Signatures

MaggieMae

Reality bits
Apr 3, 2009
I have no problem with what's said, or pictures, because I usually read/see them once then ignore them anyway.

But I wish there was a way to permanently delete some of those great big long ones that stretch out the screen for an entire page of postings so you have to navigate back and forth across the screen to read all the text posted by everyone else. Is there?

I have no problem with what's said, or pictures, because I usually read/see them once then ignore them anyway.

But I wish there was a way to permanently delete some of those great big long ones that stretch out the screen for an entire page of postings so you have to navigate back and forth across the screen to read all the text posted by everyone else. Is there?
You can permanently turn everyone's sigs off, but not selected ones. There is supposed to be a rule on size but it is only sometimes enforced.

Here just lately, the doctor told me to cut back on the sigs... I mean cigs. I get so confused.

You can permanently turn everyone's sigs off, but not selected ones. There is supposed to be a rule on size but it is only sometimes enforced.

I just turned it off, but now I'll wait to see if an entire page doesn't get expanded anyway. Hopefully that will take care of it. Thanks.

Those big sigs used to stretch out my page, too, when I used Internet Explorer. Now I use Firefox. It's smart enough to contain those sigs in the window as I have sized it. I am sold on Firefox.

Those big sigs used to stretch out my page, too, when I used Internet Explorer. Now I use Firefox. It's smart enough to contain those sigs in the window as I have sized it. I am sold on Firefox.

I've tried to download Firefox and no one can figure out why the download will only allow me to get so far. (I've even asked for and followed advice here.) I get the message:
FIREFOX IS CONFIGURED TO USE A PROXY SERVER THAT IS REFUSING CONNECTIONS

I have Verizon DSL, and the only thing I haven't tried is reloading that whole system and starting from scratch, but IE8 has been working fine for a few months now, so I don't worry about it anymore. I only use this computer for a few things anyway.

Thanks. I wish I could do Firefox (or even Google Chrome, which I haven't tried yet).

I just turned it off, but now I'll wait to see if an entire page doesn't get expanded anyway. Hopefully that will take care of it. Thanks.

It is much nicer that way Maggie. I have had mone turned off since I have bveen on here I think.
Why keep reading the same thing over and over.
Kinda like watching political pundits.

It is much nicer that way Maggie. I have had mone turned off since I have bveen on here I think.
Why keep reading the same thing over and over.
Kinda like watching political pundits.

I hadn't even looked at edit options in ages, and missed that one, so I had forgotten it existed.

I've tried to download Firefox and no one can figure out why the download will only allow me to get so far. (I've even asked for and followed advice here.) I get the message:
FIREFOX IS CONFIGURED TO USE A PROXY SERVER THAT IS REFUSING CONNECTIONS

In Firefox go to Tools - Options - Advanced - Network - Settings - and check (Use System Proxy Settings) Should work.

Or if you use a proxy add it there. A trace route should find proxy but I am not on an internal net today to verify. C:\>tracert usmessageboard.com Anyone know?

How to Find Out My Proxy Server Address | eHow.com

PS I use Firefox, Opera, Safari and Chrome. I stay away from IE. Opera is fastest on a slow PC or connection.

Last edited:
You can go to edit options in your user CP and scroll to the bottom and make it to where you do not see anyone' signature. But that would block every signature. Just so you know :eusa_angel:

I just wish we had the ignore thread option under thread tools.
It is available in the software package.

Just unsubscribe and you'll soon forget about it. At least I do.

I do that but it keeps showing up when I pull up new threads.

I can live with it. It is an imperfect world. If it were perfect someone would nail Becks head to his chalkboard.

I think an industrial staple gun would be more fun. :lol:

Forum List

Back