Should there be an LGBTQ rating on TV and Movies?

Should TV and Movies have an LGBTQ label at the start if it contains that type of content?

• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tshrimp

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2021
Not California
I have always liked that movies and TV have a disclaimer of what type of content is being aired in the show or movie. This has always helped me decide if I want to watch a show. If I don't want to watch violence or sex, I know this isn't the movie for me or my children. With gay sex scenes being much more graphic than what is being allowed for heterosexual sex scenes these days, should we have a declaimer at the beginning letting media consumers know what they are about to watch? It would allow us to decide if our child, or even ourselves, should go see a specific movie being shown at a theater as well. For parents, it would allow them to be prepared to discuss such topics knowing it will come up during the show.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

My first thought is I can't remember where graphic standards for movie ratings are any different for heterosexual or homosexuals for the same ratings.

Just because two guys or two gals get it on to the same degree that is depicted for a guy and a gal does not make it more graphical within the G, PG, PG+13, or R realms.

WW

I have always liked that movies and TV have a disclaimer of what type of content is being aired in the show or movie. This has always helped me decide if I want to watch a show. If I don't want to watch violence or sex, I know this isn't the movie for me or my children. With gay sex scenes being much more graphic than what is being allowed for heterosexual sex scenes these days, should we have a declaimer at the beginning letting media consumers know what they are about to watch? It would allow us to decide if our child, or even ourselves, should go see a specific movie being shown at a theater as well. For parents, it would allow them to be prepared to discuss such topics knowing it will come up during the show.

Thoughts?

Well, on one hand such a rating would save the wife and I lots of time considering we've started watching countless TV shows lately that start off good and then rapidly devolve into freak fests. Perhaps we need a rating which warns people born before 1980 that they'll want to throw a real brick at the television if they watch it.

I have always liked that movies and TV have a disclaimer of what type of content is being aired in the show or movie.
While I agree with your concern, I fear it is an exercise in futility in today's PC television environment. There is not a show on prime time that does not fly in the face of previous social norms. Every prime time offering on television has at least one gay relationship, one mixed race relationship and sometimes a trans character. You cannot escape it on prime time. The media is trying to convince us that these fringe minorities are somehow common place. Television has become a tool of social engineering.

My first thought is I can't remember where graphic standards for movie ratings are any different for heterosexual or homosexuals for the same ratings.

Just because two guys or two gals get it on to the same degree that is depicted for a guy and a gal does not make it more graphical within the G, PG, PG+13, or R realms.

WW
I figured someone would focus on that one section I posted, so I probably should have worded it better. This was meant for any show containing LGBTQ content of any kind. Even kids show without any sex. Since it is parents that should be responsible for discussing sexual orientation with their kids.

While I agree with your concern, I fear it is an exercise in futility in today's PC television environment. There is not a show on prime time that does not fly in the face of previous social norms. Every prime time offering on television has at least one gay relationship, one mixed race relationship and sometimes a trans character. You cannot escape it on prime time. The media is trying to convince us that these fringe minorities are somehow common place. Television has become a tool of social engineering.

At least us older folks remember a time before. Kids on the other hand will be completely taken and brainwashed by such filth.

I figured someone would focus on that one section I posted, so I probably should have worded it better. This was meant for any show containing LGBTQ content of any kind. Even kids show without any sex. Since it is parents that should be responsible for discussing sexual orientation with their kids.

The only sex oriented conversation parents should have with kids involves one heterosexual man and one heterosexual woman. Anything else is cultural Marxism.

Sounds like back peddling to me since you said: "With gay sex scenes being much more graphic than what is being allowed for heterosexual sex scenes these days,..."

I simply asked how the same type of scenes falling under the same rating standards are more graphical for gays than are allowed for straights?

WW

Sounds like back peddling to me since you said: "With gay sex scenes being much more graphic than what is being allowed for heterosexual sex scenes these days,..."

I simply asked how the same type of scenes falling under the same rating standards are more graphical for gays than are allowed for straights?

WW
Well it was an entire paragraph where you took one sentence to form an incorrect interpretation of my post. ANY LGBTQ content.

Well it was an entire paragraph where you took one sentence to form an incorrect interpretation of my post. ANY LGBTQ content.

How was it incorrect when I asked specifically about what you wrote? Did you not say ""With gay sex scenes being much more graphic than what is being allowed for heterosexual sex scenes these days,..."?

I'm simply questioning that different standards apply.

WW

How was it incorrect when I asked specifically about what you wrote? Did you not say ""With gay sex scenes being much more graphic than what is being allowed for heterosexual sex scenes these days,..."?

I'm simply questioning that different standards apply.

WW
Sentences have supporting information around them, and is why we have paragraphs. You may understand this if we were teaching English instead of CRT and Gender Studies. However, If you want to focus on the one thing, and not the intent of the poll, yes they are applying different standards on what they are showing for heterosexual sex and homosexual sex.

Sentences have supporting information around them if you ever took an English class. However, If you want to focus on the one thing, and not the intent of the poll, yes they are applying different standards on what they are showing for heterosexual sex and homosexual sex.

That's what you claim. I've not seen it.

Just because intimacy might involve guys/guys or gals/gals instead of guys/gals - does not mean that the standards are different.

But at the end of the day I really don't mind Content Warnings are expanded to include:
  • "For some disturbing thematic materials, violence, heterosexual sexuality, and brief drug use.", or
  • "For some disturbing thematic materials, violence, homosexual sexuality, and brief drug use.", or
  • "For some disturbing thematic materials, violence, heterosexual sexuality, homosexuality and brief drug use.".
I'm fine with that as long as the warnings are consistently applied.

1653424926117.png

Sounds like back peddling to me
How about this? A rating for degenerate lifestyles. I fail to see a comparison between natural heterosexual sex scenes and a couple of confused degenerates that can't figure out that the act of sex is procreation which can be beautiful, enjoyable and yes, fun. Sounds to me like you are trying to justify degenerate lifestyles.

Forum List

Back