So Is This Guy An Entitled POS That Should Shut Up?

NO ONE is disputing anyone's FREEDOM OF SPEECH. NO ONE!
What many seem to want to forget is that FREEDOM OF SPEECH does NOT mean FREEDOM FROM CONSEQUENCES.
Wow, this is EXACTLY what left wingers tell me when they attack and intimidate and punish people who say something outside of the PC/Identity Politics guidelines.

Absolutely amazing, how similar the two ends of the spectrum can be in their behaviors.

LxsGigr.jpg

The manager made some good points. Sounds like the RWingers want to cancel the guy for speaking his mind. So much for free speech.
And Repubs who say things in sports get treated the same way? On example. Drew Brees..He had to bow to the Prog overlords of the Woke States of America.

Wow, this is EXACTLY what left wingers tell me when they attack and intimidate and punish people who say something outside of the PC/Identity Politics guidelines.

Absolutely amazing, how similar the two ends of the spectrum can be in their behaviors.

LxsGigr.jpg
There is no such thing as authoritarian right. Your post tells me you have no concept of the American "right"

LxsGigr.jpg
That horseshoe in reality has about 80% of its size and weight on the left side.

And Repubs who say things in sports get treated the same way? On example. Drew Brees..He had to bow to the Prog overlords of the Woke States of America.
Did you listen to what he said? He blames politicians on both sides.

Fair answers. I don't agree with any of you, though. The first amendment does not have job restrictions or income guidelines.
This isn't a 1st Amendment issue, it's an employer/employee issue. If his employer is okay with him doing it, he can do it, but the fans don't have to support him, and if the fans don't support a player/manager, the team can suffer. My guess is he's allowed to do it as long as the team doesn't see too much of a profit loss.

As to whether he should shut up, no. Everyone should make their voices heard peacefully, whether people agree with them or not. We do NOT, repeat NOT, want a society that simply silences unpopular views. The only consideration should be when and where we make those voices heard.

Entertainers, celebrities, sports stars, whatever, all have massively overinflated egos. NO ONE says no to them, no one tells them that they shouldn't do something, and everyone around them tells them that they are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

One of the best comedians in history and arguably the best late-night host ever was Johnny Carson. He had a huge audience of faithful followers, he was a Liberal. He knew that his job was to entertain EVERYONE.

LxsGigr.jpg
When have you ever engaged leftwingers with the same anger you show toward trump supporters?

I think the answer is NEVER

Obamacare was sold on something as many Bills passed do. The reality is people who are paying premiums and in other ways have been reamed with massive increases. Which has caused a percentage to stop purchasing insurance. The companies raised the costs of premiums and more. This insurance bill was supposed to reduce the costs of medicine. All of these Bills meant to help people have had a nasty dark side to them, yet they are always sold because of sympathy and compassion is pushed and to not agree makes on the worst person in the world. No Prog shows up to tell us what went wrong. They do the Pontious Pilate Act and wipe their hands of it.
This thread is not about Obama care or your opinion of it.

Your nickel you contribute to his salary doesn't give you a say. Fans can also state their opinions by staying home. They threaten it but then what we end up with is large numbers like we saw with the Super Bowl.

People want entertained more than they want principles. I decided years ago to no longer attend a professional game because the costs are out of control. $25 just to park your car. I haven't attended one in years.
Yeah that 12 dollar can of Bud light beer kinda made me stop going to live pro games. I'll watch on TV.

He's an awesome manager, for some stupid reason the Phillies gave up on him after his first gig as a manager, when he was moving that team in the right direction, then he goes to SF last year, and in his first season, wins over 100 games, and lost to the eventual champs, the Dodgers, in the playoffs.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
As Nike used to say, "Shut up and Play".
The first amendment doesn't say that. Furthermore your stance is hypocritical because if an athlete supports what the right wing wants you're all for them speaking out.

He's an awesome manager, for some stupid reason the Phillies gave up on him after his first gig as a manager, when he was moving that team in the right direction, then he goes to SF last year, and in his first season, wins over 100 games, and lost the eventual champs the Dodgers in the playoffs.
He is that. He wasn't a bad player either.

Forum List

Back