Should we vote for the man or his policies?

I vote for the one who will first most benefit me and mine, and the nation.

The Democrats have nothing to offer to either.
You must be upper middle class because republicans have the rest of amErica surviving on crumbs.

Cuts to social security and Medicare

3 in 10 have no emergency savings

21% don’t save any of their annual income

20% save 5% or less

28% save 6-10%

10% save 11-15%

Only 16% of Americans are saving more than 15%.

70% arent saving enough.

Yet the CEOs of the companies these people work for have never been richer.

America was great when 35% of our workforce were in unions. Today 10% are in unions. And in those 30 years labor has gotten screwed but ceo bonus’ have skyrocketed. The rich have waged war on the middle class because we made too much.

So they hired illegals to do jobs Americans did and sent manufacturing jobs overseas.

Trump may bring manufacturing jobs home but will the jobs pay well?
I haven't noticed any cuts to Social Security or Medicare and America was great because it had no competition from the forties to the early sixties which was the heyday of the unions, not because of the unions. As for savings, the president has nothing to do with that, saving is a part of lifestyle, people who save chose to not indulge their every whim and save money by only doing necessary things. I've never had problems saving, but I tended to drive cars until the wheels fell off rather than buy new ones every time I paid one off. I never took expensive vacations, didn't buy expensive clothes or haircuts. I was raised poor so I learned how to economize and spend my money wisely once I managed to move up into the middle class.
aHow old are you? What did you do for a living? What annual income?
I'm 67 now, I was a Systems Tech for a TELCO because I sacrificed to get a good job. As to what I made, it's none of your business, but I made a good middle class income by working hard.

You must be upper middle class because republicans have the rest of amErica surviving on crumbs.

20% save 5% or less

28% save 6-10%

10% save 11-15%

70% arent saving enough.

America was great when 35% of our workforce were in unions. Today 10% are in unions. And in those 30 years labor has gotten screwed but ceo bonus’ have skyrocketed. The rich have waged war on the middle class because we made too much.

So they hired illegals to do jobs Americans did and sent manufacturing jobs overseas.

I haven't noticed any cuts to Social Security or Medicare and America was great because it had no competition from the forties to the early sixties which was the heyday of the unions, not because of the unions. As for savings, the president has nothing to do with that, saving is a part of lifestyle, people who save chose to not indulge their every whim and save money by only doing necessary things. I've never had problems saving, but I tended to drive cars until the wheels fell off rather than buy new ones every time I paid one off. I never took expensive vacations, didn't buy expensive clothes or haircuts. I was raised poor so I learned how to economize and spend my money wisely once I managed to move up into the middle class.
So 71% of Americans are to blame?

$54-62,000 was median household income in 2018. Average number in the home 2.52 people.

With college, cost of living, Mortgage, insurances, I can’t see how you people do it. I make over $85k, live alone and have no debt and it’s not like my bank account piles up. It did before I maxed out my 401k but now that I have I probably only save an additional $20k a year. And that because I don’t buy shit! In fact I have a side gig where I get all my spending money.

So if you crunch the numbers and are honest, you’ll see that it’s almost impossible for the median household to save any Significant amount of money.

Im lucky I can save an addition $20,000 a year but in ten years that will only be around $300,000 when you factor in compounding interest.

So I’m saving enough but how many of the rest of you are? Especially if this person has student debt then plans to have kids. They’re fucked. This is the new america. Nothing like when I grew up.

20% save 5% or less

28% save 6-10%

10% save 11-15%

70% arent saving enough.

Trump is proposing cuts to social security and Medicare to pay for his tax breaks in 2018. And bush tried too.

Social security is going to run out of money in 2035. Expect a 20% cut. But you’ll be ok right? You’ll bend over and take it. Hell, you voted for it. But im sure you
l blame Barney frank, Pelosi, biden, gore, clinton. But you won’t blame repub

I know what you cons will do. You’ll blame both parties.

Well, blame yourself
It's been common knowledge that Social Security will run out of money soon for decades. Both parties ion congress have refused to deal with the problem. The only thing that will happen in 2035 is that congress will have to pay for Social Security out of the general fund. Cutting benefits to people who have been FORCED to pay into the system for their entire working life is a non-starter.
Lik I said, 20% cut to payments in order to save the program.

God how many republicans deny this

20% save 5% or less

28% save 6-10%

10% save 11-15%

70% arent saving enough.

I'm 67 now, I was a Systems Tech for a TELCO because I sacrificed to get a good job. As to what I made, it's none of your business, but I made a good middle class income by working hard.
Point is, your generation was paid well. No shit you saved. And remember getting 10% on saving accounts? Did you go to college? You didn’t have to back then. And if you did, it was inexpensive"

You boomers are the absolute worst

3kl8lfaow3m51.png

Only 29% of Americans are financially healthy. The rich have never been richer. It wasn’t always this way. When unions made up 35% of our workforce the middle class was booming but the Rich paid republicans to stop raiding illegal employers and start sending all those high paying jobs to Mexico and China.

Now trump wants to build a wall and bring jobs home? He’s all talk. He won’t bring the high paying jobs home. The companies who come back won’t pay taxes or as well as they did before. And republicans want to play wack a mole with illegal workers but ignore illegal employers
e786r2aug3m51.png

In Conrad Black's opinion piece in today's The Hill, he writes about Peggy Noonan's column in the WSJ which is against Trump. Fair enough, but if her reasons are as Black suggests, then I have something of a problem with that. Obviously, we all have the right to choose, but my argument is on the reasons we should use to make that call. So, this isn't another thread about who you should vote for, but why you should pick this one over that one. Black writes:

Noonan has not been militantly hostile to most of Trump’s policies. She is, after all, a Reagan Republican and no great friend, politically speaking, of most Democrats. While she never gave Trump much credit for anything, she did not dispute his economic success, renunciation of the Paris climate and Iranian nuclear agreements, renegotiation of trade deals, building the wall on the southern border, identifying China’s threat or helping to conciliate Israel and a number of Arab powers. Her objections to Trump have been almost entirely to his garish personality and awkward administrative style, punctuated by endless indiscretions, frequent changes of personnel and fierce (if often humorous) disputes with former close colleagues.

Noonan might agree with many of Trump’s policies but she is unable to abide him as a person, especially in the great office he holds. With her latest column she elaborates on the evolution of her views, moving from an attack on Trump as a person to a formidable defense of Joe Biden as a plausible president. It is not an easy sell.

This is Noonan's column that appeared in the WSJ:

Trump gives us many reasons to dislike him IMHO, but what I am saying is that the decision for who to vote for should be based on policies rather than personalities. I would rather have a total asshole in the WH who does things that are in the best interests of the United States than a helluva nice guy who doesn't. Not just for us but for the generations which follow us. I see a huge difference between Trump and Biden; if you don't then so be it.
Piggy Noonan is an Open Borders Globalist.

20% save 5% or less

28% save 6-10%

10% save 11-15%

70% arent saving enough.

Point is, your generation was paid well. No shit you saved. And remember getting 10% on saving accounts? Did you go to college? You didn’t have to back then. And if you did, it was inexpensive"

You boomers are the absolute worst
They were indeed...
No excessive Off-Shoring (which you love)
No Trespassers (which you love)
No Business Visas (which you love)

Now make up some bullshit to defend yourself.

3kl8lfaow3m51.png

Only 29% of Americans are financially healthy. The rich have never been richer. It wasn’t always this way. When unions made up 35% of our workforce the middle class was booming but the Rich paid republicans to stop raiding illegal employers and start sending all those high paying jobs to Mexico and China.

Now trump wants to build a wall and bring jobs home? He’s all talk. He won’t bring the high paying jobs home. The companies who come back won’t pay taxes or as well as they did before. And republicans want to play wack a mole with illegal workers but ignore illegal employers
e786r2aug3m51.png

(Billy hands you your sippy-cup and waves you off.)

20% save 5% or less

28% save 6-10%

10% save 11-15%

70% arent saving enough.

Trump is proposing cuts to social security and Medicare to pay for his tax breaks in 2018. And bush tried too.

Social security is going to run out of money in 2035. Expect a 20% cut. But you’ll be ok right?

Unless the whole economy collapses yes, I will.

Know why? Because I was never taught to expect the government to take care of me.

As a former Democrat, now stanch independent, I only vote on policies not the person. Ones record is taken into consideration when validating ones policies, promises. Trump has a three year record, Biden a carrier spent milking the cow and financially feathering the bed of his children, family members, and himself, at our expense.
3 year record of failure, the pandemic response being the worst.
The administration's pandemic response was unprecedented in the history of the USA.

The con is that there are those the believe the government should provide everything you need, regretfully for them there is a offsetting cost, ones freedom. Self reliance, work ethic, thriftiness, are for those suckers that provide the taxes to sustain those that bumble through life depending on the government to cover for their shortsightedness, stupidity. It is the cost directly related to what is known as the consumer based economy coupled with the I want it now and pay for it later syndrome, and if that wont work whine about it.

Public universities would benefit the nation a lot.

IOW, free education?
Life isn't binary.

The answer is, both.

Sometimes life is binary, sometimes not. In this case the choice is definitely binary, either Trump or Biden will be our next president and there is no 3rd option. Not at this point anyway, so each of us has to make some decisions, all of which are also binary:

Do I vote for someone to be our next president or not?

If I do vote, do I vote for one of the 2 major candidates or a 3rd party candidate that has no chance to become the next president?

If I choose to vote for one of the 2 major candidates, which one?

If the answer to that 3rd question is YES, then what criteria do I use to decide, the man or his policies? Ultimately, one of those 2 criteria is more important, one has more weight than the other. It's not like one does not consider both, I get that. But each of us has to decide for ourselves, am I going to vote based on my feelings for each man or my judgement of his policies, which matters most?

All of that said, some refuse to make a choice, which is their right. But if there are many such people who do not vote then they will individually and collectively have to live with whatever choice the people who did vote have made. It's like believing some bad could happen and I have the chance to prevent it, but did nothing. I can't do that.

3kl8lfaow3m51.png

e786r2aug3m51.png
Hell, Bob Woodward busted trump for downplaying the virus, for lying to us, and it cost lives, and you’re still going to vote for him?

Thousands of lives. Makes the two who died in Benghazi seem like nothing.

And according to trump the two who died in Benghazi were losers

20% save 5% or less

28% save 6-10%

10% save 11-15%

70% arent saving enough.

Social security is going to run out of money in 2035. Expect a 20% cut. But you’ll be ok right?

Know why? Because I was never taught to expect the government to take care of me.
Most Americans including you are going to need your social security and Medicare. Without them you will never be able to retire.

In Conrad Black's opinion piece in today's The Hill, he writes about Peggy Noonan's column in the WSJ which is against Trump. Fair enough, but if her reasons are as Black suggests, then I have something of a problem with that. Obviously, we all have the right to choose, but my argument is on the reasons we should use to make that call. So, this isn't another thread about who you should vote for, but why you should pick this one over that one. Black writes:

Noonan has not been militantly hostile to most of Trump’s policies. She is, after all, a Reagan Republican and no great friend, politically speaking, of most Democrats. While she never gave Trump much credit for anything, she did not dispute his economic success, renunciation of the Paris climate and Iranian nuclear agreements, renegotiation of trade deals, building the wall on the southern border, identifying China’s threat or helping to conciliate Israel and a number of Arab powers. Her objections to Trump have been almost entirely to his garish personality and awkward administrative style, punctuated by endless indiscretions, frequent changes of personnel and fierce (if often humorous) disputes with former close colleagues.

Noonan might agree with many of Trump’s policies but she is unable to abide him as a person, especially in the great office he holds. With her latest column she elaborates on the evolution of her views, moving from an attack on Trump as a person to a formidable defense of Joe Biden as a plausible president. It is not an easy sell.

Trump gives us many reasons to dislike him IMHO, but what I am saying is that the decision for who to vote for should be based on policies rather than personalities. I would rather have a total asshole in the WH who does things that are in the best interests of the United States than a helluva nice guy who doesn't. Not just for us but for the generations which follow us. I see a huge difference between Trump and Biden; if you don't then so be it.
How about the policy of lying to us about the pandemic and costing thousands of Americans to needlessly die? Should you vote for a guy who only cares about getting re elected?

He said corona was no worse than the flu but now we know he knew it was 5 times worse.

If you’re still voting for trump you are deplorable

20% save 5% or less

28% save 6-10%

10% save 11-15%

70% arent saving enough.

Most Americans including you are going to need your social security and Medicare. Without them you will never be able to retire.

Right.

I've been "retired" from 9-5 routine for 20 years. I am gainfully self-employed. I work because I choose to. My assets and investments cover my retirement now, and likely will in the future, barring a planetwide disaster of metaphysical proportions.

I officially retired three years ago. My Social Security and pension are deposited every month into my entertainment fund. Since I was forced to pay into the scheme, I expect my checks to arrive every month until I check out of the hotel.

As a former Democrat, now stanch independent, I only vote on policies not the person. Ones record is taken into consideration when validating ones policies, promises. Trump has a three year record, Biden a carrier spent milking the cow and financially feathering the bed of his children, family members, and himself, at our expense.
LMBAO @ this hack calling himself a "staunch" independent.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

The Office of President of the United States is an office of trust. If we cannot believe the man, it matters not what policies he might put forth. Consider Mussolini, who put a depressed nation back to work and murdered those who opposed him.

Forum List

Back