Should George Lucus be shot in the head?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I really don't think that George Lucas should be shot in the head but after watching what he did to star wars with the special editions and the prequels I realized the man has to be stopped somehow. It was bad enough that the cg affects added into the special edition didn't blend at all into the original movie and makes it longer that it needs to be but when he came up with MOTHER FUCKIN MIDICHLOREANS I realized he has lost it. I'm not advocating that he be shot in the head but a good ass whippin might be in order for him because he took one of the greatest movies of all time and chopped it up. FUCK HIM! If I was sitting on a jury where someone killed him I would vote not guilty because George Midi-chlorean Lucas deserved it.

No need to shot anyone in the head. Just accept that when a guy goes to a story well too many times, the quality of the story goes down. All you have to do is stop going to his movies.

Eh, I never saw the first one until I got HBO in the 1980's....Wasted dough to see the ones released in 2000....

Friend of mine who ran off to Hollyweird to work in animation/special effects came to visit me in New Orleans. We took the obligatory evening snack at Café du Monde. She happened to drop the name George Lucas.

I said, "who's George Lucas?"

She was incredulous. "YOU DON'T KNOW WHO GEORGE LUCAS IS??"

"Nope". :dunno:

"I'll bet you I could ask anyone around here and they'll know who George Lucas is!"

"OK, do it".

She did, and I won that bet. But that's the only reason I even know the name "George Lucas".

Could be some people need a life.

The very first Star Wars movie was the best and even the second and third weren't as good. The rest I actually fell asleep in. Darth Vader was the best villain in film, until they went and humanized him. Actually had a nightmare about him and I was an adult when I saw Star Wars for the first time.

The very first Star Wars movie was the best and even the second and third weren't as good. The rest I actually fell asleep in. Darth Vader was the best villain in film, until they went and humanized him. Actually had a nightmare about him and I was an adult when I saw Star Wars for the first time.

I tried to watch SW twice and that was my experience too. Fell asleep, both times.

Lucas wrote the screenplay for the original Star Wars, so he certainly has to get credit for creating that entire universe of conflict and characters. And he directed the movie. To have both those talents and produce that movie marks him as very talented. American Graffiti and Star Wars were his two great successes. And if you are only going to have two then those two aren't such a bad resume.

I agree the three SW movies of the 2000s were so-so. Critics also agree. They were too convoluted with stuff. And Jar-Jar Binks is one of the worst characters ever.

In the end the Star Wars franchise has grossed about 28 billion dollars all told and continues to grow. Not bad for one really good idea well executed.

Last edited:

I tried to watch SW twice and that was my experience too. Fell asleep, both times.
Some people just can't get into the willing suspension of disbelief when it comes to science fiction. That's okay.

Some people just can't get into the willing suspension of disbelief when it comes to science fiction. That's okay.

Yeah that was basically it. I love good science fiction and SW obviously wasn't. The chair was comfy, and I already paid for it, so I made the most of my time.

Yeah that was basically it. I love good science fiction and SW obviously wasn't. The chair was comfy, and I already paid for it, so I made the most of my time.
Interesting. Must have been the fairy-taleness of the story line. You like Crichton? Herbert? Did you love Aliens?

Interesting. Must have been the fairy-taleness of the story line. You like Crichton? Herbert? Did you love Aliens?
The sw films are based on a basic filmmaking premise.
Overcoming adversity.
The only close to originality in the films are the pseudo Asian martial philosophy of the jedi.

I am in love with Rey:

th

Also you guys do know Rey is Ben sister ( Kylo Ren )... ( That is my theory )

I am in love with Rey:

th

Also you guys do know Rey is Ben sister ( Kylo Ren )... ( That is my theory )

Cousin

Rey is Lukes daughter, Ben is Hans and Leias son

That is what I thought first but viewing over the past stories Leia and Han had three kids...

They had twins and another son.

The twins were named Jaina Solo and Jacen Solo and Jacen was Darth Caedus. I believe Luke wiped her mind with a Jedi trick to make her forget Han was her father, but I could be wrong...

Solo family - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back