Should Animal Hunting Be Banned?

Are cows slaughtered just for their hide? If a cow is slaughtered for food, or after it's usefulness as a milk cow, then every part that can be used after its death should be used. What don't you understand about that?

Dude!!! You are the one who implied they didnt.

DUDE!!!! I am not a DUDE!!!! How about this: Are cows raised solely for their hide alone?

Yes, or no?

If they are, I did not know that. Such a big animal to be raised, consuming a large amount of feed- just for their skin sounds like a waste. I cannot see doing all that just for their skin ( & hooves) & if humans don't consume them, then I would think their meat goes into dog/cat food. Same goes for pigs & horses too.

YOU IMPLIED THEY WERE!!!!!!!!!!!
For fucks sake read what you post!!!

Oh, for fuck's sake I did not. You misread or misunderstood whatever you think I wrote as an implication. Trust me, I don't 'imply' anything. I will say exactly what I mean.

Oh really?

" If cattle & hogs are raised for food, I think it's a shame if their skin isn't used for clothing & shoes etc. If an animal is killed, then every useable part should be."

All hunting is for sport because it's never necessary because of grocery stores, but it's a lot like telling a cat it can't hunt because its food bowl is always full. Hunting is a primitive instinct and humans have been doing it for thousands of years.

Besides, I hear you do some hunting too, the kind that meets with even less approval in society.

Societal approval is extremely relative... I have no problem with hunting as long as it's properly managed for "dual usage" (basically balancing preservation of not only the hunted species but their prey/predators, as well as the needs of humans, be that sport or subsistence - obviously subsistence has a higher priority as it should.)

Edit... hmmm links help huh?
ADF&G, Subsistence, Community Subsistence Information System, Alaska Department of Fish and Game

Feel free to pick just about any community from the huge list provided in the drop down of towns and villages that rely on subsistence hunting/fishing to survive. Feel free to send in all your cash to build every town/village in the list a grocery store and pay for the stocking of it as well. I'm not even going to guess at the costs, but I'll tell you that many of these places are 600+ miles off /any/ form of road so the costs of shipping anything in would be likely outrageously expensive. I believe in the past we had some kind of joint whats-it with the Native Settlement Act and sent snow-machines and guns to these folks (kind of in repayment for taking their land, even though the Russians did it) but w/e the military delivered the machines so they might have an idea of the costs if we were to ban subsistence hunting/fishing and give them grocery stores instead. Not even going to bother looking it up though because it's an absolutely ridiculous idea that will flat out never get passed heh

I think it's interesting to note how long a lot of these people have lived in those town/villages; many having been there since before Alaska even became a state. Do we as a nation really have the right to tell these Natives that they either a) can't live in their village anymore or b) are all going to die because their village doesn't have a grocery store and they can't hunt/fish anymore to feed their families?

Animal hunting should not be banned. But what we condemn for children doing to animals is still blood lust for many adults.

In some areas it is vital for food. Natives and people in alaska or remote rural areas you can't run down to the local grocery store. Some meats are not available in the grocery store. When was the last time you saw squirrel meat or snake in your store?
When does taking squirrel or snake for dinner compare to children torturing and killing animals?

I suspect that the posters unwarranted comparisons you are replying to clearly shows a complete lack of knowledge relevant to this topic of discussion, on their part.
Are cows slaughtered just for their hide? If a cow is slaughtered for food, or after it's usefulness as a milk cow, then every part that can be used after its death should be used. What don't you understand about that?

DUDE!!!! I am not a DUDE!!!! How about this: Are cows raised solely for their hide alone?

Yes, or no?

If they are, I did not know that. Such a big animal to be raised, consuming a large amount of feed- just for their skin sounds like a waste. I cannot see doing all that just for their skin ( & hooves) & if humans don't consume them, then I would think their meat goes into dog/cat food. Same goes for pigs & horses too.

Oh, for fuck's sake I did not. You misread or misunderstood whatever you think I wrote as an implication. Trust me, I don't 'imply' anything. I will say exactly what I mean.

Oh really?

" If cattle & hogs are raised for food, I think it's a shame if their skin isn't used for clothing & shoes etc. If an animal is killed, then every useable part should be."

Good, you posted the quote you are referring to. Now, what did I say, that is confusing you as to what I meant or you think I implied? And I know b4 that I said I think its wrong that an animal be killed JUST for its skin without other usages. What else am I supposta be implying?

Animal hunting should not be banned. But what we condemn for children doing to animals is still blood lust for many adults.

In some areas it is vital for food. Natives and people in alaska or remote rural areas you can't run down to the local grocery store. Some meats are not available in the grocery store. When was the last time you saw squirrel meat or snake in your store?
When does taking squirrel or snake for dinner compare to children torturing and killing animals?

I suspect that the posters unwarranted comparisons you are replying to clearly shows a complete lack of knowledge relevant to this topic of discussion, on their part.

Yes, or no?

Oh really?

Good, you posted the quote you are referring to. Now, what did I say, that is confusing you as to what I meant or you think I implied? And I know b4 that I said I think its wrong that an animal be killed JUST for its skin without other usages. What else am I supposta be implying?

There isnt a slaughter house on the planet killing cows for meat and pitching the hide in the trash.
Thats like throwing away money.

Yes, or no?

Oh really?

There isnt a slaughter house on the planet killing cows for meat and pitching the hide in the trash.
Thats like throwing away money.

Good. That's what I thought & I didn't imply ( or try to) that slaughterhouses weren't doing that. I was building on another post about if an animal is hunted, that it's a shame if all parts aren't used ( that can be used) OK? A damn misunderstanding is what it was.

Last edited:
Why is it wrong to hunt for hides or sport if it is done as part of a conservation plan?

Actually I don't have a problem under those circumstances. I literally mean JUST for sport or hide with no other agenda except for ego or luxury. Elephants, rhino, lion, cheetah, or even smaller critters if they aren't having a negative impact on the environment or property imo, is wrong.

If cattle & hogs are raised for food, I think it's a shame if their skin isn't used for clothing & shoes etc. If an animal is killed, then every useable part should be.

You do know that hunting is a sport, I suppose.

Yes. My husband is a hunter. I equate 'sport' hunting with killing an animal just for the sake of killing & not for other reasons such as food, or for conservation reasons.

I'm pretty sure your way of thinking is flawed and leaves me wondering how you could be so far off base. You see, it's the sportsman that are doing everything right, before, during, and after the hunt.

The problem with hunting lies with all the bad sports out there doing everything wrong, and that tends to make everybody look bad.

I suppose my inability to separate the two words 'trophy' & 'sport' is the problem. I think of hunting for 'sport' would be for example: fox hunting. But I suppose that would be considered 'trophy'? Because it is not for food or usually for conservation purposes or property protection.

I don't think there's much sport to fox hunting myself. The mere thought of fox hunting triggers almost cartoonish like thoughts of some king piling his big fat ass on a horse to go out and kill a pint sized k-9.

Back in the day when I was a pint sized human growing up out in the desert,we were all covered up in coyotes, desert fox, and everything else that flew, crawled, slithered and walked. And they were all headed for the same place. The swimming pool behind our house.

Actually I don't have a problem under those circumstances. I literally mean JUST for sport or hide with no other agenda except for ego or luxury. Elephants, rhino, lion, cheetah, or even smaller critters if they aren't having a negative impact on the environment or property imo, is wrong.

If cattle & hogs are raised for food, I think it's a shame if their skin isn't used for clothing & shoes etc. If an animal is killed, then every useable part should be.

You do know that hunting is a sport, I suppose.

Yes. My husband is a hunter. I equate 'sport' hunting with killing an animal just for the sake of killing & not for other reasons such as food, or for conservation reasons.

I'm pretty sure your way of thinking is flawed and leaves me wondering how you could be so far off base. You see, it's the sportsman that are doing everything right, before, during, and after the hunt.

The problem with hunting lies with all the bad sports out there doing everything wrong, and that tends to make everybody look bad.

I suppose my inability to separate the two words 'trophy' & 'sport' is the problem. I think of hunting for 'sport' would be for example: fox hunting. But I suppose that would be considered 'trophy'? Because it is not for food or usually for conservation purposes or property protection.

I don't think there's much sport to fox hunting myself. The mere thought of fox hunting triggers almost cartoonish like thoughts of some king piling his big fat ass on a horse to go out and kill a pint sized k-9.

Back in the day when I was a pint sized human growing up out in the desert,we were all covered up in coyotes, desert fox, and everything else that flew, crawled, slithered and walked. And they were all headed for the same place. The swimming pool behind our house.

I will try to separate the two meanings. When I used the word 'sport' it was not meant towards responsible hunting. Like I said, my husband hunts, & I am not against all forms. We have coyote & fox where I live & for the most part stay out in the woods. Squirrels are the varmints that are a nuisance & I've popped what I had to because they can be quite destructive.

Do you wonder about that when your eating your hamburger, steak. chicken, turkey, ham, bacon, sausage, or fish?

Exactly!

I hunt...and I take exactly zero joy in it. It's a chore that needs to be done. I'd rather eat wild game meat than that crap they call meat at the grocery store.

And I eat better and more diversely that 97% of Americans. Squab, goose, pheasant, quail, squirrel, rabbit, deer, raccoon, wild boar, turtle, beaver, freshwater mussels, crappie, bluegill, walleye, frog legs.

Animals are killed for all sorts of reasons and rightly so. I have a right to hunt guaranteed by my State Constitution and my hunting license. Fooling around with my Constitutional rights is a bad idea.

trophy hunting should end but hunting for food or to cull should be continued

what about a trophy hunt that culls the herd and provides food

Culling is not a trophy hunt. Trophy is for the skin and head only, not the meat, such as lion hunt or elephant. Culling is when a horse or wolf group becomes too large. Culling is when a horse or wolf group becomes too large.

Culling is not a trophy hunt. Trophy is for the skin and head only, not the meat, such as lion hunt or elephant. Culling is when a horse or wolf group becomes too large. Hunting for food has limits on how much you can take.

Culling is not a trophy hunt.

it certainly can be

Culling is when a horse or wolf group becomes too large

culling applies to any set of animals that need thinning for various reasons

Hunting for food has limits on how much you can take.

have you ever heard of a buffalo jump

you can eat both elephant and lion btw

Animals have done nothing to deserve this. Think about the harmless animals that haven't been doing anything to people. They get killed for no reason. Some people just want a new fur coat, some need a head on their wall, and others just want to kill for fun. Rabbits, deer, dogs and other animals get killed for stupid things like skins and fur. This will cause extinction and a change needs to happen.
BTW, researches show that about 200 million animals are killed every year.
Stupid question OPs should be banned

Animals have done nothing to deserve this. Think about the harmless animals that haven't been doing anything to people. They get killed for no reason. Some people just want a new fur coat, some need a head on their wall, and others just want to kill for fun. Rabbits, deer, dogs and other animals get killed for stupid things like skins and fur. This will cause extinction and a change needs to happen.

We should replace animal hunting with libtard hunting. No license required and open season year round....yeah, I could deal with that.
Their tie-dye shirts are an excellent aid for targeting.
Hey! I love tie die shirts, wear them all the time!

No, we have to go by something that is a more significant indicator.....like recording who the libtards are on message boards then tagging them with GPS transponder buried in their chests.
Or a free for all hunt at the Whole Foods Market.

Sounds mighty Christian!!!! LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!
You should talk.

Culling is not a trophy hunt. Trophy is for the skin and head only, not the meat, such as lion hunt or elephant. Culling is when a horse or wolf group becomes too large. Culling is when a horse or wolf group becomes too large.

Culling is not a trophy hunt. Trophy is for the skin and head only, not the meat, such as lion hunt or elephant. Culling is when a horse or wolf group becomes too large. Hunting for food has limits on how much you can take.

Culling is not a trophy hunt.

it certainly can be

Culling is when a horse or wolf group becomes too large

culling applies to any set of animals that need thinning for various reasons

Hunting for food has limits on how much you can take.

have you ever heard of a buffalo jump

you can eat both elephant and lion btw

If you live in africa, well some areas for the moments

You can eat scorpions, maggots and cockroaches are well, but I wouldn't recommend it, at least not raw.

Ban animal hunting.

Ban it NOW!

Animal hunting is not a sport...its a criminal activity for psychopaths

Nope. Since most predator species have been eliminated prey Animals like deer have to be hunted to thin the herd or they would over populate and many would starve to death.

Hunting serves a necessary function.
The necessary killing of animals is understandable and acceptable. It is the unnecessary killing which is objectionable and should be prevented by strict laws. The sonofabitch dentist who paid to go to Africa and kill that lion (Cecil) deserves a prison sentence for his arrogant and wantonly sadistic action.

Nope. Since most predator species have been eliminated prey Animals like deer have to be hunted to thin the herd or they would over populate and many would starve to death.

Hunting serves a necessary function.
The necessary killing of animals is understandable and acceptable. It is the unnecessary killing which is objectionable and should be prevented by strict laws. The sonofabitch dentist who paid to go to Africa and kill that lion (Cecil) deserves a prison sentence for his arrogant and wantonly sadistic action.

Absolutely! I am with you in this one! :clap::clap:

skins and fur.

i believe most skins have fur on them :lmao:

Pitman-Robertson Act

have you ever heard about it ?
Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Act
This Act,Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Act (16 U.S.C. 669-669i; 50 Stat. 917) of September 2, 1937, is commonly called the "Pittman-Robertson Act." It has been amended several times, and provides Federal aid to States for management and restoration of wildlife.
Funds from an 11 percent excise tax on sporting arms and ammunition [Internal Revenue Code of 1954, sec. 4161(b)] are appropriated to the Secretary of the Interior and apportioned to States on a formula basis for paying up to 75 percent of the cost approved projects. Project activities include acquisition and improvement of wildlife habitat, introduction of wildlife into suitable habitat, research into wildlife problems, surveys and inventories of wildlife problems, acquisition and development of access facilities for public use, and hunter education programs, including construction and operation of public target ranges.
---------------------------------------------------------
there is more info at the link if you care to to further educated.

No.

We need food.

Deer run in the road.

Forum List

Back