Should Gender Reassignment Surgery (GRS) Be Banned or Severely Curtailed?

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
If one goes on the notion that society isn’t supposed to encourage mentally ill people to harm themselves then GRS is essentially a modern day lobotomy. It’s a method of mechanically treating a mental illness.

IMHO it's a gross abuse of modern medicine and an improper treatment for folks who really need the help of a mental health professional, not some surgeon looking to make money.

I think the surgical treatment of gender dysphonia should be banned in the US for anyone under 18 just for starters and a very deep dive taken into the mental health of a adult wanting such a procedure.

I also think it should be left to the various states and their state medical boards to decide if GRS is kosher or not. No need to involve the feds.

If one goes on the notion that society isn’t supposed to encourage mentally ill people to harm themselves then GRS is essentially a modern day lobotomy. It’s a method of mechanically treating a mental illness.

IMHO it's a gross abuse of modern medicine and an improper treatment for folks who really need the help of a mental health professional, not some surgeon looking to make money.

I think the surgical treatment of gender dysphonia should be banned in the US for anyone under 18 just for starters and a very deep dive taken into the mental health of a adult wanting such a procedure.

I also think it should be left to the various states and their state medical boards to decide if GRS is kosher or not. No need to involve the feds.
The only appropriate treatment for gender dysphoria is involuntary commitment in a psychiatric facility until it passes.

Knowing the staggering suicide rates for people, particularly children, suffering through this disorder, the argument for enabling these delusions is akin to abuse.
They need serious help & pretending it is anything other than a mental illness harms much more than it helps.

People who wants to mutilate themselves needs to pay for it themself. Not a dime of government money should be going toward this.
I actually met a lesbian who believed she could have a child using only hers and her "wife's" DNA. When I mentioned that her plan sounded like it would involve some expensive technology, she laughed and said "The stupid taxpayers will pay for it".

This is the lack of regard that these unhinged fuckers have for everything but their own insane desires.

Of course not. But the way society treats trannies should be stopped. They need to understand they have problems. They need people to listen. To love them.
Notice how we dont tell a schizo he is actually president and his wife is jennifer aniston, right? We dont play along with their delusions as a society...
And lets face it, the ONLY reason society is the way they are with trannies is because they aligned themselves with the gays. THATS IT

Whenever I see a screed like this, the first thought that comes to mind is "What gender issues is the author experiencing" I have to wonder what the motivation is and why the writer is apparently so threatened by the existence of transgender people.

Whenever I see a screed like this, the first thought that comes to mind is "What gender issues is the author experiencing" I have to wonder what the motivation is and why the writer is apparently so threatened by the existence of transgender people.
Whenever I see a screed like yours, the first thought that comes to mind in "Boring loser, but what the hell -- it's an easy paycheck."

Typical dem reaction, since they are incapable of independent thought they attack others for what they are doing themselves.

The respondent is likely a poorly turned-out tranny in need of a mental health intervention. ;)

Knowing the staggering suicide rates for people, particularly children, suffering through this disorder, the argument for enabling these delusions is akin to abuse.
They need serious help & pretending it is anything other than a mental illness harms much more than it helps.
Actually, the suicide rate is the result of their being subjected to relentless bigotry, ridicule, and rejection and being told that they are mentally ill and just need to get over it.

I actually met a lesbian who believed she could have a child using only hers and her "wife's" DNA. When I mentioned that her plan sounded like it would involve some expensive technology, she laughed and said "The stupid taxpayers will pay for it".

This is the lack of regard that these unhinged fuckers have for everything but their own insane desires.
Sounds like a boatload of bizarre bovine excrement to me. And what does it have to do with trans people?

Hippocratic oath: Do no further harm.

Yes, that shit should be banned.

Of course not. But the way society treats trannies should be stopped. They need to understand they have problems. They need people to listen. To love them.
Notice how we dont tell a schizo he is actually president and his wife is jennifer aniston, right? We dont play along with their delusions as a society...
And lets face it, the ONLY reason society is the way they are with trannies is because they aligned themselves with the gays. THATS IT
MY wife is Jennifer Aniston.

Hippocratic oath: Do no further harm.

Yes, that shit should be banned.

The issue is any surgery is simply cosmetic, it will not give the person what they want, to truly be the other sex. It should only be used as a last resort when all other options have failed.

That being said, the majority of trans people right now I don't think are actual sufferers of Gender Dysphoria, they are simply fetishists, very young kids being wrapped up in their own parents delusions, and older kids being fed trans agitprop.

^^^^this

giphy.gif

The issue is any surgery is simply cosmetic, it will not give the person what they want, to truly be the other sex. It should only be used as a last resort when all other options have failed.

That being said, the majority of trans people right now I don't think are actual sufferers of Gender Dysphoria, they are simply fetishists, very young kids being wrapped up in their own parents delusions, and older kids being fed trans agitprop.
Which means that you're doing further harm, by affirming obvious delusions with immolating treatments.

Which means that you're doing further harm, by affirming obvious delusions with immolating treatments.

As a last resort I don't see it as further harm if it at least lets the person delude themselves into a slightly happier state. As a first resort? Fuck yes it's harm, and worse it's permanent harm.

Forum List

Back