Should anti-vaxers be denied ICU treatment for COVID?

Yer not vaxxed, nor is yer family. Yer in a car. A drunk driver who is vaxxed smacks into you. Yer spouse is seriously injured, yer two kids have broken backs and legs. But...yer not vaxxed. So...according to the OP and to you...you don't get help cuz yer unvaxxed. Right?
As I mentioned (not sure if here or in another thread) that is exactly what happened to the brother of a friend who had a stroke. Even being vaxed he was denied admittance for 2 days because every ICU bed was full, mostly by unvaxed covid patients. It did not matter that treating for stroke is extremely time sensitive.

So yes, in your scenario they would have not received treatment and it would have had nothing to do with their vax status, but with covid patients being prioritized for ICU beds ahead of non-covid patients.

As I mentioned (not sure if here or in another thread) that is exactly what happened to the brother of a friend who had a stroke. Even being vaxed he was denied admittance for 2 days because every ICU bed was full, mostly by unvaxed covid patients. It did not matter that treating for stroke is extremely time sensitive.

So yes, in your scenario they would have not received treatment and it would have had nothing to do with their vax status, but with covid patients being prioritized for ICU beds ahead of non-covid patients.
NOBODY should be "ahead" of anyone else...PERIOD. Be treated for whomever is worse off at that moment.

I guess those hospital ships Trump called in were not needed then..or now.
Yeah, there was a lot of hype about that Miss Gracie. It was a good plan by Trump but failed on the receiving end. Not long after it failed it was reported that one of the two ships wasn’t even set up to be an isolation type of layout. It was open concept and hadn’t been converted. Lol I have to laugh so I don’t make the dumb face at these people who hold decision making type of jobs at that level corresponding with federal government. What the heck was an open concept vessel ship going to do for isolating patients?

Medically, all should be treated, from a scratch on the hand, from attempted suicide, to a bad car crash. That's how it is and it's not feasible to pick and choose who to treat.

We in the UK have had melt downs in the press that the obese and smokers should have to pay for illnesses related to being overweight and the effects of smoke.

At the end of the day, we all pay our tax and health costs, so no one should denied anything.

Hospitals are there to save people, they're not there to be saved from a pandemic by the public. So they need to make sure they have sufficient resources and procedures in place. And for dismissing staff who made a choice not to receive a vaccination, My Body My Choice, never heard anything so stupid in my life
In theory, "Medically, all should be treated" is the goal.
Have you heard the term "triage"? Gotta choose which patients to treat if ER or ICU is overwhelmed.
I say unvaxed people who are infected with COVID should wait in line and be treated AFTER vaxed patients are treated for breakthrough infection.

Hospitals and staff are overworked during this pandemic.
Urgent care resources should be dedicated (prioritized) to innocent or responsible people who take precautions.
If 95% of COVID hospitalizations are patients who refused to get related vaccines, then they should PAY for their freedom to be stupid.

I believe anti-vaxers should be DENIED hospital beds in the ICU unless they have a medically valid excuse.
Do you agree? If not, why not?
No

Yer not vaxxed, nor is yer family. Yer in a car. A drunk driver who is vaxxed smacks into you. Yer spouse is seriously injured, yer two kids have broken backs and legs. But...yer not vaxxed. So...according to the OP and to you...you don't get help cuz yer unvaxxed. Right?
NOT correct. Kids automatically get help. You (adult) also should get help for NON-COVID medical issues, but if you are also infected with COVID, then you should be isolated from others ... if there is room.

If you adhere to the idea that medical care is a universal right (as many on the left do), absolutely not.
I am not on the left. Middle man here. Med care is a right, I believe, if there are resources, but someone has to pay for it. If you're going to be medically irresponsible, then you better be rich.

Urgent care resources should be dedicated (prioritized) to innocent or responsible people who take precautions.
If 95% of COVID hospitalizations are patients who refused to get related vaccines, then they should PAY for their freedom to be stupid.

I believe anti-vaxers should be DENIED hospital beds in the ICU unless they have a medically valid excuse.

It wouldn't be legal to so so, but they should all sign a pledge not to litter the emergency rooms and hospitals with their hypocritical behavior, and offer to pay for the full expenses of their hypocrisy. But they mostly would never be that honest, same as their Big Giant Conservative laissez faire ideologies never seemed to keep them from running and hiding under bankruptcy protections when their gambling debts piled up when assorted bubbles burst and their over-leveraged 'equities' disappeared and they were asked to pay their debts when their schemes fell through. They suddenly lose all interest in that 'personal responsibility' bullshit and social darwinism they preach for 'everybody else'.

In theory, "Medically, all should be treated" is the goal.
Have you heard the term "triage"? Gotta choose which patients to treat if ER or ICU is overwhelmed.
I say unvaxed people who are infected with COVID should wait in line and be treated AFTER vaxed patients are treated for breakthrough infection.
I would say those who are vaxxed should go to the back of the queue.

How did you learn this?

NOBODY should be "ahead" of anyone else...PERIOD. Be treated for whomever is worse off at that moment.
It's called triage.

I escaped the medical industrial slave plantation about 11 years ago and I have never been happier that I did.

I'm glad you'll be on the other side of the fence when the Divorce comes.

So you are for irrational discrimination...

It seems you have bought into Lying Joe Biden's debunked bullshit about how vaccinated people cannot get the virus or pass it own. Hell, TRIPLE vaccinated people on Biden's own staff have gotten COVID, yet the media lets the crazy bastard get away with repeating the lie over and over.

Biden has demonized the unvaccinated so much that idiots like you are all for punishing or letting them die if they get COVID.

Well, what about the vaccinated? If you are triple vaccinnated and get the virus, which Biden claims is impossible, you should be abandoned to die as well. Since Joe says it's not possible they are obviously lying and unvaccinated.

Biden has also sold you on '1 size fits all' for the vaccine. A POLITICIAN has declared HIS word is law over what medical professionals / doctors say. If you have an existing condition that getting the vaccine may cause you harm no need to consult your personal physician - Biden says you'll be fine.

Religious and other civil and Constitutional Rights? Biden and Marcist Dems claim they know what's better for you than your own doctor AND you need to get used to surrendering your rights when Democrats say you have to...like a good little sheep.

I also posted a study published by the primary Inventor of the vaccine. He wrote how Pfizer bypassed safety protocols and testing requirements in a rush to produce the vaccine. During testing the fact that the vaccine potentially would cause heart problems was detected. Pfizer was caught manipulating the data - something they have a long history of doing and paying millions of dollars in fines for.

A panel of doctors studied the data and wrote there was nothing to prevent the vaccine from being given emergency use approval. Everyone of these doctors were on Pfizer's board, owned Pfizer stock, or was paid by Pfizer.

Pfizer argued that the best way to find serious medical problems with the vaccine was to release / use it on people. The CDC amazingly agreed and it was granted emergency use...amazing if you don't think most of the CDC members owning Pfizer stock is a problem.

In the 1st several months of uuse Pfizer reported inconsequential deaths (there were 1200) and minor problems / complications (some 25,000, to include micaditis). The doctor who revealed all of this added that research shows the potential for people who have heart problems as a result but do not die are extremely likely die within the next 6 years.

This was not and has not been highly reported...and for good reason. ALL of this is more than enough justification for Americans to refuse to blindly obey and get vaccinated without conferring with their doctors and / or making up their own minds about the risks.

Those who have chosen not to be vaccinated - many of them - are not the monsters Biden gas made them out to be but are following the science and weighing the risks for themselves ... instead of being sheep, some being led to the slaughter.
Oh, don't bother to wave facts in front of them. It makes them psychotically angry and they start snarling and biting.

^This.

Forum List

Back