Should this guy go to prison?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TAMPA — Jeremy Michael Brown is a former U.S. Army special forces soldier and one-time congressional candidate in Tampa. He’s also a self-identified member of the far-right Oath Keepers extremist group.

Prosecutors say he was among the rioting crowd Jan. 6 at the U.S. Capitol, where he was photographed in military garb, a tactical vest and carrying surgical shears and zip ties. When federal agents searched his Palm River area home last week, they said they found a short-barrel rifle, a sawed-off shotgun, more than 8,000 rounds of ammunition and two hand grenades.

“You made a specific threat to law enforcement,” the judge told Brown. “And that’s something I can’t ignore.”

CWUNODKC5JAA7I34ATSOSRAYOU.jpg

All those weapons are useable by a militia.

He's probably going to prison for the hand grenades unless they are dummies used for training.

You think he should go to prison?
Should Comey, Mc Cabe, Brennan, Clapper, and Fauci go to prison for lying to Congress?

They don’t have to present evidence to you
They will present it at the trial

So why are you automatically assuming that he's going to prison when he hasn't even had a trial yet? He won't be known as guilty until he is found guilty.

We have a legal system
This guy broke the law and threatened law enforcement

Maybe. I have seen no evidence to support the cl
They don’t have to present evidence to you
They will present it at the trial

Actually, they had to present it to a judge first. Then there will be a prelim, and then, if that judge deems there to be enough evidence, then there will be a trial.

Clearly they do things differently in china than they do here.

You should go back.

TAMPA — Jeremy Michael Brown is a former U.S. Army special forces soldier and one-time congressional candidate in Tampa. He’s also a self-identified member of the far-right Oath Keepers extremist group.

Prosecutors say he was among the rioting crowd Jan. 6 at the U.S. Capitol, where he was photographed in military garb, a tactical vest and carrying surgical shears and zip ties. When federal agents searched his Palm River area home last week, they said they found a short-barrel rifle, a sawed-off shotgun, more than 8,000 rounds of ammunition and two hand grenades.

“You made a specific threat to law enforcement,” the judge told Brown. “And that’s something I can’t ignore.”

CWUNODKC5JAA7I34ATSOSRAYOU.jpg

All those weapons are useable by a militia.

He's probably going to prison for the hand grenades unless they are dummies used for training.

You think he should go to prison?

Oath Keepers aren't extremists......blm and antifa are violent terrorist groups of the democrat party, but Oath Keepers are not extremists...

No. Did he use any of them to commit a crime?

If not, then no.

For the guns? No. If he was making threats. maybe.

Both the sawed off shotgun and the sawed off rifle are felonies, but not severe felonies.

The grenades are explosives. Explosives that are designed to shoot out thousands of steel fragments at much higher velocities than a rifle or pistol can produce. It's a felony to own one, but a much, much greater felony.

All of these fall under the National Firearms Act of 1934. The same law that says we can't own modern fully auto weapons.

Both the sawed off shotgun and the sawed off rifle are felonies, but not severe felonies.

The grenades are explosives. Explosives that are designed to shoot out thousands of steel fragments at much higher velocities than a rifle or pistol can produce. It's a felony to own one, but a much, much greater felony.

I understand they are illegal. I do not believe they should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back