So if a private business owner says one has to be vaxxed to work there

Do you mean the employer can't fire them? Sure they can. Any time for any reason (beyond the "protected classes" horseshit, which should be eliminated).

It's funny how, now that it suits them, Republicans are happy to hide behind the "labor law" and phony "civil rights" crap.
It’s a big big liberal myth that “private” means the party can do what they wish with no cause shown.
It’s kinda like the math that libs can’t comprehend either.
Private property, private business-all have to follow rules and laws and Never can do absolutely what they want because they are “private”

Masterpiece Cakeshop would be the first one that comes to mind but the right has been stating this for a long time.
Most of the people that oppose these rights issues are simply not in touch with the real world. They are living in a mid 20th century dream of gays hiding in the closet, women barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen, and blacks in the cotton fields where they belong.

Since when?
An employer can change qualifications for employment anytime. They can make masks, vaccines, dress codes, funny green hats, and most of anything else mandatory as long as they do not violate state and federal goverment employment laws or employment contracts.

An employer can change qualifications for employment anytime. They can make masks, vaccines, dress codes, funny green hats, and most of anything else mandatory as long as they do not violate state and federal goverment employment laws or employment contracts.
Yeppp....

They can even change locations to other countries or states and either you move to the new location or quit...your choice.

It’s a big big liberal myth that “private” means the party can do what they wish with no cause shown.
It’s kinda like the math that libs can’t comprehend either.
Private property, private business-all have to follow rules and laws and Never can do absolutely what they want because they are “private”
Absolutely true.

There is no law or rule that makes it illegal to fire someone based on vaccination status.

That's no myth. It's the basic premise of liberty. As a default, we don't have to justify our actions to the government. We don't need "cause".
You keep griping about libs - but you sound exactly like one. These are all the same excuses they trot out when the want big government to intervene.

Most of the people that oppose these rights issues are simply not in touch with the real world. They are living in a mid 20th century dream of gays hiding in the closet, women barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen, and blacks in the cotton fields where they belong.
These aren't "rights" issues. None of it. It's just government bullying.

Trumpsters don't have a "right" to a job free of vaccination requirements.
Trump doesn't have a "right" to force Twitter to accommodate his trolling.
Gays don't have a "right" to force bakers to make them wedding cakes.

Do you mean the employer can't fire them? Sure they can. Any time for any reason (beyond the "protected classes" horseshit, which should be eliminated).

It's funny how, now that it suits them, Republicans are happy to hide behind the "labor law" and phony "civil rights" crap.

No, labor law protect extends way beyond the few listed protected groups.
And it is obviously wrong for employers to arbitrarily fire.
We need a lot more labor protection laws.
Nor is there any basis for firing over vaccinations since the vaccinations do not prevent infection or spread.
They provide no advantage to the employer.

Partially correct.

Yes, religious and medical exemptions apply but you can ask employees if they are seeking an exemption. You can also ask that their medical exemption be supported by documentation from a medical professional.

The people in the lawsuit mentioned were not seeking a medical or religious exemption. They were challenging the policy full stop.

I’ve had discussions with lawyers about this. It’s legal.

No its not legal, because the vax does not provide any advantage to the employer, since the vaxxed can still get infected and still pass it along.
Lawyers usually do not know what it theoretically right or wrong, but instead just how judges are likely to rule.
And that is whole point of being progressive to me, to force judges to finally start getting things right.
They are doing most things wrong currently, like the War On Drugs, mandated sentences, 3 strikes, asset forfeiture, and all sorts of illegal thing the courts are doing now.

In my private business, I will not serve Biden voters. I say right up front...sign on the door. Biden voters SWIPE LEFT.

No its not legal, because the vax does not provide any advantage to the employer, since the vaxxed can still get infected and still pass it along.
Lawyers usually do not know what it theoretically right or wrong, but instead just how judges are likely to rule.
And that is whole point of being progressive to me, to force judges to finally start getting things right.
They are doing most things wrong currently, like the War On Drugs, mandated sentences, 3 strikes, asset forfeiture, and all sorts of illegal thing the courts are doing now.
I’m not aware of any law that states a work requirement has to provide an advantage to the employer.

Furthermore, simply that the vaccine is not 100% effective does not mean it wouldn’t provide an advantage in the first place.

These aren't "rights" issues. None of it. It's just government bullying.

Trumpsters don't have a "right" to a job free of vaccination requirements.
Trump doesn't have a "right" to force Twitter to accommodate his trolling.
Gays don't have a "right" to force bakers to make them wedding cakes.

Yes they are rights.
If you are open for business to the public, then you can't discriminate.
It can and does harm others for no reason.
Vaccine resistance has nothing to do with Trump since he supports them, and you do have a right to be free of vaccine requirements since they do not hep anyone else.
Twitter does have to tolerate Trumps nonsense because 99% of Twitter is just nonsense, and the internet is a public facility Twitter is not paying for.
Gays most certainly do have a right to force bakers to make them wedding cakes, or else the bakers should not claim to be open to the public as they did when they applied for the commercial license.

I’m not aware of any law that states a work requirement has to provide an advantage to the employer.

Furthermore, simply that the vaccine is not 100% effective does not mean it wouldn’t provide an advantage in the first place.

Its basic law.
You can NEVER force anything on anyone else unless there is some over riding need to serve the rights of others.
Even violating privacy by asking a person if they are vaccinated is inherently illegal unless you can show some reason why it is justified.
Its political personal opinion, just like asking someone who they voted for.

These mRNA vaccines are rapidly loosing all effectiveness because they did not use a whole virus in the vaccines.
They are dropping in effectiveness so quickly, that they likely will be useless within a year.
These mRNA vaccines likely are not being stored in T-cell memory, but simply produce transient antibodies that go away.
And since all vaccines also have negatives, you can not then say they for sure have an advantage.
I am not sure what the consensus is in the medical field, but unlike what the CDC, politicians, and media are saying, I think more than half the medical community are extremely unhappy with these mRNA vaccines for covid.
They are not well done and do not follow the science.

Its basic law.
You can NEVER force anything on anyone else unless there is some over riding need to serve the rights of others.
Even violating privacy by asking a person if they are vaccinated is inherently illegal unless you can show some reason why it is justified.
Its political personal opinion, just like asking someone who they voted for.

These mRNA vaccines are rapidly loosing all effectiveness because they did not use a whole virus in the vaccines.
They are dropping in effectiveness so quickly, that they likely will be useless within a year.
These mRNA vaccines likely are not being stored in T-cell memory, but simply produce transient antibodies that go away.
And since all vaccines also have negatives, you can not then say they for sure have an advantage.
I am not sure what the consensus is in the medical field, but unlike what the CDC, politicians, and media are saying, I think more than half the medical community are extremely unhappy with these mRNA vaccines for covid.
They are not well done and do not follow the science.
Because you're not forcing something on anyone. You're making it a condition of their employment. The employee is not obligated to remain employed, therefore you're not infringing on their rights.

Also, merely asking someone about their health information is not a violation of rights.

The consensus in the medical community I'm a part of is that the vaccines are working as well as we could hope. The severe cases of COVID we are seeing are among the the unvaccinated with VERY rare exceptions in individuals we would expect to not have a robust immune response from any vaccine (transplanted individuals for example). We are following the science very closely. It's nice with personal experience reinforces the conclusions of these studies.

Our local REPUBLICAN Congressman actually set all my employees and myself up for vaccinations. And they JUMPED at the chance

No, labor law protect extends way beyond the few listed protected groups.
And it is obviously wrong for employers to arbitrarily fire.
We need a lot more labor protection laws.
Nor is there any basis for firing over vaccinations since the vaccinations do not prevent infection or spread.
They provide no advantage to the employer.
Couldn't disagree more. Government should stay out of it.

Yes they are right.
As "rights" they are more accurately stated as "the right to force someone to bake you a cake" or "the right to force Twitter to let you post". I still have hope that reasonable people will draw the line on this kind of stupidity.

Because you're not forcing something on anyone. You're making it a condition of their employment. The employee is not obligated to remain employed, therefore you're not infringing on their rights.

Also, merely asking someone about their health information is not a violation of rights.

The consensus in the medical community I'm a part of is that the vaccines are working as well as we could hope. The severe cases of COVID we are seeing are among the the unvaccinated with VERY rare exceptions in individuals we would expect to not have a robust immune response from any vaccine (transplanted individuals for example). We are following the science very closely. It's nice with personal experience reinforces the conclusions of these studies.

Making something conditional on their being able to afford to economically survive is extortion.
It can only legally be done if absolutely necessary.
For example, an employer can not demand a pregnant employee get an abortion, since the 2 months or so time loss does not warrant firing.

Asking someone about their health information is not a violation of rights, but firing them if they prefer not to say, most definitely IS a violation of rights.
It would only be legal if the health condition effected the company in some significant way.
And vaccinations do not.

And you are ignorant of what the medical community thinks of these experimental vaccines.
Most doctors and nurses I talk to think they are incredibly stupid or dangerous.
And you have this backwards.
Since the only severe cases causing death are when the immune system over reacts with a cytokine storm, a person with an organ transplant who is taking immuno-suppressants, is the least likely to die and should be at no risk at all from covid-19.

You have not shown you have really thought about the implications of these mRNA vaccines at all.
For example, since they only contain spike proteins, then what happens if they teach the immune system to attack all spike proteins, such as the spike protein our own exosomes use?

Forum List

Back