Shopping while driving..............................

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Saw this earlier on the television today. Seems that some idiot who thought that driving was secondary decided to go shopping on her phone while driving. Only problem is, she wasn't paying attention (because she was shopping), and hit a cyclist riding down the same road. Turns out, that cyclist happened to be the Sheriff of Volusia county.

Listen people, I understand that your phones can help you do a lot of stuff, but can you please limit it to times that you aren't doing things that can kill others? My personal opinion? The internet and the myriad of ways we can connect to it has made us more self serving and stupid.

If there's anything that causes me to turn murderous, it's being a hapless passenger in a car with a cell phone driver. They go from normal to driving like they snarfed a bottle of whiskey in a heartbeat.

I want to punch them in the throat and cram that phone where the sun don't shine.

Saw this earlier on the television today. Seems that some idiot who thought that driving was secondary decided to go shopping on her phone while driving. Only problem is, she wasn't paying attention (because she was shopping), and hit a cyclist riding down the same road. Turns out, that cyclist happened to be the Sheriff of Volusia county.

Listen people, I understand that your phones can help you do a lot of stuff, but can you please limit it to times that you aren't doing things that can kill others? My personal opinion? The internet and the myriad of ways we can connect to it has made us more self serving and stupid.

Illegal to use handheld device while driving in my state

That's a wonderful idea. Thank you for posting this.

#metoo, unless It's Sheila and her vibrator.

It's illegal in most states. That is why she is being charged.

If there's anything that causes me to turn murderous, it's being a hapless passenger in a car with a cell phone driver. They go from normal to driving like they snarfed a bottle of whiskey in a heartbeat.

I want to punch them in the throat and cram that phone where the sun don't shine.

Agreed. I'm surprised that more people don't understand the mechanics of driving. Not only to you have to keep the vehicle in check and within the traffic lanes you are driving in, but you also have to check what other cars are doing, if there are pedestrians or others on the road with you, you also have to understand the speed that you are doing, in comparison to the others. Sorry, but using your cell phone while driving is unacceptable to me. If you want to drive, drive. If you want to use your cell phone, pull off to the side of the road and make your call or send your text. Doing both at the same time is almost as bad as driving under the influence in my opinion.

Same here.

Forum List

Back