Palestinians, world renowned dog / animal lovers!

That’s true, because Iranian people abhors Islam and the Mullahs at this point. They can’t wait for Israelmor US to drop a big one in order for the people to once and for all remove these Mullahs from power. Either way, we will soon see them hanging from lampposts Mussolini style by the revolutionaries,
I lived in West LA and knew many many Iranians. I worked for an Iranian law firm. I did not meet one, ever, that had anything to say about obama that wasn't cursing. His betrayal at the Green Revolution will never be forgotten or forgiven.

I lived in West LA and knew many many Iranians. I worked for an Iranian law firm. I did not meet one, ever, that had anything to say about obama that wasn't cursing. His betrayal at the Green Revolution will never be forgotten or forgiven.
Yes, most Iranians both in exile and inside Iran blame Carter for destroying their country. Now they hate Obama and Biden even more.

They take a special joy in torturing and then killing dogs. I’ve seen it with my own eyes.

dog-meat-5_1535667a.jpg

*** I had read that many Palestinians abuse gay people, so I was not astonished to learn that many of them also abuse doggies.

*** But -- with all due respect -- how Palestinians treat gays and dogs is separate from the issue that confronts the world regarding Gaza,

*** Some (many?) people feel that Israel is treating the 2,000,000 Gazans too harshly, an issue that is separate from how the latter treat dogs (and gays).

Several of my friends from Palestine told me how traumatic it was to kids when the leftist military went door to door killing all of the dogs.

The dogs were afraid and tried to hide in children's bedding. At night they had to curl up in that gore to try to keep warm.

Last edited:
I say we turn 1000 Belgian Malinois on them.

5f23a5d38a7bbc8dc0f75d17dc7602b4.jpg

daae1e2608188ec8917b3511f111d306.jpg

6f1339c1adaf523345b2db482689c495.jpg

e19b4e66f47e1c4e288d538a6df520fe.jpg

65092b2de16284b3597c6946db7623a5.jpg
The Malinois breed has cat like ability to climb up trees and over walls, which makes them one of the best for police and military use. The only weird thing with them is their bark is very whimpy Sounding and not the full throated bark of a Sheperd , Doberman or Great Dane for example.

So…I’m going to disagree with some of this Roudy, I think this is a way of ginning up more hatred of the Palestinians.

In the ancient Middle Eastern cultures, dogs were often despised and considered unclean and dangerous. Given the fact that rabies was (and is) endemic in many areas, it’s easy to see how these prohibitions came into being.

These attitudes were not limited to Islamic scripture either, but rooted in Jewish and Christian scripture as well. No surprise…they all are related and spring from similar culture.

Along with Quran and Hadiths, the Bible and Torah and Talmud have little good to say about dogs and there was a strong distinction made between certain breeds (sight hounds) and any other dog. For example,Salukis we’re revered in Arab culture.

Jewish views on dogs per their texts.

Christian views on dogs per their texts.

None of these religious traditions like dogs. The idea that animals could be pets or should be treated kindly and humanely is relatively modern and often aligned with cultural prosperity, education and (in my opinion) an increase in secularity or a more liberal view (rather than literal view) of scripture. Many Islamic societies are still very conservative, very religious, more rural than urban and those are cultures that tend to retain those views of dogs.

How do non-Islamic cultures treat dogs or other animals?

Often not very well. Russia, China (and other Asian countries) for example have a bad rap. In the US, the Amish are known for puppy mills and horse abuse and animal abuse occurs all over tbe US. Religious scripture is all too often used to justify mistreatment of animals. Dogs are often viewed as products, not pets. None of that mitigates how they are treated in Islamic countries, but it is not unique to Islam and there ARE people and groups (many are Muslims) trying to make a difference, sometimes at great personal danger (Iran) in how their cultures treat their fellow animals. They faced ingrained cultural and religious traditions and impoverished communities where pets are considered wasteful.

Here are some in Palestine:

It’s an uphill battle.

Most Muslims hate dogs. It’s a cultural thing. I’ve even seen Muslim dog owners with these small designer dogs that privately kick, bite, pull their ears, and abuse them for fun. Now, this doesn’t mean ALL Muslims. Dogs are considered impure, dirty, evil animals.
..to Muslims. They don't seem to mind cats though.

Well, at least the one that came over in the middle of the night trying to

behead his daughter for not going along with an arranged marriage

had one.

The operative word is "had" because my dog killed it.

It was a nice, big, fluffy tame tabby and didn't deserve that, but my dog

was a cat killer, and I am partly to blame for that. He also gave the

cows hell, too. I didn't want him to be a cat killer, I just wanted him

to kill one cat that scratched him 3x. He killed that one, and 27 more. :(

If I knew then what I know now, I probably would have let him let that

cat be that used to hide in the garbage can then jump out and scratch

his nose when I went to take hime out/put the garbage out.

I didn't know he was going to go all genocide on cats..except

mine. She'd jump on his back and ride him like a jockey while he was

fetching, and they used to play. She'd get on top of his head and ride

him like a gator. Even after he started killing cats. They'd play.

Last edited:
So…I’m going to disagree with some of this Roudy, I think this is a way of ginning up more hatred of the Palestinians.

In the ancient Middle Eastern cultures, dogs were often despised and considered unclean and dangerous. Given the fact that rabies was (and is) endemic in many areas, it’s easy to see how these prohibitions came into being.

These attitudes were not limited to Islamic scripture either, but rooted in Jewish and Christian scripture as well. No surprise…they all are related and spring from similar culture.

Along with Quran and Hadiths, the Bible and Torah and Talmud have little good to say about dogs and there was a strong distinction made between certain breeds (sight hounds) and any other dog. For example,Salukis we’re revered in Arab culture.

Jewish views on dogs per their texts.

Christian views on dogs per their texts.

None of these religious traditions like dogs. The idea that animals could be pets or should be treated kindly and humanely is relatively modern and often aligned with cultural prosperity, education and (in my opinion) an increase in secularity or a more liberal view (rather than literal view) of scripture. Many Islamic societies are still very conservative, very religious, more rural than urban and those are cultures that tend to retain those views of dogs.

How do non-Islamic cultures treat dogs or other animals?

Often not very well. Russia, China (and other Asian countries) for example have a bad rap. In the US, the Amish are known for puppy mills and horse abuse and animal abuse occurs all over tbe US. Religious scripture is all too often used to justify mistreatment of animals. Dogs are often viewed as products, not pets. None of that mitigates how they are treated in Islamic countries, but it is not unique to Islam and there ARE people and groups (many are Muslims) trying to make a difference, sometimes at great personal danger (Iran) in how their cultures treat their fellow animals. They faced ingrained cultural and religious traditions and impoverished communities where pets are considered wasteful.

Here are some in Palestine:

It’s an uphill battle.
Soluki‘s were dogs bred specifically for hunting. The exception to the Islamic rule for dogs is if it’s used for hunting or farming / livestock purposes. Fact is there is a deep hatred for dogs in the Muslim world which is based on religious teachings. Many Muslim countries have banned having dogs as pets, and the more Islamic they are, the more anti dog they are. Israel in the other hand is a nation of dog lovers and owners. No comparison between the two cultures.

Whatever the ancient origins of this hatred for dogs, fact is it still exists predominately among Muslims.

Animal abuse, cruelty, and/or neglect form part of the many social ills plaguing the Muslim community.

Last Ramadaan, I wrote an article highlighting the phenomenon whereby misinformed Muslims took their dogs (and/or cats) to the animal hospitals or mobile clinics during Ramadaan, to have them put to death by lethal injection. The reason given by the majority of these Muslims was that Islam forbids them to keep a dog. Also encountered was when an animal that had been ill for a prolonged time and the disease had progressed to an almost terminal state was it only then brought in for veterinary attention. When asked why they waited so long, the Muslim owner would use Islam as a reason, stating that it is not permissible to touch a dog. This still happens.

In the Middle East, dogs are traditionally thought of as unclean animals.

Working dogs, such as those used for herding or guarding, are accepted, but aside from the prized Saluki, dogs are traditionally kept out of the house. Touching a dog is said to make one impure, and many people are nervous or even afraid of dogs.

Last edited:
Soluki‘s were dogs bred specifically for hunting. The exception to the Islamic rule for dogs is if it’s used for hunting or farming / livestock purposes. Fact is there is a deep hatred for dogs in the Muslim world which is based on religious teachings. Many Muslim countries have banned having dogs as pets, and the more Islamic they are, the more anti dog they are. Israel in the other hand is a nation of dog lovers and owners. No comparison between the two cultures.

Whatever the ancient origins of this hatred for dogs, fact is it still exists predominately among Muslims.

Animal abuse, cruelty, and/or neglect form part of the many social ills plaguing the Muslim community.

Last Ramadaan, I wrote an article highlighting the phenomenon whereby misinformed Muslims took their dogs (and/or cats) to the animal hospitals or mobile clinics during Ramadaan, to have them put to death by lethal injection. The reason given by the majority of these Muslims was that Islam forbids them to keep a dog. Also encountered was when an animal that had been ill for a prolonged time and the disease had progressed to an almost terminal state was it only then brought in for veterinary attention. When asked why they waited so long, the Muslim owner would use Islam as a reason, stating that it is not permissible to touch a dog. This still happens.

In the Middle East, dogs are traditionally thought of as unclean animals.

Working dogs, such as those used for herding or guarding, are accepted, but aside from the prized Saluki, dogs are traditionally kept out of the house. Touching a dog is said to make one impure, and many people are nervous or even afraid of dogs.
I think my point is still valid however. These other religions have similar prohibitions but have moved past that in most western countries. The Middle East and elsewhere have a long ways to go. :thup:

I think my point is still valid however. These other religions have similar prohibitions but have moved past that in most western countries. The Middle East and elsewhere have a long ways to go. :thup:
Other religions had these prohibitions thousands of years ago, but it is only Islam whose main prophet Mohammad called the killing of all black dogs. There’s a lot of medieval things Muslims do today that others used to do thousands of years ago. The list is long.

Forum List

Back