Minnesota’s Democrat Governor quietly rescinds Hydroxychloroquine ban

eagle1462010

Diamond Member
May 17, 2013
Minnesota’s Democrat Governor Quietly Rescinds Hydroxychloroquine Ban

This includes Yale School of Public Health epidemiology professor Dr. Harvey A. Risch, who wrote, “When this inexpensive oral medication is given very early in the course of illness, before the virus has had time to multiply beyond control, it has shown to be highly effective, especially when given in combination with the antibiotics azithromycin or doxycycline and the nutritional supplement zinc.”

Miltimore notes other recent studies that land on the side of hydroxychloroquine’s effectiveness in treating the coronavirus, especially in its early stages, which is “key,” according to Risch. Other proponents include:

• Steven Hatfill, a veteran virologist and adjunct assistant professor at the George Washington University Medical Center, says the literature supporting hydroxychloroquine is overwhelming.
  • “There are now 53 studies that show positive results of hydroxychloroquine in COVID infections,” Hatfill wrote[.]
  • One of the positive studies, published by Henry Ford Health System, was a large-scale retrospective of six hospitals. Analyzing 2,541 patients, it found that those treated with hydroxychloroquine alone died at about half the rate of patients not treated with it.

Eat crow you leftist wankers.

payn_c14626220161212120100.jpg

The drug wasn't banned it was still prescribed.

Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz has lifted restrictions he set in March on how the malaria drug hydroxychloroquine is dispensed, saying a run on the drug is no longer feared because it has no proven benefit in treating COVID-19.

Walz initially limited how hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine could be prescribed to ensure patients with lupus, rheumatoid arthritis and other chronic medical conditions who relied on the drug didn’t face shortages.
I use my links because this link is not connected to the echo chamber.

Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz has lifted restrictions he set in March on how the malaria drug hydroxychloroquine is dispensed, saying a run on the drug is no longer feared because it has no proven benefit in treating COVID-19.

You use your link because it pushes your BS narrative..............and more excuses...........The drug is safe....and has saved millions of lives since WWII...........inexpensive and is now know to be a preventative measure just like for Malaria.........Doctors all over the world have been using it.

Yet you play the I HATE TRUMP version of a drug that has done so much for people for 70 years.

You use your link because it pushes your BS narrative..............and more excuses...........The drug is safe....and has saved millions of lives since WWII...........inexpensive and is now know to be a preventative measure just like for Malaria.........Doctors all over the world have been using it.

Yet you play the I HATE TRUMP version of a drug that has done so much for people for 70 years.
Nope the drug was never banned and I can pull up the executive order which proves what the link stated.
5. I authorize the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy, established pursuant to Minnesota Statutes 2019, section 151.02, to enforce the following medication dispensing limitations, until termination of the peacetime emergency declared in Executive Order 20-01. A prescription drug order for chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine must contain a diagnosis appropriate for the use of these medications and be dispensed for no more than 30 days at a time.
https://mn.gov/boards/assets/March ...ive Order 20-23_tcm21-425387_tcm21-426612.pdf

Now, prove it is wrong

Nope the drug was never banned and I can pull up the executive order which proves what the link stated.
5. I authorize the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy, established pursuant to Minnesota Statutes 2019, section 151.02, to enforce the following medication dispensing limitations, until termination of the peacetime emergency declared in Executive Order 20-01. A prescription drug order for chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine must contain a diagnosis appropriate for the use of these medications and be dispensed for no more than 30 days at a time.
https://mn.gov/boards/assets/March 27, 2020, Governor's Emergency Executive Order 20-23_tcm21-425387_tcm21-426612.pdf

Now, prove it is wrong

Minnesota’s Democrat Governor Quietly Rescinds Hydroxychloroquine Ban

This includes Yale School of Public Health epidemiology professor Dr. Harvey A. Risch, who wrote, “When this inexpensive oral medication is given very early in the course of illness, before the virus has had time to multiply beyond control, it has shown to be highly effective, especially when given in combination with the antibiotics azithromycin or doxycycline and the nutritional supplement zinc.”

Miltimore notes other recent studies that land on the side of hydroxychloroquine’s effectiveness in treating the coronavirus, especially in its early stages, which is “key,” according to Risch. Other proponents include:

• Steven Hatfill, a veteran virologist and adjunct assistant professor at the George Washington University Medical Center, says the literature supporting hydroxychloroquine is overwhelming.
  • “There are now 53 studies that show positive results of hydroxychloroquine in COVID infections,” Hatfill wrote[.]
  • One of the positive studies, published by Henry Ford Health System, was a large-scale retrospective of six hospitals. Analyzing 2,541 patients, it found that those treated with hydroxychloroquine alone died at about half the rate of patients not treated with it.

Eat crow you leftist wankers.
This medicine has no effectiveness for covid.

In fact, the governor did this because a run on hydroxychloroquine is no longer a plausibility, since it does nothing for covid.

Haha, what a stupid thread.

"Quietly"

Breitbart nuttershpere translation: "We just noticed!"

This was part of an executive order issued August 12 that also extended the state of emergency in Minnesota. It has been in the news for days.

https://mn.gov/boards/assets/March 27, 2020, Governor's Emergency Executive Order 20-23_tcm21-425387_tcm21-426612.pdf

Now, prove it is wrong

That proves nothing.

Now, prove it is wrong

That proves nothing.

One day you will figure out which story you want to say............your side is all over the place......kinda like farting in the wind and your side sniffs out the smell.

Now, prove it is wrong

That proves nothing.

One day you will figure out which story you want to say............your side is all over the place......kinda like farting in the wind and your side sniffs out the smell.

I put up the actual order I know which one to trust..

Walz initially limited how hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine could be prescribed to ensure patients with lupus, rheumatoid arthritis and other chronic medical conditions who relied on the drug didn’t face shortages.
It was banned for off label use, which means it was not legally available for the treatment of covid 19. When a governor tells you doctor what to prescribe for you, it's time to look for a new governor.

It was banned for off label use, which means it was not legally available for the treatment of covid 19. When a governor tells you doctor what to prescribe for you, it's time to look for a new governor.
It was available for inpatient treatment only. Outpatient treatment was restricted so that the drug supply could be utilized for people who actually needed it rather than shoveling it out to people who just wanted a placebo.

Since the drug is no longer being prescribed in any significant frequency for COVID because of lack of efficacy, there is no need for the restriction anymore.

When a governor tells you doctor what to prescribe for you, it's time to look for a new governor
When a governor bans offlabel prescription of a medicine for a disease for which it has zero effectiveness in order to prevent gullible morons from making a run on the drug, and does so to protect the lives of those who actually need the drug, it is time to praise that governor.

When a governor tells you doctor what to prescribe for you, it's time to look for a new governor
When a governor bans offlabel prescription of a medicine for a disease for which it has zero effectiveness in order to prevent gullible morons from making a run on the drug, and does so to protect the lives of those who actually need the drug, it is time to praise that governor.

There are plenty of papers that show the drug is effective. What's the matter?

How about the governor stops playing a doctor and starts doing his neglected job.

It was available for inpatient treatment only. Outpatient treatment was restricted so that the drug supply could be utilized for people who actually needed it rather than shoveling it out to people who just wanted a placebo.

Since the drug is no longer being prescribed in any significant frequency for COVID because of lack of efficacy, there is no need for the restriction anymore.
That's simply not true.

DETROIT – Treatment with hydroxychloroquine cut the death rate significantly in sick patients hospitalized with COVID-19 – and without heart-related side-effects, according to a new study published by Henry Ford Health System.

In a large-scale retrospective analysis of 2,541 patients hospitalized between March 10 and May 2, 2020 across the system’s six hospitals, the study found 13% of those treated with hydroxychloroquine alone died compared to 26.4% not treated with hydroxychloroquine. None of the patients had documented serious heart abnormalities; however, patients were monitored for a heart condition routinely pointed to as a reason to avoid the drug as a treatment for COVID-19.

The study was published today in the International Journal of Infectious Diseases, the peer-reviewed, open-access online publication of the International Society of Infectious Diseases (ISID.org).

Patients treated with hydroxychloroquine at Henry Ford met specific protocol criteria as outlined by the hospital system’s Division of Infectious Diseases. The vast majority received the drug soon after admission; 82% within 24 hours and 91% within 48 hours of admission. All patients in the study were 18 or over with a median age of 64 years; 51% were men and 56% African American.

“The findings have been highly analyzed and peer-reviewed,” said Dr. Marcus Zervos, division head of Infectious Disease for Henry Ford Health System, who co-authored the study with Henry Ford epidemiologist Samia Arshad. “We attribute our findings that differ from other studies to early treatment, and part of a combination of interventions that were done in supportive care of patients, including careful cardiac monitoring. Our dosing also differed from other studies not showing a benefit of the drug. And other studies are either not peer reviewed, have limited numbers of patients, different patient populations or other differences from our patients.”

Zervos said the potential for a surge in the fall or sooner, and infections continuing worldwide, show an urgency to identifying inexpensive and effective therapies and preventions.

“We’re glad to add to the scientific knowledge base on the role and how best to use therapies as we work around the world to provide insight,” he said. “Considered in the context of current studies on the use of hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19, our results suggest that the drug may have an important role to play in reducing COVID-19 mortality.”

Read "Hydroxychloroquine: An Open Letter to the Community & Beyond" here

The study also found those treated with azithromycin alone or a combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin also fared slightly better than those not treated with the drugs, according to the Henry Ford data. The analysis found 22.4% of those treated only with azithromycin died, and 20.1% treated with a combination of azithromycin and hydroxychloroquine died, compared to 26.4% of patients dying who were not treated with either medication.

“Our analysis shows that using hydroxychloroquine helped save lives,” said neurosurgeon Dr. Steven Kalkanis, CEO, Henry Ford Medical Group and Senior Vice President and Chief Academic Officer of Henry Ford Health System. “As doctors and scientists, we look to the data for insight. And the data here is clear that there was benefit to using the drug as a treatment for sick, hospitalized patients.”

This was probably the study that caused Walz to reverse his position but it is far from the only study that has shown hydroxychloroquine to be an effective therapy for covid 19 when administered early.

That's simply not true.

DETROIT – Treatment with hydroxychloroquine cut the death rate significantly in sick patients hospitalized with COVID-19 – and without heart-related side-effects, according to a new study published by Henry Ford Health System.

In a large-scale retrospective analysis of 2,541 patients hospitalized between March 10 and May 2, 2020 across the system’s six hospitals, the study found 13% of those treated with hydroxychloroquine alone died compared to 26.4% not treated with hydroxychloroquine. None of the patients had documented serious heart abnormalities; however, patients were monitored for a heart condition routinely pointed to as a reason to avoid the drug as a treatment for COVID-19.

The study was published today in the International Journal of Infectious Diseases, the peer-reviewed, open-access online publication of the International Society of Infectious Diseases (ISID.org).

Patients treated with hydroxychloroquine at Henry Ford met specific protocol criteria as outlined by the hospital system’s Division of Infectious Diseases. The vast majority received the drug soon after admission; 82% within 24 hours and 91% within 48 hours of admission. All patients in the study were 18 or over with a median age of 64 years; 51% were men and 56% African American.

“The findings have been highly analyzed and peer-reviewed,” said Dr. Marcus Zervos, division head of Infectious Disease for Henry Ford Health System, who co-authored the study with Henry Ford epidemiologist Samia Arshad. “We attribute our findings that differ from other studies to early treatment, and part of a combination of interventions that were done in supportive care of patients, including careful cardiac monitoring. Our dosing also differed from other studies not showing a benefit of the drug. And other studies are either not peer reviewed, have limited numbers of patients, different patient populations or other differences from our patients.”

Zervos said the potential for a surge in the fall or sooner, and infections continuing worldwide, show an urgency to identifying inexpensive and effective therapies and preventions.

“We’re glad to add to the scientific knowledge base on the role and how best to use therapies as we work around the world to provide insight,” he said. “Considered in the context of current studies on the use of hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19, our results suggest that the drug may have an important role to play in reducing COVID-19 mortality.”

Read "Hydroxychloroquine: An Open Letter to the Community & Beyond" here

The study also found those treated with azithromycin alone or a combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin also fared slightly better than those not treated with the drugs, according to the Henry Ford data. The analysis found 22.4% of those treated only with azithromycin died, and 20.1% treated with a combination of azithromycin and hydroxychloroquine died, compared to 26.4% of patients dying who were not treated with either medication.

“Our analysis shows that using hydroxychloroquine helped save lives,” said neurosurgeon Dr. Steven Kalkanis, CEO, Henry Ford Medical Group and Senior Vice President and Chief Academic Officer of Henry Ford Health System. “As doctors and scientists, we look to the data for insight. And the data here is clear that there was benefit to using the drug as a treatment for sick, hospitalized patients.”

This was probably the study that caused Walz to reverse his position but it is far from the only study that has shown hydroxychloroquine to be an effective therapy for covid 19 when administered early.
Debunked joke of a study....

Forum List

Back