Small businesses harmed by Obamacare and Federal Rules and Regulations cost $2 Trillion a year!

I'm waiting for PF to provide the proof plus totally refute my last post. Where are your FACTS?

The single payer plan promoted by Bernie Sanders and the Green Party would eliminate all of that hassle and expense.

Small and start up businesses would be free to run their businesses without all of that hassle and expense holding them back. It would be a boon to our economy. Of course it would remove all that from all businesses big or small.
I'm curious where the $3.5 - $4 trillion a year to pay for health care expenditures would come from. That number will jump to $10 trillion by 2026. How will you fund it?
Excellent question.

Short answer, it would cost you less. The administration cost of single payer is about 3%. So if you need $5000 in care it would cost $5150.

The for profit system is more. The administration cost is about 30%. So that same $5000 in care would cost you $6500. Add to this the co pays and deductibles.

Let's say you are paying $8000 per year for a half assed plan with co pays and deductibles. Would you trade that for $5000 in higher taxes and have everything covered 100%?

Plus, there are a lot of monkey motions that would be eliminated.

That is also entirely false.

Administrative costs are not 3%. That's a statistical lie. Of the money given to Medicaid, roughly 3% goes to operating the Medicare administration, and 97% is paid out.

But is the money given to Medicare all administrative free? No it is not. The IRS spends billions collecting that tax money. That $5000 in care, with the $5150 in cost, doesn't include the $1000 the IRS spent paying accountants to file your taxes.

On top of that, is that $5000 in care, all going to care? No it is not. Medicare pays insurance companies a fee, to process Medicare patients. So some of that $5000 payout is going to administration, but is not calculated by Medicare.

Entirely false. You bought a bunch of lies.
Indeed, privatizing costs more money.

Where is your proof? Are you aware that Medicare is "privatized"???????

What is the matter with you people that can't seem to refute the facts?
Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 10.35.34 AM.png

Trump will also propose a repeal of the estate tax, sometimes called the “death tax.” Under current law, the 40 percent tax applies only to estates larger than $5.45 million for individuals and $10.9 million for couples.
Trump to Propose Moratorium on New Financial Regulations

Now this would be great news for small business owners that want to leave their estates intact for their offspring!
IN the real world of Federal Tax revenue sources estate taxes contribute:

In 2014, the estate tax raised $19.3 billion according to the OMB, or 0.6 percent of total federal revenue of over $3 trillion.
The Estate Tax Provides Less than One Percent of Federal Revenue

Horror Stories of Estate Taxes..
My grandmother passed away in 1997 and unbeknownst to my father (or my grandmother at the time of writing her will), he suddenly had to pay a tax, 38.5% of the estate minus a $1mil deduction, on the appraised value of the land that her grandfather had worked so hard to purchase, protect, and work.
We are now burdened with two estate tax payments every year. One for my grandmother’s estate (from 1997!), and one for my father’s estate. We will be making these payments for the next 15 years. So, not only are we trying to make a small family business in ranching profitable for ourselves, we are now trying to make it profitable for the IRS so that it doesn’t end up as federal land.
Horror Stories | Death tax, Estate tax, repeal Death taxes, repeal estate tax, death tax repeal, repeal death tax, estate tax repeal

In 1939, a man started a car dealership, and built the business until his death, when he passed the family business along to his son. Because of estate tax requirements, his son nearly declared bankruptcy.

That son was Rep. Roger Williams (R-TX). His story represents the struggle many are faced with when attempting to pass their hard work down to the next generation.

Fortunately, for Rep. Williams, he was able to pull the resources together to keep his father’s dealership afloat and still runs the dealership to this day and has more than 100 employees. However, not all Americans are that lucky.
Real Estate Tax Horror Stories. Real Estate Tax Solutions. - gop.gov

Just two stories of how stupid this estate tax which generated less then 0.6% of federal revenue!!!

American corporations are already sitting on billions of dollars in profits they're not investing in the American economy. What will happen is this money will be repatriated, and paid out in dividends to the stockholders, since this cash certainly isn't needed to fund jobs here. Corporations have more than enough cash from their American operations to do that.

Thankfully we have such a business hating business expert among us.

Now, do you think increasing taxes and regulations, or decreasing taxes and regulation would make it more likely for these evil corporations to invest into American economy? Just wondering...

I think that if these corporations were inclined to invest in the American economy, they have had plenty of opportunity to do so in the past 8 years. Anyone who thinks that taxes and regulations are driving business away, really doesn't like like clean water, or infrastructure improvements, safety conscious employers, or working in buildings which are built to code and in no danger of collapsing, while receiving a living wage.

There are 5 million jobs in the US which employers can't fill. How about putting some of that cash to work retraining people to fill those jobs?

Apparently, you didn't read the part where Ireland lowered taxes, at the expense of their middle class, and got no jobs in the bargain. If the idea is to create jobs, cutting taxes doesn't work.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Screen Shot 2016-08-14 at 12.29.32 AM.png

Clearly Ireland's GDP growth is well above our own. They have recovered far better than the US has, in terms of economic improvement.

The middle class of Ireland is clearly by any measure doing better after the tax cut, than it was before.

Unless you think high unemployment is a boost to the middle class?

And obviously a growing economy over all, is better for the middle class, than a shrinking economy, unless you think recession is the best thing for the middle class?

Your comment makes no logical sense.

Yes, companies have declined to invest as much as they did prior to the 2007 crash. Which is logical...

Thought experiment:

You want to open a store. You can pick anywhere to open the store. Do you pick a place where you can earn $200,000 a year? Or someplace where you'll earn $50,000 a year?

Obviously, unless you are a moron, you'll open your store, where you'll make a far greater income.

Well the biggest offset to profit, is the minimum wage. You jacked up the minimum wage from $5.25, to $7.25, and start screaming you want $15.... and then say "I think that if these corporations were inclined to invest in the American economy, they have had plenty of opportunity to do so in the past 8 years."

Hello..... yeah, you are right. Brilliant.

The second biggest cost is regulations. You know... like health care regulations, and banking regulations, and environmental regulations?

And by the way, you talk about clean air and clean water? Yeah, go take a look at Greece. Doesn't matter if you have clean air and water, if you are dying of starvation, and everyone is leaving the country, because you HAVE NO JOBS.

You would have the US living in wasteland, of mud huts, with "clean water and air" after driving out all the jobs.

Forum List

Back