Signed more legislation, even broke the record of Harry Truman.....

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
At least according to Trump. He said yesterday that he has signed more legislation into law than Harry Truman. But, the news agencies decided to check into that and have found out that isn't true. Trump seems to think that his EO's are the same as actual legislation that is signed into law.

Just more bullshit from the hyperbolic bloviating blowhard Cheeto in Chief.

Trump has signed the fewest bills by this point in any modern president's term, research shows

President Donald Trump often brags of his "record setting" term, but the 45th president has signed the fewest bills so far compared to all administrations dating back to President Dwight D. Eisenhower.

By Thursday, his 336th day in office, Trump has signed just 94 bills into law, eight fewer than President George W. Bush and 24 fewer than President Barack Obama over the same period, according to GovTrack, which tracks bills in Congress.

The president has boasted he’s signed the most bills of any president since Truman, which was true at one point, but has not been accurate since Trump's 101st day in office, when his pace slowed, GovTrack research shows.

“We’ve signed more bills—and I’m talking about through the legislature—than any president, ever,” Trump said at a “Made in America” event at the White House in July. “For a while, Harry Truman had us. And now, I think, we have everybody.”

Not true.

The GovTrack review follows Trump’s enthusiastic celebration of the new tax bill that passed on Wednesday, when Trump gloated his administration had “records all over the place.” The president is expected to sign the 185-page bill in January.

President Trump will also have to put his John Hancock on a Congressional bill that will avert a government shutdown, which is expected to be passed by Friday's deadline. And, obviously, other bills will be passed by the Republican-controlled Congress that Trump will chose to sign rather than veto.

But numbers aren’t everything, the website points out. Presidents can sign a high number of bills into law, but that doesn’t mean each bill is important. Trump has signed 10 bills this year naming post offices, crating memorials, and naming citizens to boards, GovTrack reports.

ZjEwYzFiODYzZiMvM2JWOHJ4M1hyQXNZYWZmT3Rwb0ZZanJkc29ZPS9maXQtaW4vOTAweDkwMC9maWx0ZXJzOm5vX3Vwc2NhbGUoKTpxdWFsaXR5KDgwKS9odHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzLm1pYy5jb20vOHhzeG5kems2a3U0aGpqdHllZjhlbHBkZndhMDZ0bmRsM2dmb2FjY3FsdXRvcG1qYXhhZnRjMnZodmc1eWp0Yy5naWY=.gif

You know, I'm wondering how people can believe Trump's hyperbolic b.s. when nowadays there are things like the internet where you can actually check the facts. Even if you don't believe the news media, you can at least hear what they say and check it out for yourself.

Guess Trump thinks he's still in the boardroom and thinks that nobody will check him on his claims. Only trouble is......................when it comes to government, there is almost always a paper trail that can be checked.

You know, I'm wondering how people can believe Trump's hyperbolic b.s. when nowadays there are things like the internet where you can actually check the facts. Even if you don't believe the news media, you can at least hear what they say and check it out for yourself.

Guess Trump thinks he's still in the boardroom and thinks that nobody will check him on his claims. Only trouble is......................when it comes to government, there is almost always a paper trail that can be checked.
I've had to work with insufferable asses like Donald before and people like that are all hot air...I don't understand why people believe his bullshit anymore than what Charles Manson babbled...

Trump has created his own little world, where the world revolves around Donald...Donald is the best...At living his delusions as reality......I've know pot smokers that had a better grip on reality while high...

At least according to Trump. He said yesterday that he has signed more legislation into law than Harry Truman. But, the news agencies decided to check into that and have found out that isn't true. Trump seems to think that his EO's are the same as actual legislation that is signed into law.

Just more bullshit from the hyperbolic bloviating blowhard Cheeto in Chief.

Trump has signed the fewest bills by this point in any modern president's term, research shows

President Donald Trump often brags of his "record setting" term, but the 45th president has signed the fewest bills so far compared to all administrations dating back to President Dwight D. Eisenhower.

By Thursday, his 336th day in office, Trump has signed just 94 bills into law, eight fewer than President George W. Bush and 24 fewer than President Barack Obama over the same period, according to GovTrack, which tracks bills in Congress.

The president has boasted he’s signed the most bills of any president since Truman, which was true at one point, but has not been accurate since Trump's 101st day in office, when his pace slowed, GovTrack research shows.

“We’ve signed more bills—and I’m talking about through the legislature—than any president, ever,” Trump said at a “Made in America” event at the White House in July. “For a while, Harry Truman had us. And now, I think, we have everybody.”

Not true.

The GovTrack review follows Trump’s enthusiastic celebration of the new tax bill that passed on Wednesday, when Trump gloated his administration had “records all over the place.” The president is expected to sign the 185-page bill in January.

President Trump will also have to put his John Hancock on a Congressional bill that will avert a government shutdown, which is expected to be passed by Friday's deadline. And, obviously, other bills will be passed by the Republican-controlled Congress that Trump will chose to sign rather than veto.

But numbers aren’t everything, the website points out. Presidents can sign a high number of bills into law, but that doesn’t mean each bill is important. Trump has signed 10 bills this year naming post offices, crating memorials, and naming citizens to boards, GovTrack reports.

trump is just a LYING, low self-esteemed charlatan......and his CULT, just eats up the sit he hands out to them......LOL

Trump has created his own little world, where the world revolves around Donald...Donald is the best...At living his delusions as reality......I've know pot smokers that had a better grip on reality while high...

Only problem is, his followers seem to live in the same little bubble.

Only problem is, his followers seem to live in the same little bubble.
Yeah that's a given...There are brainless sheep everywhere...

Like I said, why would someone lie about something like this when it is too easy to check?

I mean, after all he does have a couple of accomplishments. He could have kept talking about the tax bill, that while I personally think it's going to screw over the middle class, it IS a historic accomplishment because it hasn't been done in a long time.

Guess he doesn't know when to stop patting himself on the back. I'm surprised he hasn't broken his arms yet.

He doesn't do it alone, I bet he doesn't dress alone..

Sunnimon is an ultra LEFT wing troller......I mean, who could REALLY BE THAT STUPID, and still manage to turn on a "puter all by himself?

Like I said, why would someone lie about something like this when it is too easy to check?

I mean, after all he does have a couple of accomplishments. He could have kept talking about the tax bill, that while I personally think it's going to screw over the middle class, it IS a historic accomplishment because it hasn't been done in a long time.

Guess he doesn't know when to stop patting himself on the back. I'm surprised he hasn't broken his arms yet.
Dementia, alzheimer's to name two I have had to deal with..They used to call it senility...

Our beloved Pres. Trump doesn't lie about anything.

The commie media and lefty lying Dem's are always twisting his words and misquoting him. .... :cool:

There was no misquoting. Trump actually said that he has signed more legislation than Truman, and that is demonstrably false.

And no...................EO's aren't the same as actual legislation that is passed into law.

Appropriately, our leader the Liar in Chief is closing out his first-year as President with a uuuuge monster lie and his cult followers are slurping it up.

Forum List

Back