Should the First amendment be repealed?

Isn’t it Trump who constantly refers to the free press as “the enemy of the people.” Trumpists and Trump himself are great at projection. You constantly resort to Stalinist and authoritarian language and then attribute to others your own words. OP get some cojones. Admit that you hate the free press and what to repeal the 1st Amendment. You know you do.
But Trump saying that is because we have freedom of speech. He never once indicated curbing their rights to speak.

The press lies all the time, like saying that Trump once tried to ban all Muslims from coming to the US with his travel ban. That was an outright lie that was politically motivated.

As for the press being my enemy, I will say that they are definitely not my friend.
Really, You think the frivolous lawsuits filed against the NYTs and other media outlets is not an attempt to bully the media into silence?
No, and they are not frivolous. They are aimed at making the media stop lying and misrepresenting facts.

If there's any doubt that the media is the enemy of the people, consider this:

As Trump’s poll numbers continue to rise, the media has begun censoring his press conferences.

Media continue to make their coverage choices based on whether they believe it will harm or help Trump.

"The political media have been working extremely hard to craft a narrative that the spread of the coronavirus was essentially the fault of the man they had blamed for all other ills in recent years. How could the people not accept that narrative, particularly considering that most everyone in the media was pushing it?
Things got worse when additional polls showed Trump receiving high ratings at the same time that the media received poor ratings. A brand new Gallup study "Coronavirus Response: Hospitals Rated Best, News Media Worst" was particularly bad news. When Americans were asked about nine different institutions and political leaders, they gave majority approval to all but the media. President Trump has a 22-point net approval rating while the media's net approval rating was negative 11 points. The RealClearPolitics approval average for Trump was its highest during his entire presidency.

In response, the media were angry and depressed and began blaming his press conferences. Their theory seemed to be that the more Americans saw Trump, unfiltered, they liked him and the more Americans saw the behavior of the media, they didn't like it. This flies in the face of what many in the media assumed for years. They pushed for daily White House press conferences so that they could have the opportunity to be on camera and pressure the Trump administration. Now that they had daily press briefings with the president, no less, they weren't happy. It was a weird response for a group of people whose ostensible job is to simply report the news of the day. "

As Trump's Poll Numbers Rise, Media Begin Censoring Press Conferences

231_png-1335993.JPG

222_png-1335991.JPG

Isn’t it Trump who constantly refers to the free press as “the enemy of the people.” Trumpists and Trump himself are great at projection. You constantly resort to Stalinist and authoritarian language and then attribute to others your own words. OP get some cojones. Admit that you hate the free press and what to repeal the 1st Amendment. You know you do.

The Press does everything they can to twist Trumps words every time he speaks, and you wonder why he fights back?

Progressive losers like you are the people that want to gut the 1st and 2nd amendment, not people on the right.
The press quotes Trump and snowflakes like yourself think they are twisting Trump's words. You Trumpists really are a joke.

The only loser I see on this board are Trumpers like yourself who prostrate themselves to defend every insipid comment that comes out of Trump's mouth.

Like your side claiming he said coronavirus was a hoax when he was talking about Dems trying to blame his actions for it?

But Trump saying that is because we have freedom of speech. He never once indicated curbing their rights to speak.

The press lies all the time, like saying that Trump once tried to ban all Muslims from coming to the US with his travel ban. That was an outright lie that was politically motivated.

As for the press being my enemy, I will say that they are definitely not my friend.
Really, You think the frivolous lawsuits filed against the NYTs and other media outlets is not an attempt to bully the media into silence?
You mean like frivolous impeachment trials

Politics sucks.

Isn’t it Trump who constantly refers to the free press as “the enemy of the people.” Trumpists and Trump himself are great at projection. You constantly resort to Stalinist and authoritarian language and then attribute to others your own words. OP get some cojones. Admit that you hate the free press and want to repeal the 1st Amendment. You know you do.

You're mostly wrong.... but gosh if you had a nickle for every time you were wrong..... hmm?

Pres. Trump refers to the fake news as an enemy of the state, or I prefer the term "domestic terrorists". And he's right, as usual. The word "free" in free press just means they won't get locked up for lying or wreaking havoc on the republic. Or get spied upon.... only the KenyanKlown was permitted to spy on journalists.

You marxist fucks have proven you love a good book-burning as long as you're in charge of what gets burned.

Forum List

Back