So.. how much did your taxes go up this year??

DiamondDave

Army Vet
Jun 30, 2008
MD, on the Potomac River
Wife and I, almost 6K more income this year... >3K more in taxes owed between state and federal

Yep.. the promise of the tax increases not effecting the working people is a crock of shit

What is everyone else seeing with theirs??

Last edited:
Wife and I, almost 6K more income this year... >3K more in taxes owed between state and federal

Yep.. the promise of the tax increases not effecting the working people is a crock of shit

What was the cause of your increase? Specifically.

Local taxes, increase of ~400.. State taxes, increase of $800, higher rate... Federal taxes are the rest.. looks like rate increase as well except for about $700 less in deductions this year (less mortgage interest).. though I did get $300 credit for energy efficient furnace being installed.. also additional medicare tax of 0.9% on income over 2000K

I have not delved in yet as to the particulars.
We made about $1200 less than 2012, but paid just over $1000 more in taxes.
Same here - obviously something is very different.
State taxes made up about $400 of that $1000.

Local taxes, increase of ~400.. State taxes, increase of $800, higher rate... Federal taxes are the rest.. looks like rate increase as well except for about $700 less in deductions this year (less mortgage interest).. though I did get $300 credit for energy efficient furnace being installed.. also additional medicare tax of 0.9% on income over 2000K

You are claiming you had joint income of 2 million dollars and paid 3k more in taxes and want people to feel sorry for you? Fuck you.

You are claiming you had joint income of 2 million dollars and paid 3k more in taxes and want people to feel sorry for you? Fuck you.

I honestly think he accidentally added an extra zero.

typo

Fuck off, progressive nitwit troll

And i personally do not care if someone's income was 2M or 20K.. if there was a 6K increase and more than 1/2 of that increase went to taxes, it is bullshit

And i personally do not care if someone's income was 2M or 20K.. if there was a 6K increase and more than 1/2 of that increase went to taxes, it is bullshit

I do notice that you had no qualms about accepting that $300 tax credit. Guess you probably won't get that credit next year. Point is, there are all kinds of things that make a person's tax situation different from one year to the next. Simply saying that you had $6,000 more income and $3,000 went to taxes does not really tell us anything meaningful to your tax situation last year, and your tax situation this year.

Despite Zeke's juvenile outburst and his mathematical inaccuracy, he does actually have a point. You're over $200,000 in income, and complaining about a $3,000 increase in your gross taxes this year. That's less than .02% of your income. Your difference in tax this year is because you have a different tax situation this year from last year, and while that might be somewhat unfortunate for you, you're not exactly going to starve either. Your problem kinda goes at the bottom of the list of problems facing our country.

I do notice that you had no qualms about accepting that $300 tax credit. Guess you probably won't get that credit next year. Point is, there are all kinds of things that make a person's tax situation different from one year to the next. Simply saying that you had $6,000 more income and $3,000 went to taxes does not really tell us anything meaningful to your tax situation last year, and your tax situation this year.

Despite Zeke's juvenile outburst and his mathematical inaccuracy, he does actually have a point. You're over $200,000 in income, and complaining about a $3,000 increase in your gross taxes this year. That's less than .02% of your income. Your difference in tax this year is because you have a different tax situation this year from last year, and while that might be somewhat unfortunate for you, you're not exactly going to starve either. Your problem kinda goes at the bottom of the list of problems facing our country.

I will take under law what I can... as there are many who do not pay at all... All the while I still support a no exemption, no exception, no ceiling, no floor flat income tax on every dollar earned by every citizen..

I still paid the tax as last year.. the increased wages were taxed at OVER a 50% rate.. NOBODY should be taxed on any income that much

Unequal treatment in taxation and government overspending are indeed the most pressing problems in this country today

I don't believe that the OP earns more than 200k per year.

That said.....the idea that you have been taxed 50% on your additional income of 6k is ludicrous.

Yeah, because people who earn more than you do should care less about an increase in taxes.

I imagine if you were paying 3000 more, the problem would be right up at the top of the list. But since his taxes fund your sedentary leech lifestyle, I can see why you are motivated to maintain the status quo.

I don't believe that the OP earns more than 200k per year.

That said.....the idea that you have been taxed 50% on your additional income of 6k is ludicrous.

The people of no income speaketh.

How dare you complain, cash cow!

Forum List

Back