Sleeping giant' glacier may lift seas two metres: study

But, dumb fucks, the ice caps of Greenland and Antarctica contain millions of cubic miles of water, all of which will raise the sea level worldwide.

But, dumb fucks, the ice caps of Greenland and Antarctica contain millions of cubic miles of water, all of which will raise the sea level worldwide.
The polar ice caps all melted in 2013 and we had until 2012 to take action if we stood a chance to reverse manmade global warming.

So relax, turn up the A/C and buy that Suburban you've always eyed.

I'm not as smart as these " ekzpurtz".
Answer me a question. If'n you put a whole bunch of softball sizeded ice cubes in a bigass cooler, then top it to the very brim with water. Got it ? What happens when the ice melts ?
I rest my case. Case closed

Dear Lick Me

The ice of the Arctic is floating on the ocean's surface and will have no effect on sea level save that it's disappearance will decrease the Earth's albedo causing the ocean to absorb radiant energy at an increased pace. The ice of Greenland and Antarctica, however, is on land. It melting and running into the ocean most distinctly WILL raise the world's sea level.

Dear Lick Me

The ice of the Arctic is floating on the ocean's surface and will have no effect on sea level save that it's disappearance will decrease the Earth's albedo causing the ocean to absorb radiant energy at an increased pace. The ice of Greenland and Antarctica, however, is on land. It melting and running into the ocean most distinctly WILL raise the world's sea level.
Another 3 inches?

Dear Lick Me

Another 3 inches?
No, ignorant ass, about 78 meters.

Dear Lick Me

Another 3 inches?
Well, since so much of the ice caps have already melted (actually gone by 2012) and according to crickety it's only risen 3". Long way to go

Dear Lick Me

Another 3 inches?
Well, since so much of the ice caps have already melted (actually gone by 2012) and according to crickety it's only risen 3". Long way to go
Well now, you can continue to be a silly ass, or you can look up how much it has actually risen, and what the rate of increase in the rise is at present. You might also consider using Google Scholar to find what the scientists see happening in the coming decades.

Dear Lick Me

Another 3 inches?
Well now, you can continue to be a silly ass, or you can look up how much it has actually risen, and what the rate of increase in the rise is at present. You might also consider using Google Scholar to find what the scientists see happening in the coming decades.
Crickety says its risen 3". Did he lie?

Do you need help with this?

sl_ns_global.png

tide gauges say 2mm/yr and satellites say 3mm/yr, although the satellites cannot actually be checked against anything.

2mm/yr is about 8 inches per century. 3mm/yr is about a foot per century. many, many projections are calling for SLR of over one whole metre by 2100. you do the math.

Obviously, the estimates require a continuation of the acceleration we've already witnessed over the last 135 years.. Projections say temperatures will continue to increase. Increasing temperatures will increase the melt rate and the amount of thermal expansion. YOU do the math.

Obviously, the estimates require a continuation of the acceleration we've already witnessed over the last 135 years.. Projections say temperatures will continue to increase. Increasing temperatures will increase the melt rate and the amount of thermal expansion. YOU do the math.

therein lies the problems. a continuation of the acceleration. its hard enough trying to close the numbers for 2mm/yr, let alone the 20+mm/yr that will be necessary in the future to meet your goals

projections?/forecasts? which models are you using? RCP8.5? how exactly do the climate sensitivity figures keep getting lower and yet....no change in the forecasts for 2100? odd that.

Forum List

Back