Shootings and stabbings on the rise in England....the Chinese flu isn't stopping the violence there...

You stupid clown and your obsession with gun crime where there is little. 35 acts of violence in a country of 80 million people in a 7 week period. Holy cow. That's 50 people a year, being murdered violently. Hardly the collapse of civilization as we know it. Especially compared to the 35,000 Americans who die just by gun violence every single year.

Every time you attempt to prove gun controls don't stop crime crime, you prove exactly the opposite. You have more women being murdered by their intimate partners every week than the British had killings by either gun or knife over a 7 week period. On average, 700 people died because of gun violence in the USA during that same . Now, 400 hundred of those deaths are suicides but that leaves 300 people who died just by gun violence, in the USA, during that same 7 week period.

See why I find you so laughable.

Why call people names when it is you showing your narrow mindedness and choose to ignore ALL violent crimes and just focus on guns? Why do they scare you so much and why do you want to force other people to be defenseless? How is that a good thing?

You have obviously missed the OP's dozens of similar threads, the purpose of which is to prove that gun control doesn't prevent gun crime. He is obsessed with pointing out gun crime in countries with gun control. He also seems to think that unless we can prevent ALL gun murders by strict gun control, we shouldn't have any.

I have never been robbed, threatened, nor have I ever felt the need to own a handgun. I live in a country where only the police have guns and I'm fine with that. When someone has a handgun, I know they're not one of the good guys.

No one has the "god given right to own a gun" because that right comes from the government, not God. Canadians elected a government to keep the peace, so we don't have to. This is not the wild west. You lose far more people in accidental shootings than Canadians lose to gun violence. Unlike Americans, Canadians don't fear their neighbours or their government. We have an orderly society and we'd intend to keep it that way.

With the recent AR15 ban, many American NRA members have promised to never come to Canada again. Canadians consider that a bonus. We consider their meddling in our gun laws, unconscionable.

No, obviously it is you who miss the point of this repeated thread. Obviously the OP only wishes to discuss the issue of gun violence while ignoring the fact that violent crime in both Great Britain and Canada far exceeds that in the United States.

You stupid clown and your obsession with gun crime where there is little. 35 acts of violence in a country of 80 million people in a 7 week period. Holy cow. That's 50 people a year, being murdered violently. Hardly the collapse of civilization as we know it. Especially compared to the 35,000 Americans who die just by gun violence every single year.

Every time you attempt to prove gun controls don't stop crime crime, you prove exactly the opposite. You have more women being murdered by their intimate partners every week than the British had killings by either gun or knife over a 7 week period. On average, 700 people died because of gun violence in the USA during that same . Now, 400 hundred of those deaths are suicides but that leaves 300 people who died just by gun violence, in the USA, during that same 7 week period.

Why call people names when it is you showing your narrow mindedness and choose to ignore ALL violent crimes and just focus on guns? Why do they scare you so much and why do you want to force other people to be defenseless? How is that a good thing?

You have obviously missed the OP's dozens of similar threads, the purpose of which is to prove that gun control doesn't prevent gun crime. He is obsessed with pointing out gun crime in countries with gun control. He also seems to think that unless we can prevent ALL gun murders by strict gun control, we shouldn't have any.

I have never been robbed, threatened, nor have I ever felt the need to own a handgun. I live in a country where only the police have guns and I'm fine with that. When someone has a handgun, I know they're not one of the good guys.

No one has the "god given right to own a gun" because that right comes from the government, not God. Canadians elected a government to keep the peace, so we don't have to. This is not the wild west. You lose far more people in accidental shootings than Canadians lose to gun violence. Unlike Americans, Canadians don't fear their neighbours or their government. We have an orderly society and we'd intend to keep it that way.

With the recent AR15 ban, many American NRA members have promised to never come to Canada again. Canadians consider that a bonus. We consider their meddling in our gun laws, unconscionable.

No, obviously it is you who miss the point of this repeated thread. Obviously the OP only wishes to discuss the issue of gun violence while ignoring the fact that violent crime in both Great Britain and Canada far exceeds that in the United States.
It really doesnt. Please trot out the debunked Sun newspaper survey to support your bullshit.

putin's poodles dress this way in order to intimidate people by doing the Rambo central-casting bit like they saw in the movies. Otherwise, why do it? We are nowhere near Halloween.

I know you are stupid....but I will try to explain it so even you can understand......

The only people involved with the Russians were the Democrat National Committee and the hilary campaign.....using fake information provided to them through Richard Steele from Russian sources..............

Hilary took 145 mllion dollars from actual putin poodles into the clinton money laundering foundation........

So.......you are a dumb shit...I get that......so the Russian thing is getting really old...

Your orange whore and his cronies are in it neck-deep with the Russians. The putin poodles are just the tip of the iceberg. They are just the useful idiots.

That isn't even close to the truth.....the truth is easy......the Russians supplied fake information to Richard Steele who gave it to the DNC and the hilary campaign....it was then used by democrats at the FBI to get illegal FISA warrants against Trump and his people.........this was on top of the 145 million dollars putin poodles actually gave to the clinton foundation........

The only ones in bed with the Russians are the democrats...as the actual FBI notes show .....you dumb ass.

78,000 message in 6 years, pushing Russian propaganda.

What exactly is Russian propaganda? You know.......you morons are just getting lazy.......

I give you facts, truth and reality, and you don't even work to come up with good lies any more.......you are stupid...and lazy.

You don't give fact, you fear monger, using statistics. Where all of your arguments break down is that you use figures like "gun crime is up 40%" in 4 years. Well 40% of nothing is nothing. If there were 20 shootings 4 years ago, there's now 28.

Russian propaganda - posts intended to sow hate and division. To make people distrust their government. You theme is to promote gun violence. Everybody ought to have a gun. No they shouldn't. Nobody "needs" a gun. Unless it's to cover for the short comings. You seem to have a lot of those.

You promote your gun toting rooting shooting bullshit to someone else.

putin's poodles dress this way in order to intimidate people by doing the Rambo central-casting bit like they saw in the movies. Otherwise, why do it? We are nowhere near Halloween.

I know you are stupid....but I will try to explain it so even you can understand......

The only people involved with the Russians were the Democrat National Committee and the hilary campaign.....using fake information provided to them through Richard Steele from Russian sources..............

Hilary took 145 mllion dollars from actual putin poodles into the clinton money laundering foundation........

So.......you are a dumb shit...I get that......so the Russian thing is getting really old...

Your orange whore and his cronies are in it neck-deep with the Russians. The putin poodles are just the tip of the iceberg. They are just the useful idiots.

That isn't even close to the truth.....the truth is easy......the Russians supplied fake information to Richard Steele who gave it to the DNC and the hilary campaign....it was then used by democrats at the FBI to get illegal FISA warrants against Trump and his people.........this was on top of the 145 million dollars putin poodles actually gave to the clinton foundation........

The only ones in bed with the Russians are the democrats...as the actual FBI notes show .....you dumb ass.

What exactly is Russian propaganda? You know.......you morons are just getting lazy.......

I give you facts, truth and reality, and you don't even work to come up with good lies any more.......you are stupid...and lazy.

You don't give fact, you fear monger, using statistics. Where all of your arguments break down is that you use figures like "gun crime is up 40%" in 4 years. Well 40% of nothing is nothing. If there were 20 shootings 4 years ago, there's now 28.

Russian propaganda - posts intended to sow hate and division. To make people distrust their government. You theme is to promote gun violence. Everybody ought to have a gun. No they shouldn't. Nobody "needs" a gun. Unless it's to cover for the short comings. You seem to have a lot of those.

You post using hormones, not your brain........

Gun crime is going up in Canada...where they have extreme gun control...

Gun crime is going down in the U.S. as more Americans own and carry guns....

Those two points show you don't understand the nature of the issues involved and are simply using hormones instead of your brains.....

As actual research has shown, our gun murder rate has gone down 49% as more people own guns.......your hormones can't explain that.

As actual research has shown, our gun crime rate has gone down 75% as more people own guns.....your hormones can't explain that......

You throw out "Russian Propaganda," the same way you throw out "racism," as a simple way to try to silence discussion when the facts, truth and reality show you are wrong....

It really doesnt. Please trot out the debunked Sun newspaper survey to support your bullshit.

Since you asked. My sources are not the Sun Newspaper.
The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.
By James Slack
UPDATED:18:14 EST, 2 July 2009

Britain's violent crime record is worse than any other country in the European union, it has been revealed.

Official crime figures show the UK also has a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S. and even South Africa - widely considered one of the world's most dangerous countries.

The figures comes on the day new Home Secretary Alan Johnson makes his first major speech on crime, promising to be tough on loutish behaviour.

Chart

The U.S. has a violence rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents, Canada 935, Australia 920 and South Africa 1,609.

Shadow Home Secretary Chris Grayling said: 'This is a damning indictment of this government's comprehensive failure over more than a decade to tackle the deep rooted social problems in our society, and the knock on effect on crime and anti-social behaviour.

Read more: Britain the most violent country in Europe and even worse than South Africa and U.S.

Read more: UK is violent crime capital of Europe

No it doesn't. Violent crime in the USA is so prevalent that it's not counted the same in the USA. For example, there a fight at a bar, somebody gets a bloody nose, charges are filed. Nobody is seriously injured and tomorrows hangover is going to be worse than the injuries. The British and the Canadians count that as a violent assault. In the USA, unless somebody is seriously injured and hospitalized, that's not even counted.

Someone once asked me why Canadian guys rape so many women. They don't. "Sexual assault" is defined as unwanted touching. You grab a woman's ass in a bar and give it a squeeze, she can have you charged with sexual assault. In the USA, sexual assault is rape with penetration. Canadians count the ass grab, Americans do not.

The USA counts only the most severe crimes, where there was serious injury or hospitalization in their violent crime stats.

No it doesn't. Violent crime in the USA is so prevalent that it's not counted the same in the USA. For example, there a fight at a bar, somebody gets a bloody nose, charges are filed. Nobody is seriously injured and tomorrows hangover is going to be worse than the injuries. The British and the Canadians count that as a violent assault. In the USA, unless somebody is seriously injured and hospitalized, that's not even counted.

Someone once asked me why Canadian guys rape so many women. They don't. "Sexual assault" is defined as unwanted touching. You grab a woman's ass in a bar and give it a squeeze, she can have you charged with sexual assault. In the USA, sexual assault is rape with penetration. Canadians count the ass grab, Americans do not.

The USA counts only the most severe crimes, where there was serious injury or hospitalization in their violent crime stats.

And you are wrong, again....in fact, the British, Canadians and Swedes are playing with their stats to hide the number of serious crimes they now have because they have imported violent 3rd world predators into their countries....just ask the girls raped in Britain as the British government and police looked the other way...so they wouldn't be accused of being racists........

You don't know what you are talking about....

Since you asked. My sources are not the Sun Newspaper.
The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.
By James Slack
UPDATED:18:14 EST, 2 July 2009

Britain's violent crime record is worse than any other country in the European union, it has been revealed.

Official crime figures show the UK also has a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S. and even South Africa - widely considered one of the world's most dangerous countries.

The figures comes on the day new Home Secretary Alan Johnson makes his first major speech on crime, promising to be tough on loutish behaviour.

Chart

The U.S. has a violence rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents, Canada 935, Australia 920 and South Africa 1,609.

Shadow Home Secretary Chris Grayling said: 'This is a damning indictment of this government's comprehensive failure over more than a decade to tackle the deep rooted social problems in our society, and the knock on effect on crime and anti-social behaviour.

Read more: Britain the most violent country in Europe and even worse than South Africa and U.S.

Read more: UK is violent crime capital of Europe
Yes they pinched it from the Sun. Who printed a bogus article released by the Conservative party taking a cheap shot against the then Labour government. Its bollox mate.
The only true comparison is deaths because all crime is classified differently around the world. Sweden is apparently the world capital of sex crime. It really isnt. It is down to the way that they record the crimes.
No charge for this lesson.

Those two points show you don't understand the nature of the issues involved and are simply using hormones instead of your brains.....

As actual research has shown, our gun murder rate has gone down 49% as more people own guns.......your hormones can't explain that.

As actual research has shown, our gun crime rate has gone down 75% as more people own guns.....your hormones can't explain that......

You throw out "Russian Propaganda," the same way you throw out "racism," as a simple way to try to silence discussion when the facts, truth and reality show you are wrong....

What is this "hormones" shit? Every human has hormones. The bearded putin poodles waving flags and guns over a virus also have hormones.

What is this "hormones" shit? Every human has hormones. The bearded putin poodles waving flags and guns over a virus also have hormones.

Yes....everyone has hormones...but you and the other anti-gun extremists allow the hormones to do your thinking....

Yes....everyone has hormones...but you and the other anti-gun extremists allow the hormones to do your thinking....

In other words, the women are incapable of intellectual discussions are are driven strictly by "hormones". That you for mansplaining that for me, lying piece of shit.

You claim a "God-given right" to own a gun" but it's not based based on logic, reason or good governance. That you have to fudge your violent crime statistics to count only the most egrious violence going on in a country where any yahoo with a pocket full of cash can buy a gun, shows how your studies are being manipulated to give the result you want. At least in Canada, unarmed civilians aren't being shot by the hundreds every year. There are few accidental shootings, and fewer gun suicides.

You keep pretending that guns are keeping you safe, even as every study ever done around the world shows otherwise. If that isn''t an emotional response, I don't know what is.

In other words, the women are incapable of intellectual discussions are are driven strictly by "hormones". That you for mansplaining that for me, lying piece of shit.

You claim a "God-given right" to own a gun" but it's not based based on logic, reason or good governance. That you have to fudge your violent crime statistics to count only the most egrious violence going on in a country where any yahoo with a pocket full of cash can buy a gun, shows how your studies are being manipulated to give the result you want. At least in Canada, unarmed civilians aren't being shot by the hundreds every year. There are few accidental shootings, and fewer gun suicides.

You keep pretending that guns are keeping you safe, even as every study ever done around the world shows otherwise. If that isn''t an emotional response, I don't know what is.

I didn't say women, I said anti-gun extremists.......both male and female anti-gun extremists are driven by hormones, not brains.....which is why you can't understand the truth, reality or facts about guns and crime.

The statistics are true......over the last 27 years as more Americans own and carry guns.....over 18.2 million Americans....our gun crime rate has gone down 75%, our gun murder rate went down 49%...our violent crime rate went down 72%....this shows that guns and gun ownership do not cause or increase crime, gun crime or violent crime......something your hormones will not let you understand.

In America, unarmed civilians are also not being gunned down.....in the U.S. our criminals are murdering each other in the thousands.....in democrat party controlled voting districts after democrat party judges, prosecutors and politicians let them out over and over again.......no matter how many times they acquire illegal guns and use them for crime.....that is our problem, not normal people who own guns for sport, hunting and self defense. But, again, your hormones will not let your brain compute those facts.....

As to guns and suicide....your hormones will not let your brain process this.....

Fact Check, Gun Control and Suicide

There is no relation between suicide rate and gun ownership rates around the world. According to the 2016 World Health Statistics report, (2) suicide rates in the four countries cited as having restrictive gun control laws have suicide rates that are comparable to that in the U. S.: Australia, 11.6, Canada, 11.4, France, 15.8, UK, 7.0, and USA 13.7 suicides/100,000. By comparison, Japan has among the highest suicide rates in the world, 23.1/100,000, but gun ownership is extremely rare, 0.6 guns/100 people.

Suicide is a mental health issue. If guns are not available other means are used. Poisoning, in fact, is the most common method of suicide for U. S. females according to the Washington Post (34 % of suicides), and suffocation the second most common method for males (27%).

Secondly, gun ownership rates in France and Canada are not low, as is implied in the Post article. The rate of gun ownership in the U. S. is indeed high at 88.8 guns/100 residents, but gun ownership rates are also among the world’s highest in the other countries cited. Gun ownership rates in these countries are are as follows: Australia, 15, Canada, 30.8, France, 31.2, and UK 6.2 per 100 residents. (3,4) Gun ownership rates in Saudia Arabia are comparable to that in Canada and France, with 37.8 guns per 100 Saudi residents, yet the lowest suicide rate in the world is in Saudia Arabia (0.3 suicides per 100,000).

Third, recent statistics in the state of Florida show that nearly one third of the guns used in suicides are obtained illegally, putting these firearm deaths beyond control through gun laws.(5)
Fourth, the primary factors affecting suicide rates are personal stresses, cultural, economic, religious factors and demographics. According to the WHO statistics, the highest rates of suicide in the world are in the Republic of Korea, with 36.8 suicides per 100,000, but India, Japan, Russia, and Hungary all have rates above 20 per 100,000; roughly twice as high as the U.S. and the four countries that are the basis for the Post’s calculation that gun control would reduce U.S. suicide rates by 20 to 38 percent. Lebanon, Oman, and Iraq all have suicide rates below 1.1 per 100,000 people--less than 1/10 the suicide rate in the U. S., and Afghanistan, Algeria, Jamaica, Haiti, and Egypt have low suicide rates that are below 4 per 100,000 in contrast to 13.7 suicides/100,000 in the U. S.
========

I have shown you study after study showing that guns have no correlation between increasing crime levels and gun ownership.......your hormones block your brains ability to process that truth......as this shows....

Over the last 27 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 18.6 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

The anti-gun hypothesis and argument.....

More Guns = More Gun crime regardless of any other factors.

Actual Result:

In the U.S....as more Americans own and carry guns over the last 26 years, gun murder down 49%, gun crime down 75%, violent crime down 72%

The result: Exact opposite of theory of anti-gunners....

In Science when you have a theory, when that theory is tested....and the exact opposite result happens...that means your theory is wrong. That is science....not left wing wishful thinking.

Whatever the crime rate does......as more Americans owned more guns the crime rate did not go up....so again...

Britain...
More Guns = More Gun Crime

Britain had access to guns before they banned them.....they had low gun crime, low gun murder.

They banned guns, the gun murder rate spiked for 10 years then returned to the same level...

Your Theory again....

More guns = More Gun Crime

Guns Banned creates no change? That means banning guns for law abiding gun owners had no effect on gun crime.

When your theory states one thing, and you implement your theory, and nothing changes....in science, that means your theory is wrong...
-------

Maine tops ‘safest states’ rankings four years after removing major gun restriction

When Maine passed a “Constitutional Carry” law allowing Maine residents to carry a concealed firearm without any special permit in 2015, opponents of the law forecast a dangerous future for the state. They said the new law would hurt public safety and put Maine kids at risk.

One state representative who opposed the bill went so far as to say it would give Mainers a reason to be afraid every time they went out in public or to work.

Another state representative suggested the law would lead to violent criminals with recent arrests and convictions legally carrying handguns.

-----

Now four years later, Maine has been named the safest state in the nation according to US News and World Report’s public safety rankings, which measures the fifty states based on crime data.

Ranking as the top safest state for violent crime and fourth for property crime, Maine edges out another New England state, Vermont, for the top spot. Of note, Vermont also is a “Constitutional Carry” state. New Hampshire ranks third in the national rankings, giving New England all three of the top spots in the nation.

In 2018, Maine was edged out by Vermont in the same “safest states” ranking, but declared the best state overall in the broader “Crime and Corrections” category.

In 2017, using a different methodology, Maine was ranked second among the fifty states in the “Crime and Corrections” category and also second in the categories used to rank the “safest states.”

The U.S. News and World Report “Best States” rankings are built in partnership with McKinsey & Company, a firm that works closely with state leaders around the nation.

Maine has also ranked at the top of other state rankings. WalletHub.com recently ranked Maine second in “Personal and Residential Safety” among the fifty states, and third overall.
=============

Bolsonaro's Brazil, More Legal Guns, Homicide Rates Down Precipitously

In December, 2018, in an article published by the Wall Street Journal, this pronouncement was made. From the wsj.com:

Now, Brazil is set to embark on an experiment that will determine what happens when you loosen gun restrictions in a country battling an overpowering wave of gun crime.
Homicides in Brazil were at historic highs in 2017. They dropped a bit in 2018, as candidate Bolsonaro ran on reform of the gun laws to allow self defense, and reform of the law to get tough on crime. The homicide numbers dropped from 59,000 in 2017, to 51,000 in 2018. President Bolsonaro was elected in October of 2018.

After taking office on 1 January, 2019, President Bolsonaro issued his first decree reforming some of Brazil's extreme gun laws on 15 January, 2019. The drop in Brazil's homicide rate accelerated.
-------

Early in the Bolsonaro presidency, a Brazilian lawyer prediceted the homicide rate would drop. From ammoland.com:

César Mello, asked that I include information that early reports are showing a 25% drop in Brazil's homicide rate, in the first quarter of 2019. If this trend continues, 16,000 lives will have been saved in the first year of President Bolsonaro's time in office.
The rate reduction was not quite that high. Only 10,000 lives were saved. From wtop.com:
Brazil had 41,635 killings in 2019, down 19% from the prior year and the least number of homicides since 2007, when the so-called Violence Monitor index was launched. It is a partnership between the non-profit Brazilian Forum of Public Security, the University of Sao Paulo’s Center for the Study of Violence, and news website G1, which published the data Friday.
When translated to homicide rates, the rate dropped 17% in 2018, then 23% more in 2019. The population of Brazil in 2019 was 210 million. The rate of homicides per 100,000 was 19.83. That is less than 2/3 of the homicide rate in 2017, which was 30.8.

You are constantly whining about shootings in England when their gun violence is a tiny fraction of ours, and we should be doing what they are doing. Was somebody from England mean to you as you grew up?

Violence is violence. The UK also has more random machete killings and mowing down people with cars than we do. Glad we are not doing what they are doing.
Seriously?

Wielding machetes and baseball bats, MS-13 carried out 'medieval' killings, feds say

Machete-wielding robbery suspect shot and killed in Hollywood

Five gang members are sentenced for chasing a 15-year-old and killing him with a machete

New York Hanukkah machete attack suspect could face potential death penalty trial

Man arrested in fatal machete attack on Appalachian Trail

Google list of vehicle ramming attacks and you'll finf that the USA dwarfs the UK in numbers of incidents and casualties

The UK has its own set of problems. We Americans need to concentrate on ours. Someone needs to explain why armed hoodlums are allowed in a state's capitol building here in the U.S.

Back in the 60's and 70's these people would have been considered protesters and liberals would stand up for their right to protest. Today's lefties have no conviction, no guts and no passion. The lefties today are not liberals, they are the regressives.
This is what protesters looked like in the 1960's-70's, not a gun in sight.
1589033007580.png

The UK has its own set of problems. We Americans need to concentrate on ours. Someone needs to explain why armed hoodlums are allowed in a state's capitol building here in the U.S.

Back in the 60's and 70's these people would have been considered protesters and liberals would stand up for their right to protest. Today's lefties have no conviction, no guts and no passion. The lefties today are not liberals, they are the regressives.
View attachment 333884

Whether there was a gun in sight or not has nothing to with the issue. Several organizations back then had guns, the point is the liberals would support the right to protest, lefties today don’t believe others should protest, only themselves have that right.

View attachment 333884

You mean except for these guys?

1589037746901.png

View attachment 333884

You mean except for these guys?

View attachment 333910
Ooh, interesting. That was when the NRA supported gun control. Notice how you posted the picture out of context.

1589044367969.png

May 2, 1967: Two dozen armed Negroes entered the state Capitol at noon today and 10 made their way to the back of the Assembly Chamber before they were disarmed and marched away by the state police.
The Assembly was in session at the time and Speaker Pro Tem Carlos Bee ordered the men removed from the chamber.
Outside the chamber, the police took away the weapons. The men argued they could carry the weapons as long as they were not concealed.

Read more here: https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/history/article148667224.html#storylink=cpy

Just curious, were the white "protesters" disarmed and marched away by state police?

Forum List

Back