So I recently got a FOID Card.

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
Not that I actually want to buy a gun... but I just wanted to see how easy it was to get.

Because I've heard the usual mewling from the Ammosexuals on this board screaming about how Illinois has the "Strictest gun laws in the nation!" and I wanted to see how strict they were.

I mean, they couldn't have been that strict if Robert Crimo AKA "Awake the Rapper" AKA the Highland Park shooter, was able to get one, and mow down seven people just trying to enjoy a nice parade. So I was curious.

So here's what happened.

I filled out a form.
I paid $11.00.
30 days later, I got my FOID Card, which means I can go into any store I want and buy a gun.

Now, obviously, I have no criminal record, am an honorably discharged veteran and have never been treated for a mental illness, so there's no reason why they SHOULD have denied me.

But man, I can't imagine they did a very thorough check for $11.00. I mean it must have cost at least $2.00 to make and mail the card.

Now I compare that to when I applied for my current job in 2020, or when I got my home loan in 2021. Those actually WERE Thorough background checks. They even found discrepancies that I wasn't aware of (and quickly got cleared up.) I should point out that my job happened because a manager there recommended me, and the bank that gave me my home loan had been doing business with me for 20 years. So neither was dealing with a stranger, but they STILL did the work.

Not that I actually want to buy a gun... but I just wanted to see how easy it was to get.

Because I've heard the usual mewling from the Ammosexuals on this board screaming about how Illinois has the "Strictest gun laws in the nation!" and I wanted to see how strict they were.

I mean, they couldn't have been that strict if Robert Crimo AKA "Awake the Rapper" AKA the Highland Park shooter, was able to get one, and mow down seven people just trying to enjoy a nice parade. So I was curious.

So here's what happened.

I filled out a form.
I paid $11.00.
30 days later, I got my FOID Card, which means I can go into any store I want and buy a gun.

Now, obviously, I have no criminal record, am an honorably discharged veteran and have never been treated for a mental illness, so there's no reason why they SHOULD have denied me.

But man, I can't imagine they did a very thorough check for $11.00. I mean it must have cost at least $2.00 to make and mail the card.

Now I compare that to when I applied for my current job in 2020, or when I got my home loan in 2021. Those actually WERE Thorough background checks. They even found discrepancies that I wasn't aware of (and quickly got cleared up.) I should point out that my job happened because a manager there recommended me, and the bank that gave me my home loan had been doing business with me for 20 years. So neither was dealing with a stranger, but they STILL did the work.

After you've been busted lying over and over and over again to the USMB forum, do really think anyone should believe your farcical bullshit?

So here's what happened.

I filled out a form.
I paid $11.00.

Any dealer will still run a BG check on you so you paid 11 bucks for nothing.

If you say so. The courts say otherwise.

The courts have said a lot of stupid things, and that's the problem with letting the courts make laws. The finding that there was a right to unlimited gun ownership hiding in the Militia Amendment wasn't determined until 2010. That is just as silly as finding a right to an abortion in the 14th Amendment 100 years after it was passed.

Any dealer will still run a BG check on you so you paid 11 bucks for nothing.

If it's the same background check Awake the Rapper went through, I'm really not that worried.

Well, about my ability to get a gun. I worry all the time about the next guy who hears voices in his head getting a gun.

It has gotten better in illinois since they went to the electronic online portal.

I sent a paper app in 2020. Never showed up. Electronic was about 45 days, but it came.

The failure I see here is that We The People have allowed government to be our Rights Nanny so that we have to go to the government to beg for a FOID card (or whatever) to get their permission to exercise a Constitutional Right.

That's on We The People and we've left the gate wide open to tyranny
It won't end well.

The courts have said a lot of stupid things, and that's the problem with letting the courts make laws. The finding that there was a right to unlimited gun ownership hiding in the Militia Amendment wasn't determined until 2010. That is just as silly as finding a right to an abortion in the 14th Amendment 100 years after it was passed.

If it's the same background check Awake the Rapper went through, I'm really not that worried.

Well, about my ability to get a gun. I worry all the time about the next guy who hears voices in his head getting a gun.
Yes we know you live in fear all the time.

The failure I see here is that We The People have allowed government to be our Rights Nanny so that we have to go to the government to beg for a FOID card (or whatever) to get their permission to exercise a Constitutional Right.

That's on We The People and we've left the gate wide open to tyranny
Hell it was NRA approved, they even bragged it up.....That's just another reason the NRA can go pound sand....I'll let someone else buy Wayne a new suit.

It has gotten better in illinois since they went to the electronic online portal.

I sent a paper app in 2020. Never showed up. Electronic was about 45 days, but it came.

Uh, no, guy, it shouldn't be that easy to get a gun.

Yes we know you live in fear all the time.

Kind of a healthy response when you make it easy for crazy people to get guns.

A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The right to keep and bear arms was given to the people, not the militia.

You are taking one phrase out of context, without understanding the larger context of the Second and Third Amendments combined specifically to restrict the definition and expanse of militias (and how the British abused them previously.)

The Founders didn't like armed mobs, they liked well-regulated militias. They quickly put down armed insurrections like Shay's Rebellion, the Whiskey Rebellion, and other armed mobs that you guys seem to love.

Uh, no, guy, it shouldn't be that easy to get a gun.

Kind of a healthy response when you make it easy for crazy people to get guns.

You are taking one phrase out of context, without understanding the larger context of the Second and Third Amendments combined specifically to restrict the definition and expanse of militias (and how the British abused them previously.)

The Founders didn't like armed mobs, they liked well-regulated militias. They quickly put down armed insurrections like Shay's Rebellion, the Whiskey Rebellion, and other armed mobs that you guys seem to love.
I don't fear other people getting guns.

Joe....you need to up your fear of and attack on knives.....you're slacking​

(If you take all the guns, they'll use knives.....take all the knives they'll use vehicles....take all the vehicles they'll use baseball bats....etc etc etc)

Police Search for Suspects After Deadly Knife Attack in Canada​

At least 10 people are dead after a series of stabbings across 13 crime scenes. Police said the two men were likely in Regina, south of the Indigenous reservation where the first assault happened.
Published Sept. 4, 2022
Updated Sept. 7, 2022

Forum List

Back