Should small amounts of wine consumption be acceptable in the workplace on religion grounds...

You do know that First and Second Timothy are letters written from an Apostle to a pastor, encouraging him and giving him guidelines for his congregation, correct?

"All Scripture is good...," is what the Bible says... :)

-

It's always fascinating to see people try to make sense out of religion.

You don't get it. Religion isn't supposed make sense. And that is not a disparagement.

To everyone I'm leaving the site for a while but I will be back later God-Willing.

God Bless you all (except BURNing Pogo and Jillian LOLOLOLOLOL)...

-

I think it should be up to the workplace. Nonetheless im sure OSHA would have a fit if they came in and saw a buzzed forklift driver that got OKd to drink by the employer LOL

Good point...who will drink irresponsibly?

-
I'm thinking a couple of gimlets would make me a mush happier worker.

Porter ale is supposedly named for its popularity with the hardworking porters of centuries past.

I think it should be up to the workplace. Nonetheless im sure OSHA would have a fit if they came in and saw a buzzed forklift driver that got OKd to drink by the employer LOL

Good point...who will drink irresponsibly?

-
I'm thinking a couple of gimlets would make me a mush happier worker.

Porter ale is supposedly named for its popularity with the hardworking porters of centuries past.

That's interesting, since I once had a Scottish beer I enjoyed called "Old Hard Head".....

there's no such thing as hell, dear.

and the new testament is only interesting to me as literature and fodder for discussion.

And yet you feel like this LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL:

image.jpg

-

So the Bible commands in the New Testament to drink wine to heal infirmities...if wine has curative powers (and scientists agree that it does; see first two paragraphs here: Health effects of wine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ,) should minimal amounts of wine consumption be acceptable in the workplace on religious grounds that the Bible instructs small amounts of wine consumption (for health)?...

-
Should we include stoning menstruating women as well in the work place?

So the Bible commands in the New Testament to drink wine to heal infirmities...if wine has curative powers (and scientists agree that it does; see first two paragraphs here: Health effects of wine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ,) should minimal amounts of wine consumption be acceptable in the workplace on religious grounds that the Bible instructs small amounts of wine consumption (for health)?...

-
Should we include stoning menstruating women as well in the work place?
Good Jesus, they're cranky enough ALREADY. (I apologize to the entire board, but that was just low hanging fruit I couldn't pass up.)

A Bible quote justifies nothing. They don't even serve alcoholic wine anymore in most Christian ceremonies. What possible "religious grounds" would justify drinking an alcoholic beverage at the workplace? Is this a current movement like legalizing marijuana or just an idle thought? Why post it on the political forum?

Forum List

Back