So I ordered me a gun last night.

Crixus

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2015
BFE Texas.
My AR is really beat up and is in need of a serious rebuild and refit so she is in drydock for awhile. Seems I shot most of the chrome out of the barrel. Anyway, I went with something a bit more mundane for my new general purpose rifle.

45439346-CDD9-415E-B58D-55196110A09E.jpeg

Not fancy, mag dumps will be boring, but it will do. The sights suck ass so I will put this one or one like it on there

71A24FCF-9638-42C8-B54F-0E75561805A1.jpeg

Oh, also got a brass bead for the front. Caliber will be .45 Colt. Been meaning to do that one for years.

My AR is really beat up and is in need of a serious rebuild and refit so she is in drydock for awhile. Seems I shot most of the chrome out of the barrel. Anyway, I went with something a bit more mundane for my new general purpose rifle.

View attachment 219656

Not fancy, mag dumps will be boring, but it will do. The sights suck ass so I will put this one or one like it on there

View attachment 219659
/——/ jealous of family and friends down in the Carolinas who can buy, sell and shoot freely. In the People’s Republic of New York it’s extremely difficult to have anything more than a scatter gun.

View attachment 219656

View attachment 219659
/——/ jealous of family and friends down in the Carolinas who can buy, sell and shoot freely. In the People’s Republic of New York it’s extremely difficult to have anything more than a scatter gun.

Come here, look me up and we shal blow fist size holes in shit with my new punkin chucker.

View attachment 219656

View attachment 219659
Now all you need is a bump stock for it!

View attachment 219656

View attachment 219659
Now all you need is a bump stock for it!

I got dies instead. Fun little fun though. Shot up a bunch of cowboy action type loads. Thing is a real nice shooter. May try a hog with it here soon.

I'm wondering if that's a Marlin 336, not really familiar with the pistol cal. levers other than the Henry rifles. I'm wondering if you have a specific purpose in mind... I'm sure a .45CL out of a long barrel like that would make a nice brush deer rifle... Congrats on your rifle btw!

I don't understand the fascination with lever rifles. Difficult to shoot from prone, dangerous tube mag, and worst of all they hurt. The centrefire one I tried hurt to open the lever, hurt to close the lever, hurt to squeeze the trigger, hurt on recoil. Admittedly it may have been a Winchester. You can call me a nut but I'm stuck on bolts.

I don't understand the fascination with lever rifles. Difficult to shoot from prone, dangerous tube mag, and worst of all they hurt. The centrefire one I tried hurt to open the lever, hurt to close the lever, hurt to squeeze the trigger, hurt on recoil. Admittedly it may have been a Winchester. You can call me a nut but I'm stuck on bolts.
U should take it up in 'General Discussion' you'll see my OP post there. Lots of great advice esp. for something as basic as what U're presenting... Lots of advancements on levers, for instance, Hornady Leverevolution cartridges. If' U want to delve in, put something up on this thread... Guns guns & more guns - reviews & news from USMB members' sage wisdom & time tested experiences...

But I commented on the style of rifle purchased here on this thread. My points have not been addressed.

That's a nice-looking gun. I've never owned a levergun.

I know to get a Marlin, though.

Last edited:

Not difficult at all, you just need to learn how to do it correctly. As far as hurting go's, I think it is once again operator error. Leverguns are quick, accurate, and when chambered in handgun calibers are very docile.

Not difficult at all, you just need to learn how to do it correctly.
So, not easy, then. I'm sure there's a word for that.

Yes, when you do it correctly it is easy. In the prone position you tilt the rifle to the side and the ever operates quite easily, then you rotate it back down and you get your second shot off much quicker than with a bolt gun. Marlins are far superior to Winchesters, but both are quite handy.

View attachment 219656

View attachment 219659

Nothing boring about a lever rifle.

Forum List

Back