Should the Duggar Family Sue the Oprah Winfrey Franchise?

What's this all about? What would you suggest?

• It's a political hit. Duggars sue.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • It's a simple revelation. It's fair to use someone's juvenile record to expose and destroy them.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • It's a random revelation. Not sure if the Duggars should sue or not.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • It's a random revelation. But the Duggars should sue anyway.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
According to the report I read he never raped anyone. He touched his sisters. He should not have done it and he confessed his sins and sought forgiveness. He is forgiven. It's settled.
Not if he is making his living from publicly proclaiming God. He must confess and repent publicly.

Silhouette, I didn't vote because you didn't have an option for - Grounds for lawsuit most likely but believe they should not sue. I do not believe it is legal to access a juvenile's record and put it out there in the news. The world needs to be very careful about troubling God's children.

it is written:
Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;

______
A little story about that. I met a gal at a church meeting once who told me that she had been troubled by a co-worker - if I recall correctly the man disliked Christians, knew she was one, and made a point to trouble her. She prayed to the LORD about it (I'm going by memory here so this may not be word for word exact, Silhouette) and reminded God of his promises such as the one you see above. Not long after he co-worker came into work with 2 broken arms - his car had been totaled and God reminded her of the Scripture.

Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;

As I said before, the world should beware of causing trouble for God's children. The Born again believer is grafted into the family of Abraham and God does not like anyone troubling His children!

Correction: "In Touch" appears to have outed the boy's juvenile record. So apply all the questions and responses thusly. Moderator can/should change the title etc to reflect who is responsible.

A stunning and very alarming report has emerged involving the Duggar family.

According to a recently uncovered police report,
Josh Duggar, one of the many stars of TLC's 19 Kids and Counting, allegedly molested five girls — some of whom, were reportedly his sisters — starting in 2002. He was around 14 at the time...
So a 14 year old, a minor, was experimenting sexually with other minors around his age. And the father went to the police with the information and put his son through that and counselling too. Family ashamed, hesitant as to what to do/how to handle this boy's surging hormones and the girls who engaged with him too.. What a shocker. Newsflash, 14 year old boy can't control himself, gets in trouble with father/police. Has to go to counseling.

This is a smear story, of course. One wonders who it was who dug into the boy's juvenile record. Aren't those supposed to be sealed? I wonder who could be behind dethroning someone fighting for traditional marriage?

This will destroy the otherwise wholesome show "19 Kids and Counting" in more than just killing it on TLC, it will sully Christianity forever in the minds of millions of viewers. And this of course was the ultimate goal.

Christians aren't perfect people. In fact, they come to the church and cling to it because they know precisely that they aren't perfect and wish to improve their lives day by day under the watchful eye of God. You might have heard sermons referring to everyone as "a sinner"? That's because that's the premise that the entire religion works off of.

Meanwhile yesterday was "Harvey Milk Day" in California where millions of school kids were forced to idolize a serial pervert who, aging into his 40s, was preying on young teen boys on drugs, runaways, one after the other in a fixed and untreated, unapologetic, even boastful sexuality that's celebrated by LGBTs (the wolf pack almost certainly behind the Oprah franchise that exposed Josh Duggar) "across the nation and the world"..

If I was the family, I'd sue the Oprah Winfrey enterprise that "broke the story" for destroying Josh Duggar's reputation for what he did and was punished for/put into rehabilitation for when he was a juvenile. I wonder what Oprah did as a juvenile and how would she react if it was used to completely destroy her financial enterprise?

This is a hit while the US Supreme Court deliberates the gay marriage question IMHO. As if two wrongs make a right. Or some orchestrated "logic" to "deduce" that if any Christian has sinned in their past, that automatically makes their religion ruined by association. You cannot become a Christian unless you are a sinner. It's the direction they want to head, not the achieved goal that matters. The direction the LGBT cult wants people to head is "why bother? Just do what feels good at the time no matter what". I'm sure they'd make excellent institutionally-blessed "parents".. Much better to place a child in a family that would never turn them into police for sexual experimentation than one who would..

Interesting how all this was spurred on. Read this (it's almost always an anonymous source when this stuff happens...particularly troubling when it comes to exposing people from a juvenile record):

At some point after Josh admitted the sexual abuse to his family, the police report states, a family friend apparently wrote a letter detailing the entire scandal, the family’s involvement, and the alleged victims. That letter was folded up and placed in a book, which was eventually loaned to a member of the Duggars’ church, who discovered the letter inside.

2006: A source only identified as “a 61-year-old woman” emails Harpo Studios ahead of the family’s scheduled appearance on the Oprah Winfrey Show and “warns” producers about Josh’s alleged sexual misconduct. From inTouch: Josh Duggar Accused of Molesting Several Sisters as a Teen Reports

So if I wanted to completely defame a juvenile (or use the juvenile record of a person to defame them as an adult) all I'd have to do is write to the Oprah Winfrey Show anonymously and "warn" them about alleged misconduct of the target (while he was 14 years old) and that's it: destruction complete!

Yep, I think she'd be suing ASAP. What would you do if it was your son? Or you as a 14 year old?

You brought up something I was wondering also. A minors records are sealed. Just by what means did the media obtain this information?

It was obtained by the Freedom of Information Act I believe.

Jeri, the family, if it was going to hold itself out as a Christian paragon, has to do full disclosure.

So your argument does not matter at all.

What does matter the Duggar repentance story continues in public as it should.

Lilah has the spirit of God, Jeri: listen.

Abraham walked with God but lied about Sarah claiming she was his sister because he was in fear for his life. King David walked with God and committed adultery with Bathsheba and later had her husband killed. Samson walked with God and slept with Pagan women - two betrayed him and the latter one was responsible for turning him over to the Philistines which resulted ultimately in his death.

A person's walk with God is between them and God and the LORD does not require us to go on television and confess our sins when we repented of them years ago!

It is written:
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Hear the words of David!

Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
Psalm 51:4

If God forgave this young mans sin when he was a boy of 14 yrs of age - then who are you to remind others of what God has already forgave? Have you no fear of the LORD, Jake?

Jeri, I have no fear of your false understanding of the bible. You demonstrate exactly why the literal path of the Bible is wrong. Abraham put his wife into adulterous shame once, Isaac his twice. God forgave David, and I hope he will the Duggars, you, and me. Samson committed sin, so do not hold him up as an example of goodness.

You must understand, Jeri, all sin, including yours and mine, will become known at some time. The Duggars attempted wrongly to portray a public life that was indeed not whole on the inside. They made money from it for being false. That is not God's way, and for you to protect the sinner from the effects of sin is certainly not God's way either.

When and if we are on TV portraying God's way then of course public acknowledgment and repentance of sin is the right way.

Have you no understanding of God and His way, Jeri?

Since you have an open dialogue with God, did he forgive Judas Iscariot?

Jeri, the Duggars story is playing out the way God wants it. All is in His Hands. Trust in Him, please.

God can forgive all he wants my friend, that is for the spiritual realm, render unto ceaser what is ceaser's and whatnot, there are people that are in jail for the rest of their lives because they had cannabis on their person when a police officer questioned them, these are men and women who were not hurting anyone at all, however they will spend the rest of their days in a cell while someone who claims moral superiority gets to apologize for RAPING at least five little girls and never see anything other than a counselor.
According to the report I read he never raped anyone. He touched his sisters. He should not have done it and he confessed his sins and sought forgiveness. He is forgiven. It's settled.
I do not know what strange fairytale land you live in sir but even if he only touched his 5 year old sister that is still what we here in America call Rape to do otherwise is to try and protect someone from their own actions, I would never wish this on anyone nor do I mean to insinuate it but if you walked in on a random 14 year old not raping but touching your 5 year old daughter do you mean to tell me you would be fine with him saying he was sorry?

Jeri, the family, if it was going to hold itself out as a Christian paragon, has to do full disclosure.

Abraham walked with God but lied about Sarah claiming she was his sister because he was in fear for his life. King David walked with God and committed adultery with Bathsheba and later had her husband killed. Samson walked with God and slept with Pagan women - two betrayed him and the latter one was responsible for turning him over to the Philistines which resulted ultimately in his death.

A person's walk with God is between them and God and the LORD does not require us to go on television and confess our sins when we repented of them years ago!

It is written:

Hear the words of David!

Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.

If God forgave this young mans sin when he was a boy of 14 yrs of age - then who are you to remind others of what God has already forgave? Have you no fear of the LORD, Jake?

Jeri, I have no fear of your false understanding of the bible. You demonstrate exactly why the literal path of the Bible is wrong. Abraham put his wife into adulterous shame once, Isaac his twice. God forgave David, and I hope he will the Duggars, you, and me. Samson committed sin, so do not hold him up as an example of goodness.

You must understand, Jeri, all sin, including yours and mine, will become known at some time. The Duggars attempted wrongly to portray a public life that was indeed not whole on the inside. They made money from it for being false. That is not God's way, and for you to protect the sinner from the effects of sin is certainly not God's way either.

When and if we are on TV portraying God's way then of course public acknowledgment and repentance of sin is the right way.

You say that in such a way as to doubt that god would talk to anyone, what is the foundation of your faith if you don't believe that your god talks to people? God has no place in our country's politics anyway, everyone tries to argue that we are a christian nation and that its what the forefathers intended and blah blah blah, the Constitution provides for the separation of church and State to try and mingle the two is unpatriotic at its least harmful treasonous at its worst.

I love that Sil is more upset with InTouch magazine then with a person that molested his siblings and others. Please Sil, tell us all again how much you care and want to protect children. Phony!

This story still has nothing to do with gay marriage.

Last edited:

It is written:

Hear the words of David!

Some say that even Jesus had instructed Iscariot to act as he did, but even he could not withhold his anguish and committed suicide. Or perhaps Peter, James, and John hung him. That is why we should take broad principles from scriptures and be so ever careful of strict, literal interpretations.

I am sure the Duggars meant and still mean well, but all sin eventually will become known.

Not if he is making his living from publicly proclaiming God. He must confess and repent publicly.

I do not know if the man is in public ministry today as a preacher. Do you? I am not that familiar with the family or television show, Jake. I do not watch the show. As he was 14 yrs of age I cannot believe he was in public ministry yet - which makes it a family matter not a matter for national attention. He repented at the age of 14 yrs of age. His sin was forgiven and forgotten. What then would he publicly repenting for? The sin was washed by the blood of Jesus Christ and erased, Jake.

I have known of at least one Spirit filled preacher who fell into the sin of adultery and he publicly repented on television to God, to his wife and to his ministry. Today he is restored and God is using him in ministry. He has been forgiven.

It is written:

Hear the words of David!

Some say that even Jesus had instructed Iscariot to act as he did, but even he could not withhold his anguish and committed suicide. Or perhaps Peter, James, and John hung him. That is why we should take broad principles from scriptures and be so ever careful of strict, literal interpretations.

I am sure the Duggars meant and still mean well, but all sin eventually will become known.

Judas had a free will and chose to betray Christ. He's in hell. You need to read the bible and take it literally. There is no mystery as to where Judas is at, Jake. Scripture makes that clear.

It is written:

Hear the words of David!

Judas had a free will and chose to betray Christ. He's in hell. You need to read the bible and take it literally. There is no mystery as to where Judas is at, Jake. Scripture makes that clear.

I have read the Bible and I know it was written by men some 300 and more years after Jesus lived.
If God forgave David, surely he could forgive Judas. How do you know that Judas didn't ask for forgiveness?

Jeri, you show your error in that you trust Biblical literalism. You give yourself into the arm of flesh when you do that.

If the Duggars are going to portray themselves as examples of the Path and the Way, their skirts needed to be free from sin.

Now the public knows. The Duggars can now get right with the Lord and His Path.

Please do not defend the sin being cleaned.

I have read the Bible and I know it was written by men some 300 and more years after Jesus lived.
If God forgave David, surely he could forgive Judas. How do you know that Judas didn't ask for forgiveness?
I do not know if He did or did not, and you do not. Could Jesus have forgave Judas? Sure. Did he? Neither you nor I know. Nor does Jeri.

God can forgive all he wants my friend, that is for the spiritual realm, render unto ceaser what is ceaser's and whatnot, there are people that are in jail for the rest of their lives because they had cannabis on their person when a police officer questioned them, these are men and women who were not hurting anyone at all, however they will spend the rest of their days in a cell while someone who claims moral superiority gets to apologize for RAPING at least five little girls and never see anything other than a counselor.
I do not know what strange fairytale land you live in sir but even if he only touched his 5 year old sister that is still what we here in America call Rape to do otherwise is to try and protect someone from their own actions, I would never wish this on anyone nor do I mean to insinuate it but if you walked in on a random 14 year old not raping but touching your 5 year old daughter do you mean to tell me you would be fine with him saying he was sorry?

Give me your source and the link which says he was charged with rape or else withdraw your accusation against him. Tell me, have you ever had sex with someone outside of marriage? Ever had an abortion? Every stole something? Told a lie? Read your horoscope?

If so, did you repent? Do you believe you were forgiven? Why can God not forgive this man as he has forgiven you your own sins? Do you think there is some difference between sins? Your sin and his? Some believe the sin they would never commit is far worse than those they themselves are guilty of. They are mistaken.

Sin is sin.

One act of disobedience in the garden was called sin and look at what it has cost the world! Again I repeat sin is sin! If you have been forgiven of your sins who do you think it is that wants to remind you of them? Satan. If Duggar has been forgiven of his sins (and he has) who do you think wants to use your tongue to accuse him?

Do not be an accuser of the brethren. Don't be a mouthpiece for Satan.

Jeri, you have no Godly power to ask others such thing or to make such charges. That is what a pharisee, a RC priest, an evangelical pastor, or a Pentecostal preacher would do. All without the power to do so.

Give me your source and the link which says he was charged with rape or else withdraw your accusation against him. Tell me, have you ever had sex with someone outside of marriage? Ever had an abortion? Every stole something? Told a lie? Read your horoscope?

If so, did you repent? Do you believe you were forgiven? Why can God not forgive this man as he has forgiven you your own sins? Do you think there is some difference between sins? Your sin and his? Some believe the sin they would never commit is far worse than those they themselves are guilty of. They are mistaken.

Sin is sin.

One act of disobedience in the garden was called sin and look at what it has cost the world! Again I repeat sin is sin! If you have been forgiven of your sins who do you think it is that wants to remind you of them? Satan. If Duggar has been forgiven of his sins (and he has) who do you think wants to use your tongue to accuse him?

Sin is sin.

Have you ever molested a 4 year-old baby girl?

Correction: "In Touch" appears to have outed the boy's juvenile record. So apply all the questions and responses thusly. Moderator can/should change the title etc to reflect who is responsible.

A stunning and very alarming report has emerged involving the Duggar family.

According to a recently uncovered police report,
Josh Duggar, one of the many stars of TLC's 19 Kids and Counting, allegedly molested five girls — some of whom, were reportedly his sisters — starting in 2002. He was around 14 at the time...
So a 14 year old, a minor, was experimenting sexually with other minors around his age. And the father went to the police with the information and put his son through that and counselling too. Family ashamed, hesitant as to what to do/how to handle this boy's surging hormones and the girls who engaged with him too.. What a shocker. Newsflash, 14 year old boy can't control himself, gets in trouble with father/police. Has to go to counseling.

This is a smear story, of course. One wonders who it was who dug into the boy's juvenile record. Aren't those supposed to be sealed? I wonder who could be behind dethroning someone fighting for traditional marriage?

This will destroy the otherwise wholesome show "19 Kids and Counting" in more than just killing it on TLC, it will sully Christianity forever in the minds of millions of viewers. And this of course was the ultimate goal.

Christians aren't perfect people. In fact, they come to the church and cling to it because they know precisely that they aren't perfect and wish to improve their lives day by day under the watchful eye of God. You might have heard sermons referring to everyone as "a sinner"? That's because that's the premise that the entire religion works off of.

Meanwhile yesterday was "Harvey Milk Day" in California where millions of school kids were forced to idolize a serial pervert who, aging into his 40s, was preying on young teen boys on drugs, runaways, one after the other in a fixed and untreated, unapologetic, even boastful sexuality that's celebrated by LGBTs (the wolf pack almost certainly behind the Oprah franchise that exposed Josh Duggar) "across the nation and the world"..

If I was the family, I'd sue the Oprah Winfrey enterprise that "broke the story" for destroying Josh Duggar's reputation for what he did and was punished for/put into rehabilitation for when he was a juvenile. I wonder what Oprah did as a juvenile and how would she react if it was used to completely destroy her financial enterprise?

This is a hit while the US Supreme Court deliberates the gay marriage question IMHO. As if two wrongs make a right. Or some orchestrated "logic" to "deduce" that if any Christian has sinned in their past, that automatically makes their religion ruined by association. You cannot become a Christian unless you are a sinner. It's the direction they want to head, not the achieved goal that matters. The direction the LGBT cult wants people to head is "why bother? Just do what feels good at the time no matter what". I'm sure they'd make excellent institutionally-blessed "parents".. Much better to place a child in a family that would never turn them into police for sexual experimentation than one who would..

Interesting how all this was spurred on. Read this (it's almost always an anonymous source when this stuff happens...particularly troubling when it comes to exposing people from a juvenile record):

At some point after Josh admitted the sexual abuse to his family, the police report states, a family friend apparently wrote a letter detailing the entire scandal, the family’s involvement, and the alleged victims. That letter was folded up and placed in a book, which was eventually loaned to a member of the Duggars’ church, who discovered the letter inside.

2006: A source only identified as “a 61-year-old woman” emails Harpo Studios ahead of the family’s scheduled appearance on the Oprah Winfrey Show and “warns” producers about Josh’s alleged sexual misconduct. From inTouch: Josh Duggar Accused of Molesting Several Sisters as a Teen Reports

So if I wanted to completely defame a juvenile (or use the juvenile record of a person to defame them as an adult) all I'd have to do is write to the Oprah Winfrey Show anonymously and "warn" them about alleged misconduct of the target (while he was 14 years old) and that's it: destruction complete!

Yep, I think she'd be suing ASAP. What would you do if it was your son? Or you as a 14 year old?
In 2002, there were five sisters living in the Duggar house: Jana, then 12; Jill, 11; Jessa, 10; Jinger, 9; and Joy-Anna, 5.

The Web Has Known About Josh Duggar for Years. When Did TLC Find Out

Silhouette: So a 14 year old, a minor, was experimenting sexually with other minors around his age.

Silhouette, in an attempt to make this sound not so bad thingks a 14 year old molesting a 5 year old is a minor, experimenting sexually with other minors around his age. 5 and 14 are not "close in age". That's disgusting. You might seriously reconsider your statement.

Forum List

Back