Should Senate Republicans Allow a Trial of Trump...or Kill the Farce Quickly?

Should GOP End Impeachment Quickly or Draw it Out to Expose Democrats Partisian Political Behavior

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After the last 3 years..WHY should we go easy on them???

WHY should we go soft on democrats?

Should Senate Republicans draw out a trail of President Trump in the Senate to make the Democrats look like the petty, churlish, political extremists that they are? Our should they smash this common joke immediately to show the superfluous nature of it and move on?
High Crimes and Misdemeanors - Constitutional Rights Foundation

You run a risk with a lengthy trial and if Trump get sworn in and lies or get caught lying then he will be convicted and remove...

Democrats hope the Senate will do what Trump is asking for but McConnell is not that damn stupid, well I hope not...
When the rules are set, and under 5th Amendment, Trump does not and will not testify on advice of his attorneys.
since ya'll say there is no crime, THEN what could he possibly ''plead the 5th'' about...???

By the way...GREAT THREAD OP!
It is a strategy dilemma.

It is all about strategy. I can understand the POTUS wanting to be acquitted. At the same time, throwing the case out because there is
zero proof does the same thing.

What The Donald has to remember is Barr and Durham are both hot on the trail of the FBI and DOJ and how the hoax got
started. There are going to be plenty of headlines working against the Dems thru the summer. Headlines, indictments
and trials. USMCA is in his corner as soon as the Senate ratifies it. Hopefully Phase One with China will be complete
soon...officially. Then that forces the EU to the table. They've been biding their time until the election. If they see that
he is well on his way to reelection they must come to the table now. The last thing they want is to wait until he wins
reelection. They do that and he will fuck western Europe, big-time. Once the Brits exit the EU, they will have a trade deal
with us. We'll make it sweet for England as a lure for Italy, Poland and Denmark to bolt. 2020 is going to be a great
year for the country, financially.

Strategically, we must always remember that the dems have been screaming impeachment for 29 months. When the case is
over in two days...the wind will be drained out of all their sails. Yes, the dems will yell about another impeachment, but that
will work against them.

Strategy is always centered around winning the War not a Battle. The War will be fought next November.

End this impeachment ASAP and the dems come crumbling down.

the FIX is in already.... :rolleyes:

so I guess it really does not matter if it is short or long...
The fix has been in since Trump won in 2016, Democrats have been trying to overturn the election ever since. This whole impeachment debacle by the Democrats makes Trump more likely to win independent voters as the House Democrats look like the crooked bastards that they are.

Should Senate Republicans draw out a trail of President Trump in the Senate to make the Democrats look like the petty, churlish, political extremists that they are? Our should they smash this common joke immediately to show the superfluous nature of it and move on?

You run a risk with a lengthy trial and if Trump get sworn in and lies or get caught lying then he will be convicted and remove...

Democrats hope the Senate will do what Trump is asking for but McConnell is not that damn stupid, well I hope not...
When the rules are set, and under 5th Amendment, Trump does not and will not testify on advice of his attorneys.
since ya'll say there is no crime, THEN what could he possibly ''plead the 5th'' about...???
Because he is “the accused” that has been indicted by the House aka the grand jury. Again, liberals show that they don’t believe in procedural due process and they certainly do not believe in substantive due process.

Give Schiff immunity before calling him, negating any attempt to take the 5th.

I care more about getting the whole story than I do about Schiff being prosecuted.
But he would just lie and lie and lie.

If he did, he would be doing so under oath, and risk if getting caught, face a world of hell.
But, unless they can show that Schiff and whistleblower were working together before the whistleblower first came out with his allegations...then it would be tough.

After the last 3 years..WHY should we go easy on them???

WHY should we go soft on democrats?
We should not. Do critical damage to the Democrats then close the trial down.

if one of the articles of impeachment is that because Trump didnt build the wall, me and Senator Ted Cruz would be leading the effort. we would volunteer, my friends!

You mean like this?
Judicial Watch: Clinton IT staffer pleads 5th 125 consecutive times - CNNPolitics

By the way...GREAT THREAD OP!
It is a strategy dilemma.

It is all about strategy. I can understand the POTUS wanting to be acquitted. At the same time, throwing the case out because there is
zero proof does the same thing.

What The Donald has to remember is Barr and Durham are both hot on the trail of the FBI and DOJ and how the hoax got
started. There are going to be plenty of headlines working against the Dems thru the summer. Headlines, indictments
and trials. USMCA is in his corner as soon as the Senate ratifies it. Hopefully Phase One with China will be complete
soon...officially. Then that forces the EU to the table. They've been biding their time until the election. If they see that
he is well on his way to reelection they must come to the table now. The last thing they want is to wait until he wins
reelection. They do that and he will fuck western Europe, big-time. Once the Brits exit the EU, they will have a trade deal
with us. We'll make it sweet for England as a lure for Italy, Poland and Denmark to bolt. 2020 is going to be a great
year for the country, financially.

Strategically, we must always remember that the dems have been screaming impeachment for 29 months. When the case is
over in two days...the wind will be drained out of all their sails. Yes, the dems will yell about another impeachment, but that
will work against them.

Strategy is always centered around winning the War not a Battle. The War will be fought next November.

End this impeachment ASAP and the dems come crumbling down.
I say Republicans hit the Democrats hard and fast like a “thunder run” or “blitzkrieg.” Smash the Democrats like France in 1940...then move on.

Simple, if Trump is under oath and does not plea the fifth knowing him he would commit the crime of perjury just by saying he is someone else when asked if he is Donald John Trump...

You think I am joking don't you?

Donald Trump is the Larry Flynt of Politics and need to have tape across his mouth while under oath...

"Should GOP End Impeachment Quickly or Draw it Out to Expose Democrats Partisian Political Behavior"

I believe we elected a Senate to make that determination, and I am sure they will follow correct procedure to eliminate the humiliation the House of Representation leadership has brought to the public's examination. Our founders chose orderliness and humanity with common sense to make decisions with the Senate to make the final determination for all matters. They're older and wiser, most usually, and therefore more likely to use their common sense to deal with irrationality occasionally determined by younger, less experienced legislators.

Long live the righteousness of the Founders of American governance.

I lean towards a full trial that explores all the democrat/Deep State misdeeds

But there are good arguments for a short trial too

Bank on this, Dem's have a bombshell witness ready to call that will testify to some outlandish story if the Senate holds a trial. If you think Dem's don't have some scheme waiting in the wings you don't know Dems.

This is what I'm fearful of, the Dem's releasing a bombshell and they take the hit and shrapnel. I don't think the Dem party can absorb anymore hits. :blowup:

/sarc

Last edited:
I lean towards a full trial that explores all the democrat/Deep State misdeeds

But there are good arguments for a short trial too

Graham is probably calculating that the longer Republicans drag this out, the more opportunity it gives the MSM to lie about it, just like the phony inquiry, Mueller report, and Kavanaugh hearings.

Forum List

Back