What is the difference between the Flame Zone and the Romper Room anyway?

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Can someone (preferably Gunny or a moderator) please explain to me and the rest of the board, the difference between the Flame Zone and the Romper Room and why we need both?

Lately, I've seen several threads, started in the flame zone, that are essentially your typical flame thread, get moved to the romper room.

here is one such example:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-romper-room/130590-mia-pathetic-usmb-members-tea-party-rally.html

Now just to be clear, I'm not questioning the decisions of moderators here, I'm just trying to understand.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
I'm not a mod and I don't play one on TV........and I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night. All that being said, it seems the Flame Zone is where you can be an asshole. The Romper Room is for when you cross the boundary into being an asshat.

Sounds like a distinction without a difference to me.

You can pretty much determine the line by looking at who posts in the Flame Zone and their posts remain there. Then look at which users dominate the Romper Room. There is your dividing line for assholiness and asshatedness. It is just the latest name for Lame Zone and Stupid Shit by Stupid People. Same users, just different forum name. Kind of like a fresh coat of paint.

• Banned

You can pretty much determine the line by looking at who posts in the Flame Zone and their posts remain there. Then look at which users dominate the Romper Room. There is your dividing line for assholiness and asshatedness. It is just the latest name for Lame Zone and Stupid Shit by Stupid People. Same users, just different forum name. Kind of like a fresh coat of paint.

It used to be pretty rare for a flame zone thread to get moved to the romper room (or any of it's previous incarnations).

Now it's commonplace.

So tell me, what is different now?

except in the lame zone, no one could post there. so you could look at what people wrote, and marvel at their idiocy like circus freaks. but not help perpetuate their lameness by commenting on it.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
  • Banned

except in the lame zone, no one could post there. so you could look at what people wrote, and marvel at their idiocy like circus freaks. but not help perpetuate their lameness by commenting on it.

And...

most of the threads that were moved there were not started in the flame zone. I used to think it was sort of an unwritten rule that if you started that shit in one of the legitimate discussion forums, your penalty was having it relegated to the lame zone to die. But if you started it in the flame zone like you're supposed to, it stayed open (unless it got out of hand).

Now it's like we have two flame zones with no clear distinction. That is why I asked the question in the first place.

I'm not a mod and I don't play one on TV........and I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night. All that being said, it seems the Flame Zone is where you can be an asshole. The Romper Room is for when you cross the boundary into being an asshat.

But what if you start out as an asshat...like Dante?

The perpetuation of other's lameness is a necessity if we want any chance of restoring honor.

I'd be Impressed if whoever Moved the Thread to the Romper would make a Comment in the Thread of why...

Maybe Discuss it a little.

Seems it's just a, "I don't like that" Thread for whomever with the Ability to Move Threads.

Malcontentent Good Idea #1

I'd be Impressed if whoever Moved the Thread to the Romper would make a Comment in the Thread of why...

Maybe Discuss it a little.

Seems it's just a, "I don't like that" Thread for whomever with the Ability to Move Threads.

Malcontentent Good Idea #1

And not an ounce of Rep?...

You only PosRep Bad Ideas?... :lol:

:)

peace...

What are you talking about?

I repped you!

(Several hours later, but still...)

Can someone (preferably Gunny or a moderator) please explain to me and the rest of the board, the difference between the Flame Zone and the Romper Room and why we need both?

Lately, I've seen several threads, started in the flame zone, that are essentially your typical flame thread, get moved to the romper room.

here is one such example:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-romper-room/130590-mia-pathetic-usmb-members-tea-party-rally.html

Now just to be clear, I'm not questioning the decisions of moderators here, I'm just trying to understand.

bump.gif

PixieStix standards for the Romper Room are:

1. Stupid
  2. No value for even the flame Zone
  3. Waste of Bandwidth
But that is just me :razz: :party: :lol:

Forum List

Back