CDZ Singapore's Anti-Corruption Act vs America's

Picaro

Gold Member
Oct 31, 2010
Texas
Singapore's Act worked wonders for Singapore's economy, while ours is a joke. Why does Singapore's law work while ours doesn't?

Prevention of Corruption Act - Singapore Statutes Online

Prevention of Corruption Act | Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau

We Can Criminalize Corruption by Passing This Law.

In 1960, Singapore was just as much a corrupt shithole as the rest of Asia, now it is the most stable and wealthy 'Little Tiger' in the region, and ranks 8th on the global scale of least corrupt places to do business, while we are down around number 20. I think we're actually lower than 20 due to a lack of coverage and means to find all of it, really.

I know it will shock the left and right wingers and 'globalists' and make them wet themselves, but the fact is strong laws against stealing, embezzling, graft, along with a strong dedication to patriotism and national interests make for far better economies and political stability.

In 1960, Singapore was a province of Malaysia, a province mostly ignored by the leaders in Kuala Lumpur because of its Chinese majority.

In 1963, after decades of racial strife between the different ethnic groups that make up Singapore, it became independent of Malaysia.

Singapore made rapid economic development under the authoritarian government of Lee Kuan Yueh. In the last 20 years, Singapore has become much more open and socially inclusive but crime and systemic corruption remains quite low.

In 1960, Singapore was a province of Malaysia, a province mostly ignored by the leaders in Kuala Lumpur because of its Chinese majority.

In 1963, after decades of racial strife between the different ethnic groups that make up Singapore, it became independent of Malaysia.

Singapore made rapid economic development under the authoritarian government of Lee Kuan Yueh. In the last 20 years, Singapore has become much more open and socially inclusive but crime and systemic corruption remains quite low.

Maybe because of the punishments?

Have you read about the latest barbaric one awaiting a British citizen?

They actually enforce theirs, for one. Anybody violating theirs and expecting a free pass is nearly always disappointed, as I'm sure that Brit is.

It remains low because they still enforce the law there. Their 'diversity' is not about letting anyone in, they're very selective in their immigration policies. I've done several contracts there, on their LPG port mainly, and you don't see a lot foreigners in charge of their projects, and outside of a few contractors like myself working on key areas. The main foreigners I saw working there were Korean welders and machinists, and one Indian engineer handling foundation work.

Violations are pretty rare there, so it's not a big deal.

It is, when the skin is flayed off your back side.

What surprises me is the people who are prepared to do that job.

What did he do? The kid who thought it would great to smuggle heroin got less, and many sniveled about that, but I personally have little empathy for dope dealers and their friends. Their victims usually suffer worse.

What did he do? The kid who thought it would great to smuggle heroin got less, and many sniveled about that, but I personally have little empathy for dope dealers and their friends. Their victims usually suffer worse.

He's getting 20 years in jail for his arrogance. Isn't that enough?

Doesn't answer mu question: What did he do? Certainly wasn't littering.

Something to do with drugs.

And he knew full well.

Something to do with drugs.

And he knew full well.

Most people know how strict they are about drugs. I don't feel sympathetic to him, most drug dealers are scum of the lowest sort. Caning them is fine with me.

Forum List

Back