Snowden says his mission already accomplished

He'll be giving Britains "alternative Christmas address." Whatever the hell that is.

His quest for fame continues. I hope it was worth betraying your people.

Enjoy your Christmas borscht scumbag

If by "your people" you mean the government that was illegally spying on all of us, which we now know about because of him, then yes, I imagine he feels it was worth while.

Snowden is a liar and a traitor in the worst case.

I guess now we know Jim supports the government spying on us and violating our Fourth Amendment rights. I'll bet he hated it when it happened under Bush though.

Snowden is a liar and a traitor in the worst case.

I guess now we know Jim supports the government spying on us and violating our Fourth Amendment rights. I'll bet he hated it when it happened under Bush though.

...and I bet you said nothing when Bush did it. Im a republican, and while I could be blasting Obama over this with everyone else, im not, because I don't play hypocrite politics. When a president does something right, he deserves credit for it.

"By his own terms, Snowden succeeded beyond plausible ambition. Accustomed to watching without being watched, the NSA faces scrutiny it has not endured since the 1970s, or perhaps ever.

"The cascading effects have made themselves felt in Congress, the courts, popular culture, Silicon Valley and world capitals.

"The basic structure of the Internet itself is now in question, as Brazil and members of the European Union consider measures to keep their data away from U.S. territory and U.S. technology giants including Google, Microsoft and Yahoo take extraordinary step to block the collection of data by their government..."

"On Dec. 16, in a lawsuit that could not have gone forward without the disclosures made possible by Snowden, U.S. District Judge Richard Leon described the NSA’s capabilities as 'almost Orwellian' and said its bulk collection of U.S. domestic telephone records was probably unconstitutional.

"The next day, in the Roosevelt Room, an unusual delegation of executives from old telephone companies and young Internet firms told President Barack Obama that the NSA’s intrusion into their networks was a threat to the U.S. information economy.

"The following day, an advisory panel appointed by Obama recommended substantial new restrictions on the NSA, including an end to the domestic call-records program.

“'This week is a turning point,' said Jesselyn Radack of the Government Accountability Project, who is one of Snowden’s legal advisers. 'It has been just a cascade.'”

Happy New Year!

‘Mission’s already accomplished,’ says Snowden

Snowden exposed Obama as the greatest criminal to ever occupy the Oval Office; he's Nixon on steroids

The gathering of our information hasn't stopped one thing from happening. It didn't stop the Boston bombing, it hasn't stopped any of the school shootings, etc. I think if the NSA is going to keep gathering information on us at least set up a hotline so when I forget a password I can call them and they can tell me what it is. What a huge waste of time. Spying on US citizens. SMH.

Oh, it's stopped plenty of attacks. I mean, the government says it has. It just can't give us any information regarding the nature of the attacks, any suspects, or how exactly our phone data helped them. We can certainly trust our government, citizen.

Why the fuck do you think they would spend SO much time and money on such an endeavor if it never helps them do their job? Get a fucking clue moron. Of course it helps them.

:lol:

Because if they spend all of their money, the next year they get MORE money.

No, but they read yours, check your telephone calls and know exactly where you've been.

Yet here I am, and my life hasn't changed one iota. Has yours?

Does that mean you're happy at the state spying on you, reading your emails and so on?
I thought most Americans were quite keen on the constitution.

some are ready to hand their asses to the government for the free handout.

How the fuck would we know about it you dumbass? The NSA doesnt exactly publish their works. :cuckoo:

Face it, the spying on Americans is accomplishing nothing. No attacks have been stopped.

Face it, you are an inbred moron who is incapable of using the even smallest amount of logic.

Logic: "If the government is spending a lot of money it MUST be doing something useful!"

:lol:

The train has left the station friend. He has opened the box for everyone. Remember that the next time Al-Qaeda launches an attack on US soil because your hero Snowden tipped them off as to how they can bypass our intelligence.

He is a 21st Century Benedict Arnold and will forever be knows as a traitor.

The gathering of our information hasn't stopped one thing from happening. It didn't stop the Boston bombing, it hasn't stopped any of the school shootings, etc. I think if the NSA is going to keep gathering information on us at least set up a hotline so when I forget a password I can call them and they can tell me what it is. What a huge waste of time. Spying on US citizens. SMH.

Oh, it's stopped plenty of attacks. I mean, the government says it has. It just can't give us any information regarding the nature of the attacks, any suspects, or how exactly our phone data helped them. We can certainly trust our government, citizen.

Oh, I see. The Government says. The ever truthful entity, the one which CARES about Americans.

How did it work with The Government said you can keep your insurance and your doctor?

Oh, I see. The Government says. The ever truthful entity, the one which CARES about Americans.

How did it work with The Government said you can keep your insurance and your doctor?

I was being sarcastic.

Let's see, what can we say about Snowden.........

1. Glad he exposed this total program going on here within the USA. I may be wrong but i believe it is unconstitutional.

2. He is a traitor in every sense of the word. He told Foreign governments secrets of the USA.

3. Those secrets included the IP's of some computers in China which we had hacked. And our communications capabilities.

4. If he ever comes back into US jurisdiction it should be in chains for life....

I was being sarcastic.

I know, I should have included some words to make it obvious I am playing along. Sorry for misunderstanding/
Merry Christmas!

1. Glad he exposed this total program going on here within the USA. I may be wrong but i believe it is unconstitutional.

2. He is a traitor in every sense of the word. He told Foreign governments secrets of the USA.

3. Those secrets included the IP's of some computers in China which we had hacked. And our communications capabilities.

4. If he ever comes back into US jurisdiction it should be in chains for life....

"Gee, thanks for exposing the illegal activities of the government, your reward is to be put into a hole."

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox

"Gee, thanks for exposing the illegal activities of the government, your reward is to be put into a hole."

Perhaps you think it's OK to give state secrets to foreign countries. I don't.......

Perhaps you think it's OK to give state secrets to foreign countries. I don't.......

When those state secrets are crimes, I prefer to condemn the actual criminals rather than the messenger. Nor do I know what you mean by foreign countries. Are you implying that Snowden gave classified documents to foreign governments? If so, I suggest you provide evidence. If you're referring to having leaked the documents to American journalist Glenn Greenwald, who worked for a foreign newspaper, then no, I couldn't care less.

Maybe we're about to find out if it's OK to lie to congress?

"Seven Republican members of the House Judiciary Committee on Thursday called for a perjury investigation of Director of National Intelligence James Clapper for his false testimony to Congress in March about the National Security Agency.

[READ: Clapper Could Be Investigated for Perjury]

"Clapper apologized in June for giving "clearly erroneous" testimony during a meeting of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.

"During the March meeting Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., asked Clapper specifically if NSA spies on millions of Americans, to which the spymaster said 'No.'"

Any thoughts on how deep Clapper's hole should be if convicted?

House Wants DNI James Clapper Investigated - US News and World Report

When those state secrets are crimes, I prefer to condemn the actual criminals rather than the messenger. Nor do I know what you mean by foreign countries. Are you implying that Snowden gave classified documents to foreign governments? If so, I suggest you provide evidence. If you're referring to having leaked the documents to American journalist Glenn Greenwald, who worked for a foreign newspaper, then no, I couldn't care less.

I already noted that he had given up specific IP addresses to China of computers we had hacked. And we all know how he told other countries about our communications capabilities...Those capabilities are state secrets for a reason. though I don't expect stupidity to understand that.....

Snowden Leaks 'Detailed Records' About IP Addresses NSA Hacked in China, Hong Kong

But since he told us about the domestic programs (which I have already said I believe are unconstitutional) then this is OK. Hes still a hero.....No, he isn't. He is a traitor. Period.

Forum List

Back