Should The Media Do Away With Election Night Coverage?

Independentthinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
Not too long ago we could tune in to the media's election night coverage and find out who won which elections. Sometimes we knew fairly early. Sometimes we had to wait up until 3AM But, now it is getting to be a regular thing of not knowing who won what until days afterward. So, what's the point of having election night coverage if we aren't going to know who won on election night? Seems like a waste of time to me when we could have been watching reality shows or streaming Gilligan's Island episodes instead. So, should the media do away with election night coverage?

Not too long ago we could tune in to the media's election night coverage and find out who won which elections. Sometimes we knew fairly early. Sometimes we had to wait up until 3AM But, now it is getting to be a regular thing of not knowing who won what until days afterward. So, what's the point of having election night coverage if we aren't going to know who won on election night? Seems like a waste of time to me when we could have been watching reality shows or streaming Gilligan's Island episodes instead. So, should the media do away with election night coverage?
If these accounts go on for weeks at a time, the coverage is going to be stupid, useless, and boring.

The election coverage will go away itself if this continues.

You know that what you are seeing on election night are not official results of the election right?

What you see on election night is extrapolation by the media outlets on who they "project" the winner to be.

WW

They knew the results last night or by this morning. They are simply stringing this out for ratings. Look at the numbers. They stopped reporting count changes after midnight, then trickled out minor changes all day, building up the fake ass drama until prime time. Pathetic.

Don't mind me guys, just here for my evening cup...

RepublicanTears-standard-can-cooler-incontext.jpg

#LOLGOP #TooFunny #CLASSIC

Forum List

Back