So, Do Democrats REALLY Oppose HydroxyChloroquine Only Because Trump Supports Using It? Seems So.....

Can Hydroxychloroquine save lives?

• No, it is snake oil

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Yes, and the goobermint should not intrude on doctor patient choices

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • I dunno, whose playing tonight?

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
Cocktails of various types are working..........and it appears to me that it has 1. Malaria drug ....to get in the zinc..........2. Anti biotics to stop the infections later.........and 3. zinc which now seems to kill the virus.........
We used to get a lot of zinc naturally in our foods, but now it gets cooked out, and you have to take a food supplement to get it.
And there are doctors out there who aren't in bed with pharma saying that might be a path forward.........but dare you say vitamins to the rescue............that WOULD BE ILLEGAL........Only PHARMA knows what is best for you........Now give me your wallet..........LOL

Quinine...........hint hint.....cures other diseases and can treat Malaria..........Found in TONIC DRINKS......at low levels too........LOL
It doesn't cure other diseases.

From what I understand is it is an inhibitor.... it stops your body from creating antibodies against the virus.... when your body has gone in to overdrive, and is creating too many....which screws things up in your body.... by reducing or killing your antibodies overproduction, allows these other drugs and treatments given, to work... hopefully.

Rigby, earlier in this thread, posted links on it....read them....

Timing of using the drug is critical as well.
And......I've read many.........posted possible solutions from many sources.

I don't understand your major malfunction here.

WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU PROPOSING.......Doctors are PRESCRIBING TREATMENT......we aren't.

And some are using different methods.
What I am suggesting, is let the 4000 doses given in the trial groups decide if it is working or not. Determine the dosage, determine the timing, determine the number of days to take it, determine the cocktail of drugs to use with it, and determine the side effects and risks of the cocktail....

From your linked articles, these are only TRIALS, of which Democrats FULLY support... it is scientific trials where the drug is being used.

Its potential side effects include everything from fatal heart arrhythmia to vision loss, ear-ringing, vomiting, mood changes, skin rashes and hair loss.

Health officials are treading cautiously, saying they don’t anticipate hydroxychloroquine will be a “miracle drug” against the coronavirus — but the studies are worth the gamble.

------------

The federal Food and Drug Administration granted emergency-use authorization to use hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19 patients amid the pandemic.

There has been anecdotal evidence — including from China — that the drug helps patients clear the virus sooner.

But Dr. Anthony Fauci of the National Institutes of Health, asked recently whether the drug was considered a treatment for the novel coronavirus, said, “The answer is no … The evidence that you’re talking about … is anecdotal evidence.”
And in the meantime............don't give the cocktails and let the people die.

I showed the trials for the study.........not you....

We DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS BS......

If the trials.........THAT I LINKED DON'T WORK........then we try again.

|All over the world there are success stories using these cocktails........they are in FACT TRIALS BY FIRE.

You would let people die because of politics..........I THOUGHT BETTER OF YOU.

Cocktails of various types are working..........and it appears to me that it has 1. Malaria drug ....to get in the zinc..........2. Anti biotics to stop the infections later.........and 3. zinc which now seems to kill the virus.........
We used to get a lot of zinc naturally in our foods, but now it gets cooked out, and you have to take a food supplement to get it.
And there are doctors out there who aren't in bed with pharma saying that might be a path forward.........but dare you say vitamins to the rescue............that WOULD BE ILLEGAL........Only PHARMA knows what is best for you........Now give me your wallet..........LOL

Quinine...........hint hint.....cures other diseases and can treat Malaria..........Found in TONIC DRINKS......at low levels too........LOL
It doesn't cure other diseases.

From what I understand is it is an inhibitor.... it stops your body from creating antibodies against the virus.... when your body has gone in to overdrive, and is creating too many....which screws things up in your body.... by reducing or killing your antibodies overproduction, allows these other drugs and treatments given, to work... hopefully.

Rigby, earlier in this thread, posted links on it....read them....

Timing of using the drug is critical as well.
And......I've read many.........posted possible solutions from many sources.

I don't understand your major malfunction here.

WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU PROPOSING.......Doctors are PRESCRIBING TREATMENT......we aren't.

And some are using different methods.
What I am suggesting, is let the 4000 doses given in the trial groups decide if it is working or not. Determine the dosage, determine the timing, determine the number of days to take it, determine the cocktail of drugs to use with it, and determine the side effects and risks of the cocktail....

From your linked articles, these are only TRIALS, of which Democrats FULLY support... it is scientific trials where the drug is being used.

Its potential side effects include everything from fatal heart arrhythmia to vision loss, ear-ringing, vomiting, mood changes, skin rashes and hair loss.

Health officials are treading cautiously, saying they don’t anticipate hydroxychloroquine will be a “miracle drug” against the coronavirus — but the studies are worth the gamble.

------------

The federal Food and Drug Administration granted emergency-use authorization to use hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19 patients amid the pandemic.

There has been anecdotal evidence — including from China — that the drug helps patients clear the virus sooner.

But Dr. Anthony Fauci of the National Institutes of Health, asked recently whether the drug was considered a treatment for the novel coronavirus, said, “The answer is no … The evidence that you’re talking about … is anecdotal evidence.”
You are free to hold all the clinical trials you want with willing volunteers.
Make sure the results are politicized!
Fauchi still has his head in Hillary's muff...hard to hear what he's saying.

Jo

What solutions are the libs here showing.........ANYTHING....

Except......how dare you put up data .......I'LL TRUST MY DOCTOR...........

Where is the solutions from the left here..........WHERE IS IT............

The whole world is trying solutions to this crisis........and most are some form of Malaria drug in the cocktail...................

WHAT SOLUTION IF ANY DOES THE LEFT HERE PROPOSE..............BACK IT UP.
All the same, you do what you want to do, I am going to follow my doctors advice.

The whole world is trying solutions to this crisis........and most are some form of Malaria drug in the cocktail...................

All the same, you do what you want to do, I am going to follow my doctors advice.
Where have i said different.......don't lump me in with the Liberal BS bro.

No opposes it if was trialed properly and proven to be efficient. Trump isn't a doctor or research scientist.

Meanwhile people with lupus who use this drug to treat their condition are facing a shortage due to kool-aid drinkers hoarding it.
Correct. No one is opposed to the use of this or any other potentially helpful drug' The "Democrats are opposed..." lie is a Trump defensive talking point. Some people, many actually, both Democrat, Republican, and non-affiliated people want any of these drugs tested and studied as all drugs are tested and studied for specific illnesses. Otherwise, we risk harming people and or spending huge sums of money on snake oil. Our anti-science Trumper community is willing to gamble on harming people and wasting huge sums of money.

So just to be clear. You don't think this drug cocktail should be available NOW, for sick COVID patients NOW, until it's "tested and studied". Correct?
It is available and being studied while being used. As part of a study, certain protocols are followed which ensure safety for the patient. Currently, patients are given a small dose on admission and various data on the patients is carefully watched, especially the effect on heart functions. All this data is entered into a database for the studies. By following restrictions and protocols the chance of harm or death to a patient is greatly reduced.

Not what I asked. Since you're so concerned, YOU wouldn't take it. Correct?
Because I have a history of a heart condition, not without knowing my heart doctor was closely monitoring my condition and functions while on the medication. I would be a willing participant in the formal studies.

Okay now we're getting somewhere. So YOU have a heart condition, so you would rightly be concerned. Fair enough. But do you really think it's fair to withhold this medication from tons of people facing a serious disease if they don't have a heart condition--especially if their dr and they are aware the drug can cause a Q wave problem, and they're willing to take the chance?
I have not seen evidence these drugs are being withheld. I have seen the exact opposite. The drugs are being used under restricted supervision as per a "study". If doctors are being denied the choice of using these drugs I would like to see the evidence. I understand some doctors are opposed to using these drugs, but isn't the use of these drugs a decision made by patient and doctor?
yes they are very concerned that other people might get better from the use of the drugs that would not work well for them.

Jo

I thought you were being sarcastic with this statement.

No offense.
It's hard to believe that these libs are so far gone as to HATE a drug that is doing good all over the world.

They HATE TRUMP so bad that it carries over........Hell some Governors even banned the drug temporarily.

INSANITY.

I thought you were being sarcastic with this statement.

No offense.
It's hard to believe that these libs are so far gone as to HATE a drug that is doing good all over the world.

They HATE TRUMP so bad that it carries over........Hell some Governors even banned the drug temporarily.

INSANITY.
No Governor has banned the drug. You are a brainwashed fool spreading dangerous misinformation. Several Governors have made restrictions for preventing hoarding.

They are under trials nimrod.

No one is promoting them like snake oil salesmen, because they are still under scientific trials to be certain they work.

No liberal should be allowed even a single dose of any medication he/she/it has denounced. No matter how near death.

Darwin was a saint!

How about...nobody who claimed it was a hoax should be allowed medication?
/——-/ Since no one claimed it was a hoax, your point is moot.

1586446565632.png

This is just unbelievable, but Democrats are slamming on the use of Hydroxychloroquine merely because Trump recommends it, and of course ORANGE MAN BAD!

So The goobernor of Mitchagain and New Yahk restrict the patient doctor relationship to only using it in a hospital setting?

OMG!

Will this wake black voters up about the Dimocrat Death Party (of Abortion) and its very evil core nature?

Of course not.
We do not oppose it. We believe it needs proper trials on its efficacy.

Who does it work best on? 40-50 year olds, 60-70 year olds?

Female vs male?

At what time during the disease...before you're really sick, after you are sick, but before put on a ventilator?

What dosage works best? For what age, what weight? Child vs adult?

Like every other drug, we need to know these things...

Just like we are doing with all the other drugs created by our best and brightest scientists out there now, to combat the disease that are going thru trials, that are showing even greater promise than this drug for malaria....
The drug has been around for 75 years, Care....they kinda have an idea on the dosage and for how long.

I took that stuff my 2d tour in Vietnam. We experienced the side effect of getting infection of minor cuts and scratches. I got my nose scratched on a thorn bush and two days later my nose was swelled three times it's size. I had to go back to base camp for 3 days of treatment. The doctors claimed later that my team was eating way too many pineapples and the citric acid in them was the catalyst for infection.
I’m glad to hear that you are okay. That was years and years ago. What if you don’t know that you have underlying sickness that you are not aware? Like heart or ulcer. They are now selling this medication on EBay ( good lord). Take one or 2 of this meds. What do you think will happen?

This is just unbelievable, but Democrats are slamming on the use of Hydroxychloroquine merely because Trump recommends it, and of course ORANGE MAN BAD!

So The goobernor of Mitchagain and New Yahk restrict the patient doctor relationship to only using it in a hospital setting?

OMG!

Will this wake black voters up about the Dimocrat Death Party (of Abortion) and its very evil core nature?

Of course not.
We do not oppose it. We believe it needs proper trials on its efficacy.

Who does it work best on? 40-50 year olds, 60-70 year olds?

Female vs male?

At what time during the disease...before you're really sick, after you are sick, but before put on a ventilator?

What dosage works best? For what age, what weight? Child vs adult?

Like every other drug, we need to know these things...

Just like we are doing with all the other drugs created by our best and brightest scientists out there now, to combat the disease that are going thru trials, that are showing even greater promise than this drug for malaria....
The drug has been around for 75 years, Care....they kinda have an idea on the dosage and for how long.

I took that stuff my 2d tour in Vietnam. We experienced the side effect of getting infection of minor cuts and scratches. I got my nose scratched on a thorn bush and two days later my nose was swelled three times it's size. I had to go back to base camp for 3 days of treatment. The doctors claimed later that my team was eating way too many pineapples and the citric acid in them was the catalyst for infection.
I’m glad to hear that you are okay. That was years and years ago. What if you don’t know that you have underlying sickness that you are not aware? Like heart or ulcer. They are now selling this medication on EBay ( good lord). Take one or 2 of this meds. What do you think will happen?
You do realize that there isn't a soul on here that is saying that we should all self medicate, you do know this, right?
This WOULD be under a Dr's care, and there are a boat load of Dr's that believe in this therapy.

Last edited:

They are under trials nimrod.

No one is promoting them like snake oil salesmen, because they are still under scientific trials to be certain they work.
They are using them all over the world.....testing them in real life....

And they are being PRESCRIBED BY DOCTORS.

The thread is correct.........TDS is why the left is whining.

Good thing doctors aren't listening to the TDS BS

The Associated Press reported (emphasis our own):

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Nevada’s governor on Tuesday night issued an emergency order banning gatherings of more than 10 people in the state indoors or outdoors, a more aggressive move to try to stop the spread of the coronavrius.
Sisolak said the order does not apply to private homes or the homeless, but includes places like social clubs, parks, libraries and sports fields.
Sisolak signed an emergency order earlier Tuesday barring the use of anti-malaria drugs for someone who has the coronavirus. The order restricting chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine came after President Donald Trump touted the medication as a treatment and falsely stated that the Food and Drug Administration had just approved the use of chloroquine to treat patients infected with coronavirus. Sisolak said in a statement that there’s no consensus among experts or Nevada doctors that the drugs can treat people with COVID-19.

Forum List

Back