So, anyone prepping for a possible civil war?

Not really. I own guns, but not a prepper amount of guns. I don't have an arsenal. I also live outside of the Bay Area and Los Angeles, so I feel pretty safe in this part of California.
I thought the Bay area is SF? And LA is the opposite end. You in central cal?

I'm in Northern Cal and I feel safe here too.

You live in CA and don't know the Nine Bay Area Counties? North of here are Mendocino, Humboldt and Del Norte, and to their east Shasta and Lassen which have Volcanoes. Lassen last blew its top in c. 1908, I saw photos of it in a coffee shop in Susanville.

Lake County in North Central CA has the Geysers, the largest geothermal system in the world, a short 72 miles from San Francisco.
I have always been central coast. Never really went too far north but lived briefly in Napa. I am familiar most with S. Cali. But, I'm learnin'!

Not really. I own guns, but not a prepper amount of guns. I don't have an arsenal. I also live outside of the Bay Area and Los Angeles, so I feel pretty safe in this part of California.

Yes, I'm in the 805 area, about halfway between L.A. and San Francisco, but closer to L.A.
Santa Barbara? Are you on the coast? I moved north after living in Tehachapi, Bakersfield, Delano, wound up in San Luis Obispo and that is where I have been for 30 years. Now...I am up north, near Chico. New territory for me. Lots of fucking trees, lol. LOTS.

Yes, I'm in the 805 area, about halfway between L.A. and San Francisco, but closer to L.A.

Santa Barbara and Ventura region. Nice country.
I managed property in Oxnard but shopped in Ventura for video games, lol. No Toy R Us in Oxnard. Had to go to Telegraph Hill to hit that one for the nintendos. Dang, that was so long ago!
I liked Oxnard. Alas...off we went to all over the place. Tahoe, Maui, wound up in Bakes, then said ENOUGH and came to SLO county and that is where we settled. Loved it there. Still do. But...its not meant to be. So..now we are mountain folk and its starting to grow on me. I hope it snows on Christmas. That would be awesome.

Santa Barbara? Are you on the coast? I moved north after living in Tehachapi, Bakersfield, Delano, wound up in San Luis Obispo and that is where I have been for 30 years. Now...I am up north, near Chico. New territory for me. Lots of fucking trees, lol. LOTS.

I'm not on the coast, but I am in the Santa Barbara/San Luis Obispo area. I've been up north as far as Sacramento and Eureka/Humboldt, but I rarely go up to Northern California. I've also never lived up there. I do like Northern California. It's just ridiculously expensive, and everyone I know is down here lol.

I'm not on the coast, but I am in the Santa Barbara/San Luis Obispo area.
Nipomo? Solvang? Lompoc? All nice areas. Well..Nipomo not so much. We used to be neighbors!!!

Nipomo? Solvang? Lompoc? All nice areas. Well..Nipomo not so much. We used to be neighbors!!!

Haha, I don't want to get too specific. I will say you're in the right ballpark. :)

Sigh. Now you are making me miss the foghorn in Morro Bay. :(
But, I made a new friend today. A gray squirrel came up on the porch, drank out of the water pan I keep filled for raccoons, deer, neighbors dogs and cats, birds, etc. That squirrel was not afraid at all and chucked at me with that throaty sound they do, so....ok. No fog horn any more, but a squirrel will suffice. :lol:

Haha, I don't want to get too specific. I will say you're in the right ballpark. :)
I agree. Too many cray crays around here. I don't mind saying where I USED to live, lol. Actually, I don't care if anyone knows where I live, town name wise. All my neighbors are redneck duck dynasty sorta folks with gun racks in their Monster Trucks. Anyone wants to hurt this little old lady, they have to go thru my neighbors. ;)

So, anyone prepping for a possible civil war?...Like, quietly stocking up on water, goods, food, bunkers, etc?

It sure looks like this is going to happen and I hope it doesn't. And when and if it does happen, which country will take advantage of it and attack? Are you prepared for that, as well?

No.

when and if it does happen, which country will take advantage of it and attack? Are you prepared for that, as well?

I'm as prepared as I intend to be.

Anywho...I found a place in town that sells guns and ammo and I bought two more boxes for my 38 and one box for my 357. I also have a nice stockpile of water.

I need to learn what is edible here in the forest. Just in case. I won't run anywhere..unless there is a fire of course. But, we are pretty much solitary up here, us mountain folks.

I managed property in Oxnard but shopped in Ventura for video games, lol. No Toy R Us in Oxnard. Had to go to Telegraph Hill to hit that one for the nintendos. Dang, that was so long ago!
I liked Oxnard. Alas...off we went to all over the place. Tahoe, Maui, wound up in Bakes, then said ENOUGH and came to SLO county and that is where we settled. Loved it there. Still do. But...its not meant to be. So..now we are mountain folk and its starting to grow on me. I hope it snows on Christmas. That would be awesome.

I used to spend a lot of time in Avila Beach. Simply wonderful place. Especially after the huge cleanup.

I used to spend a lot of time in Avila Beach. Simply wonderful place. Especially after the huge cleanup.

Yeah, I love that whole stretch of tiny beach towns: Avila Beach, Pismo Beach, Shell Beach, etc. I also like San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara. The surrounding small cities are cool too.

I think Cambria and Moonstone Beach is my fav. But for REALLY small town experience, Cayucos is the best. Good food, big sandy beaches, the pier, antique shops.
I used to hang out at Pismo back in the day when you could drive on the beach from the pier there. Its all closed off now. I used to drive my brand spanking new right off the floor VW van, and park on the sand while listening to Grand Funk Railroad on my spiffy 8 track player. :)

Actually, long long ago when I was a young gal ready for adventure, I met some guys on a fishing boat what was anchored off Pismo pier. They invited me to go along with them on their tuna boat for a couple of weeks and me be their galley cook. Of course I went. I celebrated my 21st birthday on that boat, and they had a cake for me with a big fat joint the size of a cigar poked in the middle of it.

It was fun. :)

Actually, long long ago when I was a young gal ready for adventure, I met some guys on a fishing boat what was anchored off Pismo pier. They invited me to go along with them on their tuna boat for a couple of weeks and me be their galley cook. Of course I went. I celebrated my 21st birthday on that boat, and they had a cake for me with a big fat joint the size of a cigar poked in the middle of it.

It was fun. :)

Sounds fun. I've never been on a boat that long, but I went whale watching once off the coast of San Diego with some friends. It was one of those military-grade rubber rafts that is designed to carry about 10 people and go really fast. Our tour guide was a guy who does work for National Geographic when they have need that kind of boat for various shoots down off the coast of Mexico. We didn't see any Whales, but we saw a ton of dolphins that would come up to the boat and mess with us. I had a great time.

I did see whales once on a boat off the Morro Bay coast. I've also been to Catalina Island on that big ferry. Those are the only times I've been on a boat. I liked all of them.

Like, quietly stocking up on water, goods, food, bunkers, etc?
It sure looks like this is going to happen and I hope it doesn't. And when and if it does happen, which country will take advantage of it and attack? Are you prepared for that, as well?

If I was prepping ... I wouldn't tell anyone. It's stupid to advertise it.

`
Me and my girls live in northern Wisconsin, on about 100 acres of land; 90% wooded. My house is above an aquifer where I get all my water. I invested heavy in wind generators and solar panels. I can go off the grid at any time. Since moving up here from Milwaukee, I've learned to track, hunt, kill and field dress game, mainly deer. I've learned canning and food preservation techniques. When I'm not working or farting around online, I'm outside. I'm pretty well off the beaten track. Trips to the nearest town take 20 to 25 minutes, longer during winter. I don't miss the urban life.

`
Me and my girls live in northern Wisconsin, on about 100 acres of land; 90% wooded. My house is above an aquifer where I get all my water. I invested heavy in wind generators and solar panels. I can go off the grid at any time. Since moving up here from Milwaukee, I've learned to track, hunt, kill and field dress game, mainly deer. I've learned canning and food preservation techniques. When I'm not working or farting around online, I'm outside. I'm pretty well off the beaten track. Trips to the nearest town take 20 to 25 minutes, longer during winter. I don't miss the urban life.

Marry me?

Forum List

Back