Should Arizona Appeal to the U.N.?

Samson

Póg Mo Thóin
Dec 3, 2009
A Higher Plain
The first article of the United Nations Charter says:

The Purposes of the United Nations are:

1. To maintain international peace and security, and to that end: to take effective collective measures for the prevention and removal of threats to the peace, and for the suppression of acts of aggression or other breaches of the peace, and to bring about by peaceful means, and in conformity with the principles of justice and international law, adjustment or settlement of international disputes or situations which might lead to a breach of the peace;

2. To develop friendly relations among nations based on respect for the principle of equal rights and self-determination of peoples, and to take other appropriate measures to strengthen universal peace;

Perhaps Arizona should bring its case to the U.N. and blue helmeted Canadians should be deployed to the Mexican Border?

If you just want to throw money at a problem and not have it solved, send the problem to the UN. They can talk about it for months, do lots of different studies, and accomplish absolutely nothing and spend lots of money doing it. This tactic has not worked for the US Federal Government so I doubt if it will work for the UN either. I think the simplest solution is to load up the busses with illegal aliens and drive them all back across the border to Mexico. They can bitch and raise hell all the way and make all the noise they would care to make. Isn't it funny that inspite all of the attention being given to the fact that Arizona is trying to do something about their illegal alien problem that nobody has once mentioned that the illegal aliens are all breaking the law by being here in the first place. I don't suppose that matters very much seeing as how they are all potential Democratic voters.

If you just want to throw money at a problem and not have it solved, send the problem to the UN. They can talk about it for months, do lots of different studies, and accomplish absolutely nothing and spend lots of money doing it.......

Count, Count, Count.

Did you not read the U.N. Charter?

Do you not know Where the U.N. is located?

Do you not know which country ALREADY spends lots of money on the U.N.?

The issue of uncontrolled border activity is clearly one for which the U.N. is specifically formed.

Count is right. For my part I think the UN should just be disbanded and done away with. I can't see where it has ever done much of anything about anything. On top of which it is just rife with corruption. A very good example of why man cannot rule himself alone and the "New World Order" is a universal joke. There will always be strife among us.

And I'm tired of having SCOTUS rule on "International Law" rather than the US Constitution.

The first article of the United Nations Charter says:

The Purposes of the United Nations are:

1. To maintain international peace and security, and to that end: to take effective collective measures for the prevention and removal of threats to the peace, and for the suppression of acts of aggression or other breaches of the peace, and to bring about by peaceful means, and in conformity with the principles of justice and international law, adjustment or settlement of international disputes or situations which might lead to a breach of the peace;

2. To develop friendly relations among nations based on respect for the principle of equal rights and self-determination of peoples, and to take other appropriate measures to strengthen universal peace;

Perhaps Arizona should bring its case to the U.N. and blue helmeted Canadians should be deployed to the Mexican Border?
Even if that were a reasonable remedy for Arizonans, the UN permits far more aggregious conditions to exist than otherwise would be the case. To be under the protection of the UN is to be in even more danger since they usually remove from the victims the ability to defend themselves and then stand by while massacres occur.

Last edited:
Count is right. For my part I think the UN should just be disbanded and done away with. I can't see where it has ever done much of anything about anything. On top of which it is just rife with corruption. A very good example of why man cannot rule himself alone and the "New World Order" is a universal joke. There will always be strife among us.

And I'm tired of having SCOTUS rule on "International Law" rather than the US Constitution.

Even if that were a reasonable remedy for Arizonans, the UN permits far more aggregious conditions to exist than otherwise would be the case. To be under the protection of the UN is to be in even more danger since they usually remove from the victims the ability to defend themselves and then stand by while massacres occur.

Citizens of The State of Arizona have a no right "to bring about by peaceful means, and in conformity with the principles of justice and international law, adjustment or settlement of international disputes?"

You people are missing the point.

Arizona has ALREADY PAID for the U.N.

Why not call in the investment? Only baseless speculation that the U.N. "usually removes from the victims the ability to defend themselves and then stand by while massacres occur?"

Citizens of The State of Arizona have a no right "to bring about by peaceful means, and in conformity with the principles of justice and international law, adjustment or settlement of international disputes?"

Why not call in the investment? Only baseless speculation that the U.N. "usually removes from the victims the ability to defend themselves and then stand by while massacres occur?"

Darfur, anyone?:eusa_whistle:

Oh, hell.... one little mis-hap.

And you're not even sure the UN had anything to do with it.

I guess everyone's forgotten who kept the Red Menace out of South Korea!!!

Last edited:

One? Rwanda? Korea? Vietnam? Cambodia? Laos? Burma? Czechoslovakia?
 

Pick one.

One? Rwanda? Korea? Vietnam? Cambodia? Laos? Burma? Czechoslovakia?
 

Pick one.

South Korea

When was the UN in Czechoslovakia?

Or Vietnam?

While we're picking countries at random, why not Canada? Norway? Outer Mongolia?

Forum List

Back