Short Answers Against Gun Control

Does it matter?
With the planning that takes place for a site to hold it, wouldn't you think they would've chose one without a ban?
Just so they could walk around, with their guns and look like billybadass?
Which major venue would allow guns inside? So yes, it matters a lot. You're trying to make the case that the NRA was afraid to allow their members to carry at one of their conventions, as if that's some kind of scandal or something, but you don't even know if they came up with the idea or were required to by the venue.

May 26 2022
After the Sandy Hook school shooting in 2012, National Rifle Association CEO Wayne LaPierre dug in his heels against gun reform, famously saying that “the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.”

The NRA Convention offers a perfect testing ground for that theory, but attendees aren’t allowed to bring guns onto the convention floor. Some can’t even take them into their hotel rooms.

The NRA did not respond to a request for comment about the convention’s restriction of personal carry.
Gov. Greg Abbott (R) signed a bill last year allowing people to carry concealed handguns without passing a background check and proficiency test that is required for a license.

Moron.....that is a lie about the NRA convention.....you guys keep lying about that...

You freaking dumb shit....

During the 151st NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits, personal firearms may be carried in the George R. Brown Convention Center (GRBCC) in accordance with Texas law. When carrying your firearm, always adhere to all federal, state, and local laws.

And that's the problem.
No license, no experience, no brains.
No problem...........here's your gun.

Yeah.....

Over 600 million guns in private hands.

Over 22 million Americans legally carry guns in public for self defense.

Legal gun owners are not the ones shooting at each other over drug turf, you dumb ass........so as long as you don't have a felony record, there is no reason to keep that individual from carrying a legal gun........

The problem isn't normal gun owners who can carry guns, you dipshit....the problem is the actual criminals, with long histories of crime and violence who democrat party prosecutors plea bargain away gun charges, and who democrat party judges release on no cash bail, and who democrat party politicians keep lowering the sentencing laws for gun felonies....

Those are the problems...not normal people who carry a gun for self defense...but you are too stupid to understand the actual issue...

Some people enjoy shooting at the range more than they do reloading after every 5 shots.
How many targets and rounds are you going to waste?
I don't get it I carry about 20 rounds when I do go to the shooting range, just to practice, maybe zero in a scope but that's it.
I've seen people like that at the range, they make an afternoon of it, I don't get it.
Then again, I don't get riding a motorcycle to nowhere to get nothing for no reason either, that's just me.

Yeah.....

Over 600 million guns in private hands.

Over 22 million Americans legally carry guns in public for self defense.

Legal gun owners are not the ones shooting at each other over drug turf, you dumb ass........so as long as you don't have a felony record, there is no reason to keep that individual from carrying a legal gun........
"Legal gun owners"?
How can you tell, that person ISN'T on his way to protect his drug turf?
OR on his way to his job as an undercover cop?
The problem isn't normal gun owners who can carry guns, you dipshit....the problem is the actual criminals, with long histories of crime and violence
So, you know that, how?
who democrat party prosecutors plea bargain away gun charges, and who democrat party judges release on no cash bail, and who democrat party politicians keep lowering the sentencing laws for gun felonies....
That would be republicans, moron.
Kyle Rittenhouse?
Those are the problems...not normal people who carry a gun for self defense...but you are too stupid to understand the actual issue...
How does the seller know the person isn't a felon?
There aren't any background checks.
In the moron states, that's everyone, idiot.

"Legal gun owners"?

So, you know that, how?

Kyle Rittenhouse?

They already have a criminal record...you doofus.

The felon knows they are a felon, and when caught with the gun they can't legally buy, own or carry, they can already be arrested for those crimes...at which point the democrat party prosecutor will plea bargain away the gun charge, allowing the democrat party judge to give him no cash bail and eventually a shorter sentence at trial, and the democrat party politicians will reduce the penalty for actual gun crimes....like they did here....

California Democrats hate the gun, not the gunman – Orange County Register

Now that Democrats have supermajorities in the California state Legislature, they’ve rolled into Sacramento with a zest for lowering the state’s prison population and have interpreted St. Augustine’s words of wisdom to mean, “Hate the gun, not the gunman.”

I say this because, once they finally took a break from preaching about the benefits of stricter gun control, the state Senate voted to loosen sentencing guidelines for criminals convicted of gun crimes.

Currently, California law requires anyone who uses a gun while committing a felony to have their sentence increased by 10 years or more in prison — on top of the normal criminal penalty. If enacted, Senate Bill 620 would eliminate that mandate.

The bill, which passed on a 22-14 party-line vote, with support only from Democrats, now heads to the state Assembly for consideration.

Republicans and the National Rifle Association have vowed to campaign against it.

Why have Democrats suddenly developed a soft spot for criminals convicted of gun crimes? The bill’s author, state Sen. Steve Bradford, D-Gardena, says that he was motivated to write the bill after a 17-year-old riding in a car involved in a drive-by shooting was sentenced to 25 years in prison, even though he claims that he wasn’t the one who pulled the trigger.

and for all those anti-gunners who want to know where criminals get guns....well...this law lowers the prison time for those who give guns to criminals.....

Why is that?

Prop. 57, for example, very deceptively and fundamentally changed the definition of what constitutes a “non-violent” offense.

supplying a firearm to a gang member,

l
felon obtaining a firearm,

discharging a firearm on school grounds
=========

Over a nearly four-month period in 2016, judges gave out cash-based bonds in nearly 96 percent of felony gun cases and released just 2 percent on electronic monitors. In the 10 weeks after the bond order took effect in September, though, the number of cash-based bonds for gun cases plummeted to about 40 percent, while those freed on the electronic bracelets jumped to 22 percent.
----
By contrast, judges also boosted how often they ordered no bond for those charged with felony gun offenses, to more than 9 percent in 2017, compared with no cases at all in 2016, the analysis showed.

Dart sees 'alarming' rise in gun defendants freed on electronic monitoring

"Legal gun owners"?

So, you know that, how?

Kyle Rittenhouse?

Rittenhouse? How does he apply to this, you moron....he was not guilty for shooting the 3 violent criminals...one of whom was a serial child rapist...you dope.

They already have a criminal record...you doofus.
They know that, how does the seller?
Is he going to ask nicely?

The felon knows they are a felon, and when caught
Sure WHEN caught.
with the gun they can't legally buy, own or carry, they can already be arrested for those crimes...at which point the democrat party prosecutor will plea bargain away the gun charge, allowing the democrat party judge to give him no cash bail and eventually a shorter sentence at trial, and the democrat party politicians will reduce the penalty for actual gun crimes....like they did here....

California Democrats hate the gun, not the gunman – Orange County Register

Now that Democrats have supermajorities in the California state Legislature, they’ve rolled into Sacramento with a zest for lowering the state’s prison population and have interpreted St. Augustine’s words of wisdom to mean, “Hate the gun, not the gunman.”

I say this because, once they finally took a break from preaching about the benefits of stricter gun control, the state Senate voted to loosen sentencing guidelines for criminals convicted of gun crimes.

Currently, California law requires anyone who uses a gun while committing a felony to have their sentence increased by 10 years or more in prison — on top of the normal criminal penalty. If enacted, Senate Bill 620 would eliminate that mandate.

The bill, which passed on a 22-14 party-line vote, with support only from Democrats, now heads to the state Assembly for consideration.

Republicans and the National Rifle Association have vowed to campaign against it.

Why have Democrats suddenly developed a soft spot for criminals convicted of gun crimes? The bill’s author, state Sen. Steve Bradford, D-Gardena, says that he was motivated to write the bill after a 17-year-old riding in a car involved in a drive-by shooting was sentenced to 25 years in prison, even though he claims that he wasn’t the one who pulled the trigger.

and for all those anti-gunners who want to know where criminals get guns....well...this law lowers the prison time for those who give guns to criminals.....

Why is that?

Prop. 57, for example, very deceptively and fundamentally changed the definition of what constitutes a “non-violent” offense.

supplying a firearm to a gang member,

l
felon obtaining a firearm,

discharging a firearm on school grounds
=========

Over a nearly four-month period in 2016, judges gave out cash-based bonds in nearly 96 percent of felony gun cases and released just 2 percent on electronic monitors. In the 10 weeks after the bond order took effect in September, though, the number of cash-based bonds for gun cases plummeted to about 40 percent, while those freed on the electronic bracelets jumped to 22 percent.
----
By contrast, judges also boosted how often they ordered no bond for those charged with felony gun offenses, to more than 9 percent in 2017, compared with no cases at all in 2016, the analysis showed.

Dart sees 'alarming' rise in gun defendants freed on electronic monitoring
Senate Bill 620 –Discretion for Judges to Strike Firearm Use Enhancements. In the past, if the prosecutor proved that a person used a gun during a felony crime, a court was required to enhance the person’s sentence under Penal Code §§ 12022.5 or 12022.53. Depending on the circumstances, these enhancements could add several years or up to 25 years to life. Judges did not have the power to strike firearm enhancements. Effective January 1, 2018, the law changed so that sentencing courts can strike a firearm enhancement if doing so is in the “interests of justice.” S.B. 620 applies to non-final criminal cases. It does not apply to cases that were already final when the new law took effect.

Why do you get to tell me what I need or don't need? That rifle cam with 2 20 round magazines when I bought it so that's what I use.
I haven't bought a weapon in decades, my pistols carry 5 rounds each, one of my rifles came with 7 round magazines, out of the box.
2 20 round mags out of the box or did you order separately?

Forum List

Back