Should we have another 9 Supreme Court Justices to increase the number of cases ruled on each year?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
The democrat party wants to pack the Supreme Court because the courts are the one place they can pass their agenda without having to get votes for it........

My question....how about another 9 Justices on the Supreme Court independent of the 1st 9, so that more cases can be reviewed and covered each year....they would be separate and not mixed in with the first 9, taking their own cases rather than making the court 18....

I don't think this would be Unconstitutional, since the composition of the court leaves it up to congress.......right?

Of course......after Trump wins and can appoint those 9 justices...

Yes its left up to Congress and when we take control of the Senate who know what we will do

Its all on the table. I also think Biden should hire his son for AG and his DIL can have an office in the WH.

Double the cases, elect 9 more judges.

NO.jpg

The Republicans have let it be known that if it’s legal they’ll do it, traditions and norms be damned.

They will reap what they have sown.

The democrat party wants to pack the Supreme Court because the courts are the one place they can pass their agenda without having to get votes for it........

My question....how about another 9 Justices on the Supreme Court independent of the 1st 9, so that more cases can be reviewed and covered each year....they would be separate and not mixed in with the first 9, taking their own cases rather than making the court 18....

I don't think this would be Unconstitutional, since the composition of the court leaves it up to congress.......right?

I think it is unconstitutional. "The judicial Power of the United States, shall be vested in one supreme Court" (U.S. Const. art. III, S 1, cl. 1)

The Republicans have let it be known that if it’s legal they’ll do it, traditions and norms be damned.

They will reap what they have sown.
After 100 years of Dems doing so, it's about fucking time the dog-shit Republican party started fighting fire with fire.

Ends justify the means, right?

Already, in your first sentence, you lie.

or you’re ignorant as to what ‘court-packing’ means.
Court-packing is exactly what Republicans have been doing for decades, w/their final crescendo taking place as we type.

The Democrats ought to add 20 to 21 new judges to the Supreme Court.

Court-packing is exactly what Republicans have been doing for decades, w/their final crescendo taking place as we type.
Good god, you guys are stupid.

No one has been packing the supreme Court for decades. For decades, nine jurors have occupied it.

No they haven't. The number had been at 9 for over a ccentur. FDR, democrat, actually did try to pack the courts.

No they haven't. The number had been at 9 for over a ccentur. FDR, democrat, actually did try to pack the courts.
Democrats have tried to pack it, and have intimated a near-future attempt to do it again. Only MoronATL would think otherwise.

The number of judges on the SC was set at nine, by the Judiciary Act of 1869. It would require a functional Congress and a presidential signature to change that and even if Biden somehow won, they would have to win both houses of Congress.

Good god, you guys are stupid.

No one has been packing the supreme Court for decades. For decades, nine jurors have occupied it.
He didn’t say the supreme court. I guess you’re the stupid one.

Forum List

Back