Should i upgrade?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Screenshot_20211128-115259_Gmail.jpg

I keep getting this email. I have 1gb now and it's nice but it's on their "5" system and if you get too far from the box the wifi can be spotty.
Anyone got this new "6" wifi yet and is it any better?

NO.
Waste of money.
There are few instances, if at all, you will use that much bandwidth.
You would literally have to be watching a 4K movie on 3 TVs while playing WoW on three computers while downloading 5 songs on your phone to use that much.

• Banned
NO.
Waste of money.
You would literally have to be watching a 4K movie on 3 TVs while playing WoW on three computers while downloading 5 songs on your phone to use that much.
We we all do stream 4k content on many tv's and the kids game but that isn't really the issue.
The back two bedrooms often lose the wifi signal.

View attachment 569413

I keep getting this email. I have 1gb now and it's nice but it's on their "5" system and if you get too far from the box the wifi can be spotty.

View attachment 569413

Go ahead and let the chips fall where they may. Windows 11 is a living abortion and Bill Gates buried Windows 7, the apex of Windows.

NO.
Waste of money.
So, a Tuesday for Me.

:disbelief: :biggrin:

We we all do stream 4k content on many tv's and the kids game but that isn't really the issue.
The back two bedrooms often lose the wifi signal.
I would suggest getting a wifi booster for back there.
Basically how it works is you place it where the signal is still good but closer to the weak area. Then any devices that stay back there you change them to get their signal from the booster, not the router they are set to now. For phones, if you are going to be back there awhile, you can go to your wifi settings and switch to the booster.
Hope that makes sense

Forum List

Back