So, is there proof of INTELLIGENT DESIGN?

Like I said before, if you can't see how God has worked in your life, that's on you.
Really? Can you see how God has worked in my life or do you just assume he has?
Without knowing anything about you at all, I can say with 100% certainty he has.
So your certainty is utter devoid of evidence and is based solely on your faith. That is absolutely fine and I'm sure if you knew my charmed history you'd have plenty of opportunities to say "God did that". You might even be 100% certain. I don't come from a place of faith so I look for evidence and, believe me, I have not seen any to convince me.
Not at all. C.S. Lewis explains...

"...when I see a man in a blue uniform going down the street leaving little paper packets at each house, why I suppose that they contain letters? I should reply, "Because whenever he leaves a similar little packet for me I find it does contain a letter." And if he then objected, "But you've never seen all these letters which you think the other people are getting," I should say, "Of course not, and I shouldn't expect to, because they're not addressed to me. I'm explaining the packets I'm not allowed to open by the ones I am allowed to open."

So I know you are being pruned because I know I am being pruned. The only question that remains is are you learning anything from them.

Now do you understand?

Like I said before, if you can't see how God has worked in your life, that's on you.
Without knowing anything about you at all, I can say with 100% certainty he has.
So your certainty is utter devoid of evidence and is based solely on your faith. That is absolutely fine and I'm sure if you knew my charmed history you'd have plenty of opportunities to say "God did that". You might even be 100% certain. I don't come from a place of faith so I look for evidence and, believe me, I have not seen any to convince me.
I'm not trying to convince you. Why should I care if you don't have peace through the storm?

"...when I see a man in a blue uniform going down the street leaving little paper packets at each house, why I suppose that they contain letters? I should reply, "Because whenever he leaves a similar little packet for me I find it does contain a letter." And if he then objected, "But you've never seen all these letters which you think the other people are getting," I should say, "Of course not, and I shouldn't expect to, because they're not addressed to me. I'm explaining the packets I'm not allowed to open by the ones I am allowed to open."

So I know you are being pruned because I know I am being pruned. The only question that remains is are you learning anything from them.

Now do you understand?
I understand what you're saying, I'm just not buying it. What has God given you that you could hold in your hand and could not have gotten any other way?

I'm not trying to convince you. Why should I care if you don't have peace through the storm?
No anonymous internet writer is likely to convince me of anything, they best they might do is point out something I may have missed.

How can anyone have peace when others are out there in the storm?

Now do you understand?
I understand what you're saying, I'm just not buying it. What has God given you that you could hold in your hand and could not have gotten any other way?
Meaning.

No anonymous internet writer is likely to convince me of anything, they best they might do is point out something I may have missed.

That's good because I'm not trying to convince you. I thought I already made that clear.

I'm sure you imagine yourself a great humanitarian. What is it you are trying to convince me of exactly?

Now do you understand?
Meaning.
What was your letter?

That's good because I'm not trying to convince you. I thought I already made that clear.

I'm sure you imagine yourself a great humanitarian. What is it you are trying to convince me of exactly?
Not a thing. No anonymous internet writer is likely to convince you of anything, the best they might do is point out something you may have missed.

I'm not a great humanitarian but I do realize there are people in great pain and that world is not what I'd like it to be.

Now do you understand?
Meaning.
What was your letter?
My entire life experiences.

Not a thing. No anonymous internet writer is likely to convince you of anything, the best they might do is point out something you may have missed.

I'm not a great humanitarian but I do realize there are people in great pain and that world is not what I'd like it to be.
And because SOME people suffer SOME of the time existence isn't overwhelmingly good? Seems like a false measure to me. The reason all living things are hardwired to fight to survive is because life is amazing. Life is rare. Life is a gift. Suffering serves a purpose.

The world is never going to be what you want it to be. It is human nature to push happiness beyond the cognitive horizon.

And because SOME people suffer SOME of the time existence isn't overwhelmingly good? Seems like a false measure to me. The reason all living things are hardwired to fight to survive is because life is amazing. Life is rare. Life is a gift. Suffering serves a purpose.

The world is never going to be what you want it to be. It is human nature to push happiness beyond the cognitive horizon.
No, it is because ALL people suffer SOME of the time and SOME people suffer ALL of the time that I don't see the glass as completely full.

No, it is because ALL people suffer SOME of the time and SOME people suffer ALL of the time that I don't see the glass as completely full.
If it was that you didn't see the glass as completely full, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Good question! You're up, dingbat. :popcorn:
Through the tests you have faced, Taz.
Meaning that the car accident that I was in was God's fault?
Not unless you want to be stupid about it.
What does that mean? :wtf:
It means that you aren't serious and can't be serious.

That or you are truly stupid.
So what kind of test proves god?
The tests aren't to prove God, Taz.
You said god works in my life through tests, what tests?
The hard ones. The ones that are not pleasant for you.
How do you know they come from god?

Forum List

Back