Should anti-vaxers be denied ICU treatment for COVID?

ViewFromAbove

Gold Member
May 6, 2019
Hospitals and staff are overworked during this pandemic.
Urgent care resources should be dedicated (prioritized) to innocent or responsible people who take precautions.
If 95% of COVID hospitalizations are patients who refused to get related vaccines, then they should PAY for their freedom to be stupid.

I believe anti-vaxers should be DENIED hospital beds in the ICU unless they have a medically valid excuse.
Do you agree? If not, why not?

The Hippocratic Oath (Modern Version) I SWEAR in the presence of the Almighty and before my family, my teachers and my peers that according to my ability and judgment I will keep this Oath and Stipulation. TO RECKON all who have taught me this art equally dear to me as my parents and in the same spirit and dedication to impart a knowledge of the art of medicine to others. I will continue with diligence to keep abreast of advances in medicine. I will treat without exception all who seek my ministrations, so long as the treatment of others is not compromised thereby, and I will seek the counsel of particularly skilled physicians where indicated for the benefit of my patient. I WILL FOLLOW that method of treatment which according to my ability and judgment, I consider for the benefit of my patient and abstain from whatever is harmful or mischievous. I will neither prescribe nor administer a lethal dose of medicine to any patient even if asked nor counsel any such thing nor perform the utmost respect for every human life from fertilization to natural death and reject abortion that deliberately takes a unique human life. WITH PURITY, HOLINESS AND BENEFICENCE I will pass my life and practice my art. Except for the prudent correction of an imminent danger, I will neither treat any patient nor carry out any research on any human being without the valid informed consent of the subject or the appropriate legal protector thereof, understanding that research must have as its purpose the furtherance of the health of that individual. Into whatever patient setting I enter, I will go for the benefit of the sick and will abstain from every voluntary act of mischief or corruption and further from the seduction of any patient. WHATEVER IN CONNECTION with my professional practice or not in connection with it I may see or hear in the lives of my patients which ought not be spoken abroad, I will not divulge, reckoning that all such should be kept secret. WHILE I CONTINUE to keep this Oath unviolated may it be granted to me to enjoy life and the practice of the art and science of medicine with the blessing of the Almighty and respected by my peers and society, but should I trespass and violate this Oath, may the reverse by my lot.

The Hippocratic Oath (Modern Version) I SWEAR in the presence of the Almighty and before my family, my teachers and my peers that according to my ability and judgment I will keep this Oath and Stipulation. TO RECKON all who have taught me this art equally dear to me as my parents and in the same spirit and dedication to impart a knowledge of the art of medicine to others. I will continue with diligence to keep abreast of advances in medicine. I will treat without exception all who seek my ministrations, so long as the treatment of others is not compromised thereby, and I will seek the counsel of particularly skilled physicians where indicated for the benefit of my patient. I WILL FOLLOW that method of treatment which according to my ability and judgment, I consider for the benefit of my patient and abstain from whatever is harmful or mischievous. I will neither prescribe nor administer a lethal dose of medicine to any patient even if asked nor counsel any such thing nor perform the utmost respect for every human life from fertilization to natural death and reject abortion that deliberately takes a unique human life. WITH PURITY, HOLINESS AND BENEFICENCE I will pass my life and practice my art. Except for the prudent correction of an imminent danger, I will neither treat any patient nor carry out any research on any human being without the valid informed consent of the subject or the appropriate legal protector thereof, understanding that research must have as its purpose the furtherance of the health of that individual. Into whatever patient setting I enter, I will go for the benefit of the sick and will abstain from every voluntary act of mischief or corruption and further from the seduction of any patient. WHATEVER IN CONNECTION with my professional practice or not in connection with it I may see or hear in the lives of my patients which ought not be spoken abroad, I will not divulge, reckoning that all such should be kept secret. WHILE I CONTINUE to keep this Oath unviolated may it be granted to me to enjoy life and the practice of the art and science of medicine with the blessing of the Almighty and respected by my peers and society, but should I trespass and violate this Oath, may the reverse by my lot.
The oath is ideal. We live in a pandemic world where hospital care is EXPENSIVE in time and money, and may not be able to service everyone who needs urgent care of all sorts.
Therefore, in this non-ideal world, we need to be PRACTICAL.

Urgent care resources should be dedicated (prioritized) to innocent or responsible people who take precautions.
If 95% of COVID hospitalizations are patients who refused to get related vaccines, then they should PAY for their freedom to be stupid.

I believe anti-vaxers should be DENIED hospital beds in the ICU unless they have a medically valid excuse.

It would be just as valid to ask if those who allowed themselves to be injected with these dangerous experimental drugs should be denied treatment if they develop any of the dangerous complications which these drugs are known to cause.

Viewfromabove? Another legend in his own mind. :abgg2q.jpg:

It's the anti-vaxers who are selfish.

That bullshit.

What is selfish is demanding that others sacrifice their health and safety, by accepting dangerous drugs that can harm them, in order to pander to your delusional fears.

Your cowardice, your ignorance, your stupidity, and your willingness to be brainwashed and manipulated by criminals who infest government; are your own problems. Nobody is under any ethical obligation to sacrifice his own health, safety, freedom, or prosperity to cater to you.

1641697311885.png

It would be just as valid to ask if those who allowed themselves to be injected with these dangerous experimental drugs should be denied treatment if they develop any of the dangerous complications which these drugs are known to cause.
False narrative. CDC approved vaccines are researched for POSITIVE medical treatment, and if they have problems, THEN they should be treated.
If you choose NOT to follow medically approved treatment, then you should go to the end of the line, or be serviced by your own family.

False narrative. CDC approved vaccines are researched for POSITIVE medical treatment, and if they have problems, THEN they should be treated.
If you choose NOT to follow medically approved treatment, then you should go to the end of the line, or be serviced by your own family.
Idiot.

I guess the dingaling liberal has not considered those who ARE vaxxed...but keep getting sick anyway. Guess they shouldn't be treated too.:cuckoo:

1641697769862.png

I agree, only people with a medical reason should be in the ICU.

You did not tell us which hospitals were letting people use the ICU without a medical reason. Where does this happen?
The medical reason for being in the ICU is if you need urgent care AND have followed medically approved precautions (such as getting vaccine) OR there are beds AND staff available.

Such limitations will not happen. Those in ICU might test positive for covid but they are in the ICU for some other underlying condition. Deny them medical treatment for COPD or Pneumonia or even injuries from a car accident. The lawsuits would be thick and fast.

Forum List

Back