Sick and tired of US debate on raising the min. wage.

Something else to consider. The minimum wage in my area is currently $10.00 per hour. I make $14.00. Raising the MW to 15 would give me an extra dollar per hour, yes, but now I'm only making MW. There's a reason I'm making 40% more. That would be a crushing blow to my morale.
no. only your social ego. your capital self should be happier with a raise in income.

With all due respect, Daniel...the left has been trying to "solve" poverty since LBJ was in office and we're no closer to that happening now than we were then...and that's after throwing mega trillions of dollars at the problem! You really want to help poor people? Get them jobs. Give them the opportunity for improving their job skills. The rest will take care of itself! If you want to keep people mired in poverty forever...give them handouts and make them comfortable with making minimum wage!
Thank goodness for modern broadband times and quantum supremacy. We really have not excuses now. Solving simple poverty by solving for capitalism's natural rate of unemployment is more cost effective and provides greater respect for individual liberty. Unemployment compensation is an effective automatic stabilizer for our economy. If capitalist's really want to consider Profits over the People, labor should at the very least have recourse to equal protection of the laws for unemployment compensation in our at-will employment States.

Isn't it amazing though...that the poorest people seem to reside in cities run for decades by liberal Democrats? Why hasn't liberal policies in THOSE cities created wealth for the poor, Daniel? Care to take a crack at explaining that?
Not really. There is simply more opportunity in big cities. Every person in a City is a potential market participant in any given market. More rural areas tend to be more "hunter gatherer" in their capacity to find meaningful work for their population.

Once those kiosks are installed...those jobs are gone for good! What part of that concept is so hard for you on the left to grasp?
We don't need low wage jobs in our first world economy. It can be more economically cost effective to simply pay them to circulate capital in our market economy, a the form of a minimum wage that solves simple poverty.

Let's look at this from the other end. The MW isn't enough because everything is so expensive. So from now on if it costs $10 to bring a product to market, the price for it is $12, here on out the most that can be charged is $8.
ETA Or to a price point where anyone making MW can afford it.

Last edited:
I'll give it at least 6 months before the hue and cry will be a $20 MW. I suggested earlier the MW should be $ 1,500,000,000,000 an hour. Everyone will be living in mansions and driving Ferraris.

We have two years to increase minimum wage
Once Republicans control either House in Congress, they will block any increases for another decade

If you have worked twelve years for minimum wage...you have failed in life.
Diminishing returns to scale is what working for too low minimum wage a minimum wage is the problem.

It really should be easy enough for some on a minimum wage high enough to be able to easily succeed in capital life as anyone else with enough money.
How about the old American way of learning a high paying TRADE? Something they don't teach in Expensive ,worthless Liberal Arts Colleges.

I'll give it at least 6 months before the hue and cry will be a $20 MW. I suggested earlier the MW should be $ 1,500,000,000,000 an hour. Everyone will be living in mansions and driving Ferraris.

Once Republicans control either House in Congress, they will block any increases for another decade
Good. Let them eat cake! Are there no Prisons? Are there no Workhouses?

You are going to be visited by four ghosts
Maybe they can straighten you out

If you have worked twelve years for minimum wage...you have failed in life.
Diminishing returns to scale is what working for too low minimum wage a minimum wage is the problem.

It really should be easy enough for some on a minimum wage high enough to be able to easily succeed in capital life as anyone else with enough money.
How about the old American way of learning a high paying TRADE? Something they don't teach in Expensive ,worthless Liberal Arts Colleges.
That doesn't work for everyone. For that it doesn't, unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed in our at-will employment States may be enough

You are going to be visited by four ghosts
Maybe they can straighten you out
Off with their Heads! To the LIONS with them! (hehe)

Isn't it amazing though...that the poorest people seem to reside in cities run for decades by liberal Democrats? Why hasn't liberal policies in THOSE cities created wealth for the poor, Daniel? Care to take a crack at explaining that?
Not really. There is simply more opportunity in big cities. Every person in a City is a potential market participant in any given market. More rural areas tend to be more "hunter gatherer" in their capacity to find meaningful work for their population.
So if there are more opportunities in big cities then why are cities that have been run by liberals for generations like New York, Detroit, Chicago and Los Angeles doing so badly? Why haven't the liberal policies in those cities turned them into worker paradises?
"Hunter Gatherer"? LOL You don't really know how people live in the "fly over" areas of this country...do you, Daniel?

Do you have two years because that's how long it's going to take for a whole bunch of American people to realize that all of the things that Joe Biden promised them...all of the "freebies"...were nothing more than lies to buy their votes?
You've got two years because that's the next time the people get to vote you out and it sounds like you're scared that's exactly what's going to happen! What does that say about the agenda the Democrats are now giving the country?

So if there are more opportunities in big cities then why are cities that have been run by liberals for generations like New York, Detroit, Chicago and Los Angeles doing so badly? Why haven't the liberal policies in those cities turned them into worker paradises?
"Hunter Gatherer"? LOL You don't really know how people live in the "fly over" areas of this country...do you, Daniel?
Yes, there are more opportunities in cities, ceteris paribus.

And, I have no idea what you are talking about.

The economy of Los Angeles is driven by international trade, entertainment (television, motion pictures, video games, music recording, and production), aerospace, technology, petroleum, fashion, apparel, and tourism.[citation needed] Other significant industries include finance, telecommunications, law, healthcare, and transportation. In the 2017 Global Financial Centres Index, Los Angeles was ranked as having the 19th most competitive financial center in the world, and sixth most competitive in United States (after New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, and Washington, D.C.).[137]--https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles#Economy

Do you have two years because that's how long it's going to take for a whole bunch of American people to realize that all of the things that Joe Biden promised them...all of the "freebies"...were nothing more than lies to buy their votes?
You've got two years because that's the next time the people get to vote you out and it sounds like you're scared that's exactly what's going to happen! What does that say about the agenda the Democrats are now giving the country?
The republicans seem to have the most problem raising the minimum wage.

Forum List

Back