Singapore to end ban on gay sex

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
About time they joined the 21st century eh?

Singapore will repeal a law that bans gay sex, effectively making it legal to be homosexual in the city-state.
The decision, announced by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong on national TV, comes after years of fierce debate.
The city-state is known for its conservative values, but an increasing number of people have called for the colonial-era 377A law to be abolished.
Singapore is the latest Asian country to move on LGBT rights, after India, Taiwan and Thailand.
The government's previous stance was to keep 377A but it also promised not to enforce the law, as a way to appease both sides.
But on Sunday night, Mr Lee said they would abolish the law as "I believe this is the right thing to do, and something that most Singaporeans will accept," he said.
He noted that "gay people are now better accepted" and scrapping 377A would bring the country's laws in line with "current social mores, and I hope it will bring some relief to gay Singaporeans".
But he also said the government would ensure better legal protection for the definition of marriage as one between a man and a woman. This would effectively make it harder for gay marriage to be legalised.

He said Singapore remains a traditional society with many keen on maintaining family and social norms.

Singapore will repeal a law that bans gay sex, effectively making it legal to be homosexual in the city-state.
The decision, announced by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong on national TV, comes after years of fierce debate.
The city-state is known for its conservative values, but an increasing number of people have called for the colonial-era 377A law to be abolished.
Singapore is the latest Asian country to move on LGBT rights, after India, Taiwan and Thailand.
The government's previous stance was to keep 377A but it also promised not to enforce the law, as a way to appease both sides.
But on Sunday night, Mr Lee said they would abolish the law as "I believe this is the right thing to do, and something that most Singaporeans will accept," he said.
He noted that "gay people are now better accepted" and scrapping 377A would bring the country's laws in line with "current social mores, and I hope it will bring some relief to gay Singaporeans".
But he also said the government would ensure better legal protection for the definition of marriage as one between a man and a woman. This would effectively make it harder for gay marriage to be legalised.

He said Singapore remains a traditional society with many keen on maintaining family and social norms.

Singapore to end ban on gay sex​

Oh boy that’s such great news….man on man ass sex and men swapping shit with their penises is so fucking cool.

Good for you. So have you booked your flight there yet?

That's good news!

I understand that Singapore had kept its gay ban (inherited from the Brits) because some people with certain religions opposed gay relations.

Of course, it still executes drug smugglers.

That's why some wag has described that small island as "Disneyland with the death penalty."

Singapore to end ban on gay sex​

Oh boy that’s such great news….man on man ass sex and men swapping shit with their penises is so fucking cool.
That has zip to do with the ethics of making it a crime.

Of course, the nuance of that quite escapes you, I'm sure~

Best you buy your ticket early and beat the rush!

Way too predictable dude--try better

How "predictable" would it be of you to stand up for gay sex and congratulate them because they "joined the 21st century"?

Is sodomy, same-sex marriage, transsexualism, and pedophilia supposed to be the new norm for the 21st century?

How "predictable" would it be of you to stand up for gay sex and congratulate them because they "joined the 21st century"?

Is sodomy, same-sex marriage, transsexualism, and pedophilia supposed to be the new norm for the 21st century?
Stupid. You equate pedophilia with same-sex marriage? That pretty much says it all eh?

The new norm..ideally will be a place where bigots such as yourself are relegated to the status of pariahs.

I can see it coming...I bet you can too~

Stupid. You equate pedophilia with same-sex marriage? That pretty much says it all eh?

The new norm..ideally will be a place where bigots such as yourself are relegated to the status of pariahs.

Let's see now: Some goober named after a character in a Li'l Abner comic strip doesn't do butt sex, but he thinks it's the greatest thing in the world and everyone should be doing it?

I'm not buying that. Go peddle that shit somewhere else. The world already has enough AIDS, Hepatitis, Monkeypox, depression, suicides, drug abuse, alcoholism, and dysfunctional families.

Last edited:
Let's see now: Some goober named after a character in a Li'l Abner comic strip doesn't do butt sex, but he thinks it's the greatest thing in the world and everyone should be doing it?

I'm not buying that. Go peddle that shit somewhere else.
....or....thinks that laws to mandate prohibitions on sexual acts between consenting adults are an invasion of privacy and should be abolished.
You see, you miss the point entirely.

But I get it..that you are not capable of seeing the difference.

....or....thinks that laws to mandate prohibitions on sexual acts between consenting adults are an invasion of privacy and should be abolished.
You see, you miss the point entirely.

But I get it..that you are not capable of seeing the difference.

So now you've gone from a left-wing big government statist, to a big "but muh fweedoms" libertarian, eh? :laughing0301:

Forum List

Back