Singer Meat Loaf dies aged 74

I hit a kid in the head with a shot put in HS, it wasn't that big a deal, he walked around with a giant knot on his head for two weeks but otherwise wasn't hurt. He was, and is, a hardheaded dipshit anyway.
It was a bit worse for ML...serious concussion, unconscious for a while, and horribly sensitive to noise for a while.

"i will never allow them to use the term legend or superstar for me. i'm just another human being"

Sad news from the music world. Marvin Lee Aday, better known as Meatloaf, passed away yesterday at the age of 74.

Many don't realize how much he actually accomplished. The album "Bat Out Of Hell" remained on the charts for over nine years, making it one of the best selling albums of all time.

RIP, Meat...
Michael Lee Aday.

Meatloaf has finally been released from his vow……

I'm praying for the end of time
It's all that I can do
Praying for the end of time,
So I can end my time with you!
I thought he escaped his marriage(s). And he should have gotten vaccinated. I sorta wonder how he got into Australia without them ... but I'm not curious enough to care to find out. LOL

He was a pretty good actor. The movie "Black Dog" was his best. I guess he was overweight his whole life. His nickname was "meat" that evolved into "Meatloaf".

He was a pretty good actor. The movie "Black Dog" was his best. I guess he was overweight his whole life. His nickname was "meat" that evolved into "Meatloaf".
his neighbors called him Mr Loaf, according to FOX News' Janice Dean, whose husband was a neighbor of Meat Loaf's!

It was a bit worse for ML...serious concussion, unconscious for a while, and horribly sensitive to noise for a while.
The kid I hit was only about 15 feet away, maybe less, and I think the shot he was hit with traveled much farther, having much more velocity, so yea, that's more serious.

I knew that.

Not sure where I got Marvin from...
The article at the start of this thread: Dallas-born singer was born Marvin Lee Aday but also known as Michael, and got his nickname when his dad said he looked as red as meat at birth, before a high school football coach added the "loaf".

You've lost your mind.

It continues to sell some 200,000 copies every year. In the UK, only two albums have remained on the charts longer than "Bat Out Of Hell". Those would be "Dark Side Of The Moon" by Pink Floyd and "Rumors" by Fleetwood Mac.

Any way you slice it, "Bat Out Of Hell" is a great album...

I have heard of him while I was growing up, but his music wasn't played much here. It wasn't until recent years I heard his music and began to like it.

Forum List

Back