Should America enforce a no-fly zone over Ukraine?

KoolKolt

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2022
Zelensky has asked the US, Canada, and the UK to enforce a no-fly zone over Ukraine. Do you think that would be a wise move or end up in WWIII?

Zelensky has asked the US, Canada, and the UK to enforce a no-fly zone over Ukraine. Do you think that would be a wise move or end up in WWIII?
No, but it would lead to a wider conflict and cause greater damage and casualties. If the U.S. had sent a small force into Western Ukraine at the beginning, it could have established a de facto no-fly zone over that part of the country. That would have put us on more even ground from which to negotiate with Russia over Ukraine's status.

I'm no Nostradamus but if the coalition was big enough, I don't think the Russians would go all-out nuclear. Russia doesn't have enough nukes to hit the US, Canada, the UK, and NATO all together.

It's all a roll of the dice at this point.

It would guarantee WWIII. Putin is all in and he will never just accept his nation's military being destroyed before the nations of the world. These are the most dangerous days since the Cuban missile crisis.

It would guarantee WWIII. Putin is all in and he will never just accept his nation's military being destroyed before the nations of the world. These are the most dangerous days since the Cuban missile crisis.

Putin can't nuke everyone.

UN should do it. Not just NATO countries. But, yes there should be one in place. It is a gamble but the free world needs to come to an agreement and apply a no-fly zone along with their current actions.

Not in the least. The 3rd round of talks will be productive, that is, IF the media and political mouthpieces allow for that to happen. The media states that "Putin is appearing to be more reasonable" to accept that Ukraine as a neutral state.

All that NATO had to do to avoid loss of life was to state publicly on the world stage (easy to do within a few minutes nowadays), that according to their membership laws, no country can be a member with territorial disputes. NATO members chose to stay mute about that requirement and chose instead deliberate silence. So now, it's that "Putin" has come to his senses. Well perhaps, I don't claim to know. I do know that it's just as likely that NATO has decided to become....as the media is printing..."more reasonable". Anyone who places political postering over this blaring in your face solution that's been there all along to stop the invasion is a real piece of work.

I'll come back later with specific names of these NATO decision makers who chose to stay mute. It was obvious weeks ago that the best result was to declare Ukraine neutral.

Added note-any underinformed or misinformed poster who ignorantly misconstrues my position as a Putin lover, you are also a real piece of work and only interested in continuing the war most likely, perhaps financial gains in the works for you by war mongering.

From an American nationalistic viewpoint the US should not get involved in European entanglements.

However, from a humanitarian viewpoint the Russians should not be allowed to get away with the brutality against civilians we have seen in Ukraine.

Kind of a conundrum, isn't it?

I'm no Nostradamus but if the coalition was big enough, I don't think the Russians would go all-out nuclear. Russia doesn't have enough nukes to hit the US, Canada, the UK, and NATO all together.

It's all a roll of the dice at this point.
They do have enough nukes to pretty much kill almost everyone in the west.

Do you hear yourself? Your talking about a nuclear holocaust like it’s so cool.
The return of the nuclear threat | DW | 14.03.2022

If the U.S. and the rest of the world had gotten Ukraine the weapons it was going to need namely the stingers and javelins while Putin was building up his forces on the border this war might have never happened. No world leader including Biden was caught off guard when Putin finally invaded but none of them took any serious action until he finally did.

From an American nationalistic viewpoint the US should not get involved in European entanglements.

However, from a humanitarian viewpoint the Russians should not be allowed to get away with the brutality against civilians we have seen in Ukraine.

Kind of a conundrum, isn't it?
Did you say this about the brutality suffered by the Iraqis, Libyans, Syrians and Yemenis?

If the U.S. and the rest of the world had gotten Ukraine the weapons it was going to need namely the stingers and javelins while Putin was building up his forces on the border this war might have never happened. No world leader including Biden was caught off guard when Putin finally invaded but none of them took any serious action until he finally did.
They weren’t caught off guard. Putin warned them for damn near a decade. Get informed.

Did you say this about the brutality suffered by the Iraqis, Libyans, Syrians and Yemenis?

I don't give a shit about the ragheads.

I do care about the Ukraine kids.

If you love the ragheads then fine.

Nope

Well, this is a big lie. Right now the Russians are winning this war and winning it decisively. The fact is that the Ukrainian army’s command-and-control system is completely broken. The Ukrainian forces do not have an overall defensive strategy, for all intents and purposes, each unit is on its own. The Russians have successfully surrounded Kiev and Kharkov, the major cities. They’ve also surrounded and are in the process of pacifying Mariupol, so in the end, the Russians are winning. And most important of all, the Russians seem to have completely surrounded, and are currently, in all likelihood, annihilating the 60,000-strong army of the Ukraines which is currently in eastern Ukraine.

Not many people are talking about it but you should pay attention to that, that’s really important, because those 60,000 men represent the cream of the crop of the Ukrainian armed forces and they are
surrounded. Not only are they surrounded, there is no possibility of them being refueled or resupplied so it’s only a matter of time to either overwhelm them, overrun them, or annihilate them. It’s as simple as that….

You haven't grown a no-fly zoner good enough yet to enforce it over territory where Russia has its own no-fly zone.

Forum List

Back