Six qualities needed by the next POTUS

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2009
More at the link, I highlighted the six mentioned. I totally agree with Gates on all six points

A 2016 checklist from a man who knows what it takes

Robert Gates, who served the last two presidents as secretary of defense, is not known for pulling punches. And he leaves no jabs or hooks left unthrown in an op-ed in the Washington Post describing “The kind of president we need.”

Excerpted below are the qualities Gates lists. I’ll let y’all comment on which qualities apply to the various candidates running for president now. But be forewarned, if you say all of them — even the one about being honest with the public — apply to Hillary Clinton, I’m just going to laugh at you.

1) “We need a president who understands the system of government bequeathed to us by the Founders — and grasps the reality that with power divided among three branches of government, building coalitions and making compromises are the only ways anything lasting can get done. …

2) “Our next leader needs to speak truthfully to the American people. ‘Spinning’ has been a part of the political process since ancient Greece, but as mistrustful as most Americans are today of political leaders, the new president must speak candidly and honestly to the people. …

3) “The next president must be resolute. He or she must be very cautious about drawing red lines in foreign policy, but other leaders must know that crossing a red line drawn by the president of the United States will have serious — even fatal — consequences.”

4) “Our new leader must be a problem-solver. Recently, we have elected presidents with a conservative agenda or a liberal agenda.

5) “We need a president who is restrained. Restrained to respect the prerogatives of the other branches of government. Restrained in rhetoric, avoiding unrealistic promises, exaggerated claims of success and dire consequences if his or her initiatives are not adopted exactly as proposed.

6) “Finally, the most important quality for our next leader at this juncture in our history: The new president must be a true unifier of Americans.

A 2016 checklist from a man who knows what it takes | Kyle Wingfield

5) “We need a president who is restrained. Restrained to respect the prerogatives of the other branches of government. Restrained in rhetoric, avoiding unrealistic promises, exaggerated claims of success and dire consequences if his or her initiatives are not adopted exactly as proposed.

6) “Finally, the most important quality for our next leader at this juncture in our history: The new president must be a true unifier of Americans.

So that's not Trump then. Trump is the opposite of restrained and unifying.

Rubio perhaps?

THE SIX MAIN QUALITIES NEEDED TO BE THE NEXT PRESIDENT :

(1) Must be 110% pro-America
(2) Must be 110% pro-America
(3) Must be 110% pro-America
(4) Must be 110% pro-America
(5) Must be 110% pro-America
(6) Must be 110% pro-America

**** That'll take care of everything anyone could possibly list.

THE SIX MAIN QUALITIES NEEDED TO BE THE NEXT PRESIDENT :

(1) Must be 110% pro-America
(2) Must be 110% pro-America
(3) Must be 110% pro-America
(4) Must be 110% pro-America
(5) Must be 110% pro-America
(6) Must be 110% pro-America

**** That'll take care of everything anyone could possibly list.
yeah,
6390097_700b.jpg

More at the link, I highlighted the six mentioned. I totally agree with Gates on all six points

Robert Gates, who served the last two presidents as secretary of defense, is not known for pulling punches. And he leaves no jabs or hooks left unthrown in an op-ed in the Washington Post describing “The kind of president we need.”

Excerpted below are the qualities Gates lists. I’ll let y’all comment on which qualities apply to the various candidates running for president now. But be forewarned, if you say all of them — even the one about being honest with the public — apply to Hillary Clinton, I’m just going to laugh at you.

1) “We need a president who understands the system of government bequeathed to us by the Founders — and grasps the reality that with power divided among three branches of government, building coalitions and making compromises are the only ways anything lasting can get done. …

2) “Our next leader needs to speak truthfully to the American people. ‘Spinning’ has been a part of the political process since ancient Greece, but as mistrustful as most Americans are today of political leaders, the new president must speak candidly and honestly to the people. …

3) “The next president must be resolute. He or she must be very cautious about drawing red lines in foreign policy, but other leaders must know that crossing a red line drawn by the president of the United States will have serious — even fatal — consequences.”

4) “Our new leader must be a problem-solver. Recently, we have elected presidents with a conservative agenda or a liberal agenda.

What a bunch of platitudinous nothing.

With your candidates quality......................I'd say you are correct about the Hildabeast............she is unfit to be a Girl Scout Troop Leader.

Because it will never suit your agenda, America is sick of what is going on, that's why Trump is popular. They don't want to pay for your healthcare, they want to feel safe, they are sick and tired of the politics, the divide.

Attributes of a Great Leader................Non politically correct version.................

We need Honesty.............even if the truth hurts.............We've had enough to the Habitual Liars...........

We need Morality..........A leader with no morals.........reverts back to the 1st..........Liars.........

We need a President with Common Sense.........to make common sense decisions even if they go against the politics of the day...........

We need a ProActive Leader not another REACTIVE LEADER............

We need a Leader that doesn't dwell on the failures of the Past.......aka of excuses............and is willing to admit when he makes mistakes......

We need a leader who knows how to Win Wars...........even if it means taking off the gloves and ending ROE's........

We need a leader who believes in the Constitution and it's principles..............Not to go around them.......

and many more................a good start would be an HONEST, MORAL, AND COURAGEOUS POTUS.

Because it will never suit your agenda, America is sick of what is going on, that's why Trump is popular. They don't want to pay for your healthcare,

Trump is on record praising single-payer healthcare.

As long as I'm not paying for some deadbeat's they can do what they want, this garbage of fining someone because they can't afford healthcare is absurd. Yes, I personally know a couple who got the notice, they had insurance, the rates were jacked so high they couldn't afford them and then got fined. WTF?

I'd settle for someone who isn't a petulant narcissist.

Just sayin'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back