Smothering the Fire

gipper

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2011
How many have died from the Covid, but could have survived had Vitamin C been prescribed? My guess is a lot. We have a very sick HC system.

Smothering the Fire: How Vitamin C Can Stop Viral Infections Quickly

by Tom Taylor
(OMNS May 28, 2020) "Smothering the fire"? Do you remember the old forest fire fighting movies? Someone in a fire tower spots smoke and a plane load of fire jumpers go out and puts the fire out before it really gets going. Then occasionally, the fire gets too well established before the jumpers can get there and it turns into a major operation that lasts for weeks. In the end a good rainstorm from Mother Nature finally puts the fire out. This is a good metaphor for what vitamin C can do for viral infections.

In this article I'll present the fire jumping/smothering technique applied to viral infections. However, the jumpers are vitamin C, and the fire controller is you. If your vitamin C jumpers get to the viral fire quickly, it can be snuffed out and the incident is soon forgotten. However, if you're slow to react to the problem the infection can rage for a week or more.

Previous OMNS articles on this topic recommend 3 grams a day of vitamin C for a healthy person. [1-8] What happens if you start to feel sick? The solution is to send in your vitamin C fire jumpers before the viral infection gets out of hand.

The following is my recommendation based on years of taking vitamin C. This is not original science. Dr. Robert Cathcart worked this out in the 70's and 80's because he ran his family medical practice based on the treatment of illness with vitamin C. [9,10] The video of him summarizing the practice can be found here. [11] Since then, numerous others have replicated these techniques. Here I am just summarizing the technique and giving it the name " Smothering the fire."

The Vitamin C Fire Smothering Technique: Four Keys
The first key is to pay attention to your early indicators that you are about to get sick. For me that is stuffiness in my left nostril. Years ago, it was a sore spot in the back of my throat. For you it may be different. The important thing is to be aware of your early warning indicators of illness.

The second key is to be very quick to start the high dose vitamin C at your first indication of illness. My experience has taught me to go immediately to 2 grams an hour (not per day) and keep the rate up for a few hours or for the whole day or evening. When this gives you enough vitamin C, your first indication of a shift is that you suddenly perk up and feel, maybe not great, but better.

For some nasty illnesses, four grams an hour or one gram every fifteen minutes will be the solution to stop the viral infection. Dr. Cathart in his video and papers reports a young woman who took around 450 grams in two days to bring a case of mononucleosis under control. I recall that was a teaspoon full (i.e. four grams) every half-hour.

The third key is closely or evenly spacing the dosages. All sources agree that vitamin C has a very short half-life in your body. On the order of a few hours when you are well. When you are sick and heavily stressed, the sources say the body can easily consume a gram or more in fifteen minutes.

What happens if you take too much? After starting to feel better, the next indicator is you start feeling a little gassy with some flatulence. This is annoying but OK. However, in the rare event you wildly overdo it, you will clean out your bowels for a few hours, but this is usually a very short-term event. Though unpleasant, it far beats the alternative of being sick and it could be looked upon as a detoxification. Dr. Cathcart called this method of trial-and-error with the dose "bowel tolerance,"

The fourth key is to keep vitamin C handy. Just as you would small bandages or lip balm. When you need it, quick is very important.

Coronavirus?

Do you remember the old forest fire fighting movies? Someone in a fire tower spots smoke and a plane load of fire jumpers go out and puts the fire out before it really gets going.

Maybe they don't do that any longer because it only worked in the movies.

How many have died from the Covid, but could have survived had Vitamin C been prescribed? My guess is a lot. We have a very sick HC system.

by Tom Taylor
(OMNS May 28, 2020) "Smothering the fire"? Do you remember the old forest fire fighting movies? Someone in a fire tower spots smoke and a plane load of fire jumpers go out and puts the fire out before it really gets going. Then occasionally, the fire gets too well established before the jumpers can get there and it turns into a major operation that lasts for weeks. In the end a good rainstorm from Mother Nature finally puts the fire out. This is a good metaphor for what vitamin C can do for viral infections.

In this article I'll present the fire jumping/smothering technique applied to viral infections. However, the jumpers are vitamin C, and the fire controller is you. If your vitamin C jumpers get to the viral fire quickly, it can be snuffed out and the incident is soon forgotten. However, if you're slow to react to the problem the infection can rage for a week or more.

Previous OMNS articles on this topic recommend 3 grams a day of vitamin C for a healthy person. [1-8] What happens if you start to feel sick? The solution is to send in your vitamin C fire jumpers before the viral infection gets out of hand.

The following is my recommendation based on years of taking vitamin C. This is not original science. Dr. Robert Cathcart worked this out in the 70's and 80's because he ran his family medical practice based on the treatment of illness with vitamin C. [9,10] The video of him summarizing the practice can be found here. [11] Since then, numerous others have replicated these techniques. Here I am just summarizing the technique and giving it the name " Smothering the fire."

The first key is to pay attention to your early indicators that you are about to get sick. For me that is stuffiness in my left nostril. Years ago, it was a sore spot in the back of my throat. For you it may be different. The important thing is to be aware of your early warning indicators of illness.

The second key is to be very quick to start the high dose vitamin C at your first indication of illness. My experience has taught me to go immediately to 2 grams an hour (not per day) and keep the rate up for a few hours or for the whole day or evening. When this gives you enough vitamin C, your first indication of a shift is that you suddenly perk up and feel, maybe not great, but better.

For some nasty illnesses, four grams an hour or one gram every fifteen minutes will be the solution to stop the viral infection. Dr. Cathart in his video and papers reports a young woman who took around 450 grams in two days to bring a case of mononucleosis under control. I recall that was a teaspoon full (i.e. four grams) every half-hour.

The third key is closely or evenly spacing the dosages. All sources agree that vitamin C has a very short half-life in your body. On the order of a few hours when you are well. When you are sick and heavily stressed, the sources say the body can easily consume a gram or more in fifteen minutes.

What happens if you take too much? After starting to feel better, the next indicator is you start feeling a little gassy with some flatulence. This is annoying but OK. However, in the rare event you wildly overdo it, you will clean out your bowels for a few hours, but this is usually a very short-term event. Though unpleasant, it far beats the alternative of being sick and it could be looked upon as a detoxification. Dr. Cathcart called this method of trial-and-error with the dose "bowel tolerance,"

The fourth key is to keep vitamin C handy. Just as you would small bandages or lip balm. When you need it, quick is very important.

Coronavirus?
Crazy conspiracy theories don't help.

by Tom Taylor

Coronavirus?
Yeah that’s the establishment line. I didn’t think you would fall for it.

by Tom Taylor

Coronavirus?
right ...get back under your bed and hide !

by Tom Taylor

Coronavirus?
Look at all the doctors who approved of the use of vitamin C. Are they all quacks?
3C79F685-9D08-4410-B399-843D1391351C.png

As much as I applaud the accomplishments of Linus Pauling (who proposed the hyper-dose vitamin therapy theory), particularly his early work in molecular bonds. He has had a very hit and miss scientific career.

Dr Pauling is a chemist, not a medical doctor, and spent a very large part of his career not in medical or scientific research, but in political activism.

One of Dr Pauling's more creative suggestions was to identify genetic in newborns and compulsory tattoo their foreheads to identify their defects. This included Sickle-cell carriers, a disease he helped identify. He didn't propose this back in the 1930's, but in the 1960's.

This shit has been known for many many years...fuckheads keep trying to reinvent the wheel.

IF you are vitamin deficient you have a much great susceptibility to opportunistic infections.

Since Corona virus is more like a cold than the flu, it would seem Vitamin C and Zinc at the first symptoms would be effective at reducing the length and severity of the illness.

by Tom Taylor

Coronavirus?
Look at all the doctors who approved of the use of vitamin C. Are they all quacks?
View attachment 342183

Interesting that you should quote an Orthomolecular newsletter. A brance of psuedo-science first proposed by Linus Pauling.

Some of the more interesting theories of Orthomolecular proponents are

1. Primitive people didn't suffer from degenerative or autoimmune diseases.
2. Mega-doses of vitamins shown to be toxic in study after study are in fact safe.
3. AIDS and forms of cancer can be cured with mega-vitamin therapy.

by Tom Taylor

Coronavirus?
View attachment 342183
Nothing wrong with using vitamin c. It does help boost the immune system.

It is not an antiviral nor is it a cure for covid19.

To say that it is a conspiracy theory.

As much as I applaud the accomplishments of Linus Pauling (who proposed the hyper-dose vitamin therapy theory), particularly his early work in molecular bonds. He has had a very hit and miss scientific career.

Dr Pauling is a chemist, not a medical doctor, and spent a very large part of his career not in medical or scientific research, but in political activism.

One of Dr Pauling's more creative suggestions was to identify genetic in newborns and compulsory tattoo their foreheads to identify their defects. This included Sickle-cell carriers, a disease he helped identify. He didn't propose this back in the 1930's, but in the 1960's.
This thread has nothing to do with the great Dr Pauling.

If you think he is the only one who promoted the use of vitamin c, you’re a fool.

by Tom Taylor

Coronavirus?
View attachment 342183
Nothing wrong with using vitamin c. It does help boost the immune system.

It is not an antiviral nor is it a cure for covid19.

To say that it is a conspiracy theory.
Dr Carthcart who cured hundreds maybe thousands infected with viruses, would disagree. He did this years ago and documented it all.

Get informed. Don’t be stupid.

by Tom Taylor

Coronavirus?
View attachment 342183

Interesting that you should quote an Orthomolecular newsletter. A brance of psuedo-science first proposed by Linus Pauling.

Some of the more interesting theories of Orthomolecular proponents are

1. Primitive people didn't suffer from degenerative or autoimmune diseases.
2. Mega-doses of vitamins shown to be toxic in study after study are in fact safe.
3. AIDS and forms of cancer can be cured with mega-vitamin therapy.
Garbage.

Since Corona virus is more like a cold than the flu, it would seem Vitamin C and Zinc at the first symptoms would be effective at reducing the length and severity of the illness.
Exactly right, but the establishment has fooled many into thinking only a vaccine from big pharma will work. It’s all about profits, but establishment dupes can’t see it.

No real evidence to support taking large doses of Vitamin C. It will give you heartburn in large amounts but those excess amounts will be whizzed straight out of you. :)
Vitamin C for Health
Tons of evidence, but big pharma dupes many stupid people like you.

No duping necessary. Wife took tons of Vitamin C over the years. While it did reduce her bruising more easily than an overripe banana, it never prevented (or made better) her from getting colds, flu, and pneumonia.
I myself took big doses of Vitamin C in the late 90's and early 00's. Didn't help with colds and flu either. It is fact that excess amounts of any vitamin is simply evacuated from your body without being absorbed. And any
evidence in the form of "studies" is anecdotal. Not trying to pick a fight here. I've always been one to get my nutrients from food, get plenty of rest, and try not to get sick in the first place. :)

No real evidence to support taking large doses of Vitamin C. It will give you heartburn in large amounts but those excess amounts will be whizzed straight out of you. :)
Vitamin C for Health
Tons of evidence, but big pharma dupes many stupid people like you.

No duping necessary. Wife took tons of Vitamin C over the years. While it did reduce her bruising more easily than an overripe banana, it never prevented (or made better) her from getting colds, flu, and pneumonia.
I myself took big doses of Vitamin C in the late 90's and early 00's. Didn't help with colds and flu either. It is fact that excessamounts of any vitamin is simply evacuated from your body without being absorbed. And any
evidence in the form of "studies" is anecdotal. Not trying to pick a fight here. I've always been one to get my nutrients from food, get plenty of rest, and try not to get sick in the first place. :)
Silly. You don’t know anything. Have you bothered the read anything on vitamin c?

I’ve taken it for years. Beaten colds many times. However, I’ve studied it extensively. At first signs of a cold I take 1000mg every six minutes, as the great doctors advised. I’ve taken huge amounts and beaten colds without any side effects other than loose bowels.

Most fools like you, don’t know to take enough C. Then you stupidly conclude C doesn’t work.

Forum List

Back