaign on health care issues. The opinions contained herein are mine alone, and do not necessarily correspond to those of the campaign.

He probably got it one of those conservative chain emails that they pollute cyber space with.

He probably got it one of those conservative chain emails that they pollute cyber space with.

Dutch ^ prefers the pollution of cyberspace by the emails of the lolberals.

Raise your hand if any of you actually BELIEVE that costs will be going down in NY State?

:lol:

(Raise your hand if you are confirming that you are a gullible moron.)

So? His prediction is the same as what NY/Ca is doing - predicting.

Which is a voodoo at best :D

Um, no...in CA the #s are the ones submitted to be on the exchange, not an estimate.

Raise your hand if any of you actually BELIEVE that costs will be going down in NY State?

Going down?

No.

Not going up as fast? Yeah.

Lowering the number of people clogging up the emergency rooms? Juries still out, but I am hoping..

Going down?

No.

Not going up as fast? Yeah.

Lowering the number of people clogging up the emergency rooms? Juries still out, but I am hoping..

It's like lowering the yearly deficit from a trillion to half a trillion.

The national debt is still massively and dangerously too high, and still growing at an alarming rate, but it's only growing at a smaller alarming rate. So, that must be ok, then.

No.

That's shit.

The rates in NY will not just continue to rise (and it will not be at a lower rate of increase), but the impact of Obamacare is going to wreck the economy of NY and the Union. He is guilty of trying to conduct an illegal national experiment which the Constitution clearly never authorized (despite the incoherent pronouncement of the idiot SCOTUS majority) and which is pre-doomed to failure. The unintended effects of this insane plan is going to hurt us big time.

And meanwhile, we are like fucking zombies. Those rocks and boulders up there are moving. Down. It's a fucking AVALANCHE! It's coming right at us! We see it coming but we refuse to either put on the brakes or get the fuck out of the way.

Last edited:
Barry is just trying to crash the system. Soon, you will all be begging for his charity. Those who don't will be marked as terrorist and exterminated. Enjoy.

NY's Obamacare premiums were subsidized heavily by taxpayers (true in all states).

By "cut", do you mean that they are only going to take half as much from taxpayers to subsidize the payments, as they used to?

I didn't think so.

Welcome to Liberal Land, where a "cut" means most people have to pay more.

Um, no...in CA the #s are the ones submitted to be on the exchange, not an estimate.

which did not even started yet. Voodoo.

New York's only the latest example of rate shock failing to materialize, not the only one.

Premiums drop, coverage expands in Washington's exchange
Despite predictions of rate shocks, most consumers in Washington state will actually see lower premiums and enhanced coverage when they buy insurance through the state's health insurance exchange.

Washington Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler on Tuesday released rates proposed by insurers, including Premera Blue Cross, Lifewise, Group Health Cooperative, BridgeSpan and Molina Health Care of Washington, for health plans they will sell on the state-run online marketplace, called the Washington Health Plan Finder, reported the Spokesman-Review.

And those prices don't include federal subsidies available to consumers, so the premiums that consumers will pay actually will be less than the rates proposed.

"We're pleasantly surprised with the individual rates we've seen so far," Kreidler said. "In many cases, people will get better benefits and pay less--especially if they qualify for subsidies."

Surprisingly low premium rates submitted for Oregon exchange
Insurers that want to sell health plans through Oregon's health insurance exchange have surprised industry experts with lower-than-expected premium rates.

Health Net, Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, LifeWise Health Plan and Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield and other insurance companies all submitted their proposed health plans they intend to sell on the state-run marketplace, called Cover Oregon.

But despite warnings from industry officials and insurance brokers that premium prices would grow by more than 30 percent in Oregon, the rates that the 16 insurers proposed are actually "much more reasonable than some people had been predicting," Gary Claxton, a vice president of the Kaiser Family Foundation, told Reuters.

Update: Oregon officials slash premiums by as much as 35%
Oregon's Insurance commissioner cautioned insurers he wouldn't hesitate to reduce their proposed premium rates if they weren't justified. And Lou Savage followed through with his warning, slashing several rates by as much as 35 percent in one case. . .

But Savage's office cut almost every insurer's premium requests by anywhere from 1.8 percent to 35 percent. At the higher end of the cuts, Savage reduced FamilyCare's rates by 35.1 percent, Trillium Community Health Plan by 32.4 percent, Time Insurance by 28.4 percent and Health Net by 27.5 percent, The Oregonian reported.

And California:
The rates submitted to Covered California for the 2014 individual market ranged from two percent above to 29 percent below the 2013 average premium for small employer plans in California’s most populous regions. This is impressive since the 2014 products include doctor visits, prescriptions, hospital stays and more essential benefits; protecting consumers from the "gimmicks and gotchas" of many insurance policies.

And D.C.
The nearly 300 insurance plans require approval from the D.C. Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking before going on sale through a city-created exchange, but officials say a preliminary look reveals a large range of options at prices consistent with current rates.

“I feel confident based on the preliminary information that the rates are very good,” said Mila Kofman, director of the District of Columbia Health Benefits Exchange. “There is absolutely no rate shock here.”

And Colorado.
A leading Colorado consumer advocacy group has completed a detailed study of new rates to be offered on the state health insurance exchange and found the price ranges to be Goldilocks — “just right.”

The range of rates for sample mid-level insurance plans should deflate worries that expanded benefits and new mandates to cover consumers who are already sick will wildly inflate prices for the public, according to the Colorado Consumer Health Initiative. . .

“Despite doomsday predictions, the state is not seeing ‘rate shock’, so many of the choices will be affordable.”

And Vermont.
After years of anticipation, Vermont became the first state Monday to publish proposed 2014 individual health insurance rates under the federal health law. Despite Republican and insurers’ predictions, there was no “rate shock” in the new premiums, according to the Vermont governor’s office and insurance representatives.

Update: Vermont Health Insurance Exchange - Plan Rates Finalized
The final rate decisions are slightly less than the proposed rates. According to the Green Mountain Care Board, the Vermont rates represent a 4.3% reduction from Blue Cross Blue Shield's proposal and a 5.3% reduction from MVP Health Care's proposed rates.

Forum List

Back