Smothering the Fire

No real evidence to support taking large doses of Vitamin C. It will give you heartburn in large amounts but those excess amounts will be whizzed straight out of you. :)
Vitamin C for Health
Tons of evidence, but big pharma dupes many stupid people like you.

No duping necessary. Wife took tons of Vitamin C over the years. While it did reduce her bruising more easily than an overripe banana, it never prevented (or made better) her from getting colds, flu, and pneumonia.
I myself took big doses of Vitamin C in the late 90's and early 00's. Didn't help with colds and flu either. It is fact that excessamounts of any vitamin is simply evacuated from your body without being absorbed. And any
evidence in the form of "studies" is anecdotal. Not trying to pick a fight here. I've always been one to get my nutrients from food, get plenty of rest, and try not to get sick in the first place. :)
Silly. You don’t know anything. Have you bothered the read anything on vitamin c?

I’ve taken it for years. Beaten colds many times. However, I’ve studied it extensively. At first signs of a cold I take 1000mg every six minutes, as the great doctors advised. I’ve taken huge amounts and beaten colds without any side effects other than loose bowels.

Most fools like you, don’t know to take enough C. Then you stupidly conclude C doesn’t work.

And most of it is whizzed out of your body. Your body doesn't absorb excess nutrients. It just evacuates them as waste.
Excess amounts of Vitamin C (more than 2000mg) can be downright hurtful to your digestive tract. Every 6 minutes? I'm getting heartburn just thinking about it! :)

If I examined your routine immediately before and during your cold/flu sickness, am I going to find a lack of sleep?, increased stress?, eating crappy foods?

No real evidence to support taking large doses of Vitamin C. It will give you heartburn in large amounts but those excess amounts will be whizzed straight out of you. :)
Vitamin C for Health
Tons of evidence, but big pharma dupes many stupid people like you.

No duping necessary. Wife took tons of Vitamin C over the years. While it did reduce her bruising more easily than an overripe banana, it never prevented (or made better) her from getting colds, flu, and pneumonia.
I myself took big doses of Vitamin C in the late 90's and early 00's. Didn't help with colds and flu either. It is fact that excessamounts of any vitamin is simply evacuated from your body without being absorbed. And any
evidence in the form of "studies" is anecdotal. Not trying to pick a fight here. I've always been one to get my nutrients from food, get plenty of rest, and try not to get sick in the first place. :)
Silly. You don’t know anything. Have you bothered the read anything on vitamin c?

I’ve taken it for years. Beaten colds many times. However, I’ve studied it extensively. At first signs of a cold I take 1000mg every six minutes, as the great doctors advised. I’ve taken huge amounts and beaten colds without any side effects other than loose bowels.

Most fools like you, don’t know to take enough C. Then you stupidly conclude C doesn’t work.

And most of it is whizzed out of your body. Your body doesn't absorb excess nutrients. It just evacuates them as waste.
Excess amounts of Vitamin C (more than 2000mg) can be downright hurtful to your digestive tract. Every 6 minutes? I'm getting heartburn just thinking about it! :)

If I examined your routine immediately before and during your cold/flu sickness, am I going to find a lack of sleep?, increased stress?, eating crappy foods?
No.

Too much C goes right to the bowels, resulting in diarrhea. When you are sick, you can hold enormous amounts of C. Many great doctors proved this decades ago. Carthcart would perscribe up to 200 grams of C intravenously in divided does within 24 hours, for very ill patents.

I’ve taken it for years. Beaten colds many times.

One patient isn't a clinical trial, it's an anecdote. When that patient knows what they're taking and fully expects that it will cure their symptoms, that's a placebo effect.

Let's see the double-blind clinical studies for mega-dose Vitamin-C to treat a specific condition. Then we can have a discussion on its efficacy.

"Approximately 70%–90% of vitamin C is absorbed at moderate intakes of 30–180 mg/day. However, at doses above 1 g/day, absorption falls to less than 50% and absorbed, unmetabolized ascorbic acid is excreted in the urine "

Jacob RA, Sotoudeh G. Vitamin C function and status in chronic disease. Nutr Clin Care 2002;5:66-74

One patient isn't a clinical trial, it's an anecdote. When that patient knows what they're taking and fully expects that it will cure their symptoms, that's a placebo effect.

Let's see the double-blind clinical studies for mega-dose Vitamin-C to treat a specific condition. Then we can have a discussion on its efficacy.
LOL. You just proved you’re entirely uninformed. Leave the thread now or be BANNED.

LOL. You just proved you’re entirely uninformed. Leave the thread now or be BANNED.

If I take enough Vitamin C, will it prevent a banning?

No.

No.

I believe it will ... prove me wrong.

No.

I believe it will ... prove me wrong.
Nothing can help you now.

How many have died from the Covid, but could have survived had Vitamin C been prescribed? My guess is a lot. We have a very sick HC system.

Smothering the Fire: How Vitamin C Can Stop Viral Infections Quickly

by Tom Taylor
(OMNS May 28, 2020) "Smothering the fire"? Do you remember the old forest fire fighting movies? Someone in a fire tower spots smoke and a plane load of fire jumpers go out and puts the fire out before it really gets going. Then occasionally, the fire gets too well established before the jumpers can get there and it turns into a major operation that lasts for weeks. In the end a good rainstorm from Mother Nature finally puts the fire out. This is a good metaphor for what vitamin C can do for viral infections.

In this article I'll present the fire jumping/smothering technique applied to viral infections. However, the jumpers are vitamin C, and the fire controller is you. If your vitamin C jumpers get to the viral fire quickly, it can be snuffed out and the incident is soon forgotten. However, if you're slow to react to the problem the infection can rage for a week or more.

Previous OMNS articles on this topic recommend 3 grams a day of vitamin C for a healthy person. [1-8] What happens if you start to feel sick? The solution is to send in your vitamin C fire jumpers before the viral infection gets out of hand.

The following is my recommendation based on years of taking vitamin C. This is not original science. Dr. Robert Cathcart worked this out in the 70's and 80's because he ran his family medical practice based on the treatment of illness with vitamin C. [9,10] The video of him summarizing the practice can be found here. [11] Since then, numerous others have replicated these techniques. Here I am just summarizing the technique and giving it the name " Smothering the fire."

The Vitamin C Fire Smothering Technique: Four Keys
The first key is to pay attention to your early indicators that you are about to get sick. For me that is stuffiness in my left nostril. Years ago, it was a sore spot in the back of my throat. For you it may be different. The important thing is to be aware of your early warning indicators of illness.

The second key is to be very quick to start the high dose vitamin C at your first indication of illness. My experience has taught me to go immediately to 2 grams an hour (not per day) and keep the rate up for a few hours or for the whole day or evening. When this gives you enough vitamin C, your first indication of a shift is that you suddenly perk up and feel, maybe not great, but better.

For some nasty illnesses, four grams an hour or one gram every fifteen minutes will be the solution to stop the viral infection. Dr. Cathart in his video and papers reports a young woman who took around 450 grams in two days to bring a case of mononucleosis under control. I recall that was a teaspoon full (i.e. four grams) every half-hour.

The third key is closely or evenly spacing the dosages. All sources agree that vitamin C has a very short half-life in your body. On the order of a few hours when you are well. When you are sick and heavily stressed, the sources say the body can easily consume a gram or more in fifteen minutes.

What happens if you take too much? After starting to feel better, the next indicator is you start feeling a little gassy with some flatulence. This is annoying but OK. However, in the rare event you wildly overdo it, you will clean out your bowels for a few hours, but this is usually a very short-term event. Though unpleasant, it far beats the alternative of being sick and it could be looked upon as a detoxification. Dr. Cathcart called this method of trial-and-error with the dose "bowel tolerance,"

The fourth key is to keep vitamin C handy. Just as you would small bandages or lip balm. When you need it, quick is very important.

Coronavirus?
Smothering the Fire: How Vitamin C Can Stop Viral Infections Quickly

Not only vitamin C but other immune boosting substances like Golden seal which is a native american herb. It's very anti viral. And they are more powerful when used in conjunction with each other.

late February i woke up one morning with a runny nose, pain in my left ear, sore throat and fever. That day i dosed with vitamin C powder about 4 or 5 times, drank crushed ginger tea, along with a detox tea, with tincture drops of golden seal in it. then i crushed raw garlic which I let air out and ate later with my food later throughout the day.

By the end of the day my upper resperatory had completely cleared, the next morning my fever was gone, ear ache was gone. The only problem i did have that took a month to go away was a shortness of breath in my lungs ( so I know it was some sort of virus) but i continued the regemine through out as well as taking a drug store anti hystimine so I didn't get any post nasal drip into my lungs while I slept. Eventually it all went away.
I do believe It was those immune boosting substances including large doses of vitamin C!
I like the powder variety the best. I was taking about 12,000 mg at least that first day. The other key was probably just being hydrated with all that tea...

Forum List

Back